Mods - Has offense become better than crit chance/crit dmg?

In the past I've always heard people say that mods with crit chance and crit dmg is much better than offense. But I'm wondering whether now, with Maul's zetaed Dancing Shadows ability being meta, and also Barriss Offee's zetaed Swift Recovery ability, whether it would be better to focus on mods that increase offense rather than critical chance/dmg.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    This depends. Straight offense is always a guaranteed range of damage. Critting isn't ever guaranteed, unless under Advantage. You have to weigh what is more likely the best option, especially for raiding. Do some basic math and you'll find whether 180% or 186% or 216% crit damage is worth it for whatever crit chance % you may be able to muster.

In the case of EP, I like him best with Offense. For Team Zilly, you'd want your Siths to have Offense mods under his lead, since they can't crit. For Zlones, you'd want Crit Damage and Chance mods with high Offense secondaries. Under Wedge lead, Rebels can be stacked with Crit Damage and chance, since they'll automatically get Offense boosts (best of both worlds, especially Lando's DD).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    It's a little more balanced but crit mods still get the edge imo