edited November 2017

/
Post edited by SamDSC on

Replies

• Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1. Royal Guard for the stun and auto taunt, unless you know you'll be going against really fast Rebel teams a lot. Just an opinion.... oh and if you have the means, get Shoretrooper anyway because he's quite useful.
    2. Yes, I have seen some videos of teams like you're building that do pretty darn well for themselves.

Palpatine lead would be optimum and his stuns would work similar to what you're looking to get out Boba Fett's AB (guessing) so I would replace him...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Ep lead, boba, vader, rg and nihilius/DT and krennic would probably work well
  • Options
    Ep lead, boba, vader, rg and nihilius/DT and krennic would probably work well

Yeah krennic is a possibility. Hopefully both are a reasonable farm and that they'll be farmable soon. Cheers
  • Options
    1. Royal Guard for the stun and auto taunt, unless you know you'll be going against really fast Rebel teams a lot. Just an opinion.... oh and if you have the means, get Shoretrooper anyway because he's quite useful.
    2. Yes, I have seen some videos of teams like you're building that do pretty darn well for themselves.

Palpatine lead would be optimum and his stuns would work similar to what you're looking to get out Boba Fett's AB (guessing) so I would replace him...

Thanks for the reply. I have a palp at 5 stars atm but my rebel team is complete. Shame about boba but if he's gotta go he's gotta go. Would you say DT is defo viable, his kit looks pretty sweet
  • Options
    @SamDSC It isn't that Boba Fett has to go, because he is one of the most useful characters in the game and really tough in Arena, too. It is that with Palpatine as lead, Vader and the rest of the Empire characters you have all of the makings of a strong combination without excluding one character from the "synergy." Most players like/loath Palpatine for his mass shock/stun, which is just (if not more) effective than Boba's mass ability block...

I realize that Boba Fett brings plenty more to the table than just the AB.... If it were me, I would want to replace him with an Empire or Sith to take advantage of what Palpatine adds to those factions. I can not say for sure how DT or Krennic would preform with the others, because never used them.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Honestly, if you want a useful dark side tank, you absolutely need to get Sith Trooper. He's useful under an EP, Zaul or Zihilus lead. He's basically a combo of Shoretrooper and RG that gets stronger as your Sith toons use their special abilities. He's especially good under a DN lead because he also benefits from health drain which makes him virtually invincible if you can somehow up his speed as well. I use a team of DN lead (even tho I have Zaul), Dooku, ST, SA and EP and it's one annoying team.
  • SamDSC
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Honestly, if you want a useful dark side tank, you absolutely need to get Sith Trooper. He's useful under an EP, Zaul or Zihilus lead. He's basically a combo of Shoretrooper and RG that gets stronger as your Sith toons use their special abilities. He's especially good under a DN lead because he also benefits from health drain which makes him virtually invincible if you can somehow up his speed as well. I use a team of DN lead (even tho I have Zaul), Dooku, ST, SA and EP and it's one annoying team.

Solid team. Is sith assassin any good? Haven't heard much about her
  • Options
    @SamDSC It isn't that Boba Fett has to go, because he is one of the most useful characters in the game and really tough in Arena, too. It is that with Palpatine as lead, Vader and the rest of the Empire characters you have all of the makings of a strong combination without excluding one character from the "synergy." Most players like/loath Palpatine for his mass shock/stun, which is just (if not more) effective than Boba's mass ability block...

I realize that Boba Fett brings plenty more to the table than just the AB.... If it were me, I would want to replace him with an Empire or Sith to take advantage of what Palpatine adds to those factions. I can not say for sure how DT or Krennic would preform with the others, because never used them.

Yeah I understand the importance of synergy especially in arena. I think you're right, palpy is the way to go