Zeta Maul on Node 6 of GW?

Seriously?

I just got destroyed on Node 6 of GW by the following team (all 7* Gear XI):

Darth Maul - Zeta leader
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Boba Fett
Super Battle Droid

This is a team I would expect to see on one of the last 2 nodes of GW, not node 6.

My arena team isn't even a very high rank. I'm currently 232 and my arena power is 47,262.

Replies

• Options
    ya woke up on the wrong side of bed today
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I had the exact same thing happen the other day, took in my zmaul team, they started getting wiped out so I retreated, lost 3 other full teams before putting my maul squad back in to finish them off. It was a bit ridiculous having to fave a team like that on node 6 but I was able to get past it and finish gw that day. It's pretty bad when node 6 is harder than 11 and 12 combined.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Arena rank has nothing to do with it.

It's the combined power of your top 5 toons (used in arena or not) That determine the power of the teams you will face.

You just had bad RNG.
  • Options
    One of my guild mates had a Zaul team for his node 6 today. I was smooth sailing until node 11. Zeta QGJ with JKA, Yoda, Anakin, and Aayla. Then node 12 was Zader, Death Trooper, GK, Director Krennick, and Shoretrooper.
  • Options
    I had a node 6 zaul today as well, a little Rex lead and sth tm trickery sailed through
  • Options
    What about a full zeta FO squad on node 9? I had to face it about 2 days ago. I mean I have only Zader not even G11 (I have total of 3 G11 toons). What combination of 5 best toons we are talking about? I didn't finish GW that day, for the record. I noticed horrible change of difficulty in GW that started like 1 week ago. Last few months I was able to finish GW 99% of the time, then I didn't finish nod12 last 5 days.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    everyone is going to face more zeta teams earlier in GW.
    More and more players are zeta-ing their toons, so zeta's will be more common. Zeta don't influence the power rating, so for all GW matchmaking purposes a zeta maul team is exactly the same as a regular maul team.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    Arena rank has nothing to do with it.

It's the combined power of your top 5 toons (used in arena or not) That determine the power of the teams you will face.

You just had bad RNG.

Its based on the max power of the team that you've fielded in arena and won a match with. You can view your max power under Guild home screen. As you start to ramp your max arena power the nodes start to change as each seems to do a power offset to your max power work out what team to give you. Some of the nodes 'break' as you ramp the power i.e. comedy teams. A few of us have trialed the impact up to around 57k max arena power. At that level you generally need to find some friendly shard people to field a simple team, as you need to win the match to update your max arena power score.

Xio