How good is chirrut solo?

So, assuming it takes a really long time to farm baze on his solo hard node, if one farms chirrut when he shows up in fleet shipments, you'd have have chirrut long before baze. Is he worth using in a team without baze, and if so what stars is he viable at?
You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?

Replies

• ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options
    +1 bump, I really wanna know too!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Too squishy, have no assist and counter attack. There are many variants much better... like Rex, for example.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    I've tried chirrut solo, not great
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He needs the health boost + protection that baze provides. Baze can be run on his own but not Chirrut
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Not that great unless with jyn lead zeta and other r1
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Since I'm really curious about this too, I have to ask...how good is Chirrut with a full rogue one team (that doesn't have Baze) ?
  • Guardian_1091
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What happens if i use shore + chirrut till i farm Baze in a Rex lead? Will chirrut be viable at 3 stars?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't understand why many seem to think they need to fully farm Baze. Is he better at 7* then 3* sure. Is he usable at 3* yes.
    He is one of the harder farms of the group but is one of the ones that doesn't need to be 7* to work. 1-2months of farming his hn and with gear you have a usable Baze. It will probably take that same amount of time if not more to farm all the gear omega and zeta needed for the team. The entire team is gear hogs.

To the main question chirrut benefits greatly from the health gain from Baze along with Baze auto taunt.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't understand why many seem to think they need to fully farm Baze. Is he better at 7* then 3* sure. Is he usable at 3* yes.
    He is one of the harder farms of the group but is one of the ones that doesn't need to be 7* to work. 1-2months of farming his hn and with gear you have a usable Baze. It will probably take that same amount of time if not more to farm all the gear omega and zeta needed for the team. The entire team is gear hogs.

To the main question chirrut benefits greatly from the health gain from Baze along with Baze auto taunt.

Scuba really nailed it here.

Pretty much the only way Chirrut may (and that's a big may, I'm not really willing to try tbh) work without Baze is if you have Zeta Jyn, and being in slot 1 of guild shipments she's gonna be a long farm too (I've seen her once since they put her in).

If you wanna farm R1 be aware of several things:
    1: They are a great team, but
    2: They're not unbeatable as some forumers would have you believe
    3: As Scuba said, the gear grind is real
    4: Baze, Jyn, and Chirrut are all going to be long farms (though again, Baze is very usable at 3*)
    5: They need multiple Zeta's to truly be top tier arena worthy

And finally with relevance to the OP

6: They are all very interdependent. Not like pheonix tier interdependent, but as close as it gets in the current meta. Chirrut really needs Baze, and Jyn lead only really shines with Cassian, who in turn is better with K2.

If all that still sounds like a fun challenge to you, have at it, I really love this squad. If that sounds like too much however, think on it before you go all in.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    At the rate Chirrut shows up in shipments, you can probably farm Baze from hard faster.

Vinniarth is right that there's no assist, obviously, but he DOES have counterattack. In gact, he's the one who shares it with Baze (aside from retribution).

Chirrut will greatly increase the survivability of any rebel tank, moreso under zeya Jyn lead. However, while this can be great for GW, in arena where your enemies are faster and you don't have preloaded tm, you might find yourself vulnerable without Baze's pretaunt.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Scuba really nailed it here.

Pretty much the only way Chirrut may (and that's a big may, I'm not really willing to try tbh) work without Baze is if you have Zeta Jyn, and being in slot 1 of guild shipments she's gonna be a long farm too (I've seen her once since they put her in).

If you wanna farm R1 be aware of several things:
    1: They are a great team, but
    2: They're not unbeatable as some forumers would have you believe
    3: As Scuba said, the gear grind is real
    4: Baze, Jyn, and Chirrut are all going to be long farms (though again, Baze is very usable at 3*)
    5: They need multiple Zeta's to truly be top tier arena worthy

And finally with relevance to the OP

6: They are all very interdependent. Not like pheonix tier interdependent, but as close as it gets in the current meta. Chirrut really needs Baze, and Jyn lead only really shines with Cassian, who in turn is better with K2.

If all that still sounds like a fun challenge to you, have at it, I really love this squad. If that sounds like too much however, think on it before you go all in.

I have been running them for a while and they are definitely beatable on defense. Every once and a while I will hear about a good defensive stand by them but not very often.
  • Options
    Cassian isn't horrible to gear.