Maul lead

Sorry if there is a thread on this already.

When it comes to the arena I usually place top 25 on a regular. However, my top 10 are Maul lead heavy. Every time I have fought a maul led team the evasion is WAY higher than the description. In essence, that whole team nearly evades everything. I cannot break top 10 with the amount of evasions that happen.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Use accuracy arrows.
  • Options
    I would assume the accuracy arrows help but the team nearly evading more than 70% of the match is absurd.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma lead!! Get all those extra possible attacks you can get!!
    Or use maul yourself to counter it. Remember; the good rng will be on your side if your on defense
  • Options
    @scuba , I have a stock pile of accuracy arrows from mod challenges that I haven't bothered with. How big of a difference do they make in your opinion?
  • Options
    What is your team? I'd say improving your team comp is more important than putting on accuracy arrows (at the cost of 30 speed).
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba , I have a stock pile of accuracy arrows from mod challenges that I haven't bothered with. How big of a difference do they make in your opinion?

12% accuracy vs 20% evasion. Takes away more than half of the evasion bonus, but you will sacrifice speed. I'd recommend using a Rex lead w/ B2. Rex lead will push your team to 100% TM as long as Maul isn't the first one to go, and B2 can dispel the stealth and apply Buff Immunity. You probably still want speed arrows and most of your team, but put one on B2 (he doesn't need speed he gets lots of TM) and maybe one or two others that you really need to land attacks.
  • Options
    +1 to Vertigo's answer. I use zMaul as my arena lead and I HATE going up against Rex lead.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    +1 to Vertigo's answer. I use zMaul as my arena lead and I HATE going up against Rex lead.

Same lol. Been thinking about moving mods around to get Maul to go first for AOE daze, but then I'd be losing to all the other Maul teams on my shard as they'd hit me hard and fast with SA and/or EP + Nihilus. And then theres the GK/Baze/Zarriss/Nihilus team that gives us all hell haha.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba , I have a stock pile of accuracy arrows from mod challenges that I haven't bothered with. How big of a difference do they make in your opinion?

as @Vertigo said the evasion is reduced greatly.
    It is hard to pull the trigger on dropping speed arrow for accuracy arrow with maybe a 3-5 speed secondary. But speed doesn't matter when attacks aren't landing.

I am running the full R1 squad and it was a hit or miss depending on how the RNG wanted to go if it was a win or loss.

I have since put accuracy on Chirrut, Cassian, Baze and K2 and has made a huge difference. every so often I might loose but it is very very rare.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    scuba , I have a stock pile of accuracy arrows from mod challenges that I haven't bothered with. How big of a difference do they make in your opinion?

as @Vertigo said the evasion is reduced greatly.
    It is hard to pull the trigger on dropping speed arrow for accuracy arrow with maybe a 3-5 speed secondary. But speed doesn't matter when attacks aren't landing.

I am running the full R1 squad and it was a hit or miss depending on how the RNG wanted to go if it was a win or loss.

I have since put accuracy on Chirrut, Cassian, Baze and K2 and has made a huge difference. every so often I might loose but it is very very rare.

Even on Chirrut... wow, that must've been a rough one to swap out. Who do you give the 100% TM bonus to when you use Jyn's AOE to start? Chirrut or Cassian? (The AI of the full R1 team on my shard always picks Cassian for the 100% TM.)
  • Options
    @Vertigo
    @scuba

Thanks guys! And you segued into my next issue was taking the speed mods off. But vertigo illustrated very clearly: pop an accuracy arrow on B2. Great idea.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

as Vertigo said the evasion is reduced greatly.

Even on Chirrut... wow, that must've been a rough one to swap out. Who do you give the 100% TM bonus to when you use Jyn's AOE to start? Chirrut or Cassian? (The AI of the full R1 team on my shard always picks Cassian for the 100% TM.)

All depends who is stunned and or has daze. many times I use her truncheon strike first.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo
    scuba

Thanks guys! And you segued into my next issue was taking the speed mods off. But vertigo illustrated very clearly: pop an accuracy arrow on B2. Great idea.

Yes accuracy arrow on b2 along with as little CC as possible.
    You want him dispelling and landing evasion down every where he can.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

as Vertigo said the evasion is reduced greatly.

All depends who is stunned and or has daze. many times I use her truncheon strike first.

Ah true, using that can get the second wave going real quickly and stun some potential threats.
  • Options
    Man, great advice. I will have to try these ideas. You guys are awesome. It's very annoying to watch my team miss multiple times.
  • Options

They make no difference. 12% accuracy vs 20% evasion + base dodge. I've had B2 with accuracy mods get dodged on the attack you get when your attack is dodged.

ZMaul zeta giving Sith Allie 20% evasion is such an unbalanced abilities hat is REALLY spoiling the enjoy of arena.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Gavstar wrote: »

They make no difference. 12% accuracy vs 20% evasion + base dodge. I've had B2 with accuracy mods get dodged on the attack you get when your attack is dodged.

ZMaul zeta giving Sith Allie 20% evasion is such an unbalanced abilities hat is REALLY spoiling the enjoy of arena.

If you think so then don't use them. I have seen them as useful. Do dodges still happen yes, not as often as they did. I was probably 50-50 or worse without them. Since adding them I have lost once vs zeta maul lead in probably the last 15 days or so.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

If you think so then don't use them. I have seen them as useful. Do dodges still happen yes, not as often as they did. I was probably 50-50 or worse without them. Since adding them I have lost once vs zeta maul lead in probably the last 15 days or so.

Yeah, we never said they fixed everything. You're still going to get evaded, but it won't be as much as before, and not all of your characters needed to be loaded up with speed, especially if all of the sith on the Maul team go before your team anyways.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, we never said they fixed everything. You're still going to get evaded, but it won't be as much as before, and not all of your characters needed to be loaded up with speed, especially if all of the sith on the Maul team go before your team anyways.

That is what let me decide to go with accuracy. I can't out speed them.