Biggs X-Wing - Help

Hi have been in the top 20 on Fleet Arena for quite some time now with little effort - I haven't even had to do all 5 battles each day to stay there. The last few days however I am really struggling and my win % has plummeted. I can only attribute it to Biggs - Literally everyone appears to be now using Biggs seen as his unique actually works properly - But to me it seems rediculous.

If I see Biggs in an enemy team, I will usually target him first and try and take him out - Is this the best way to go? Should you target him first?

The problem is, is that he regains so much protection, that I literally seem to spend my time trying to kill him whilst the other ships in the enemy team simply weaken my squad.I just had a battle where I had already killed 2x enemy ships and Biggs showed as a reinforcement - I started pumelling him, and the other ships got 3x target locks in a row which meant I had to effectively take away his protection 2x - Once that hapened, my own ships were ****.

I have the following:

- Tarkin Fleet Commander 5* L77 (g8 char L80)
- Rex Arc Fighter 4* L80 (g10 char L83)
- Fives Umbaran 5* L74 (g9 char L83)
- Geo Soldier 5* L81 (g9 char L83)
- Tie Fighter 5* L80 (g9 char L83)
- Jedi Consular 5* L71 (g8 char L80)

Reinforcements:

- First Order Tie 5* L80 (g8 char L80)
- Clone Sergeant 4* L61 (g8 char L70)
- Geo Spy - ****

I am currently working on levelling up Fives and Consular, and am 50/80 for Slave I.

What is the best way to fight Biggs? Is there any advice you could give me?

Thanks

SWGoH - TurgonGW
Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!

Replies

• Options
    You just need to concentrate fire on him initially because he is basically a self healing ship if you don't kill him right away. I would have heavily raised your JC such that you deliver a special with your strongest unit for heavy damage. I would also pray for the same to happen with GS.

Ultimately, I would like you to consider adding Biggs to ur lineup as Biggs remains the best unit in the game when combined with target lock units.
  • Options
    Currently Biggs is bugged where:

Getting target lock on an enemy's reinforcement gives him 3x protection

And/or

Vader's target lock refresh gives him multiple protection boost

Unless you have your own Biggs it's really hard to beat him. Some people say Daze helps but Ackbar will always wipe it.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    I target Biggs first. Always. He can singlehandedly ruin a match.
  • Options
    from an enemy of mine i learned that the best thing to do is tie advance and fives. With for ever staying TL fives always dispells him on basic. Other dispellers are ur friends. In general Biggs in the right fleep and used correctly is can not be killed. Than again AI is far from perfect and does more wrong then right.
  • Options
    mnogokuh22 wrote: »
    from an enemy of mine i learned that the best thing to do is tie advance and fives. With for ever staying TL fives always dispells him on basic. Other dispellers are ur friends. In general Biggs in the right fleep and used correctly is can not be killed. Than again AI is far from perfect and does more wrong then right.

Sadly my fleet was not very strong when the Tie Advanced event was running therefore I only got 15 shards I think, and whats more annoying is that I have a g9 L83 vader waiting haha!

Is it worth investing in Ashoka for the dispel?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Options
    It is ofcourse. She can help you. Depends how much TL the enemy is runing (TL and Scimitar) if he has 4-5 targetlock ships ashoka may not be enough. I think the most consistant is 5s (as he is extremely fast) and targetlocks on biggs so you can always dispel him. Also TFP ability block would help ;) Problem is you can use it first in turn 2 (unless you make your Fives just hint faster and use ur target lock on biggs).
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    it isn't really available yet but kylo ren's shuttle inflicts healing immunity, which was buffed to prevent protection recovery when the ship was released, so that would keep ****'s ship from recovering
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If the opponent is running Mace you can toy around with an attack or two on other ships to trick the computer to using the special on someone other than Biggs so he doesn't get protection from crits while you work on him. Even better if you can get Mace to use it AFTER their maul uses his special, it should pop them out of stealth.

In Ackbars case you WANT ackbar to heal Biggs, so he doesn't get advantage and automatic crits and TL.

Basically right now you just gotta fight biggs with biggs. 5s can work but that is a lot of waiting for a very short window as your opponent probably has 3-4 TL capable ships as well to re-enable the taunt. 5s is a great ship anyways though.

What I do is I run Biggs and SunFac if the opposing team has Maul in their starting lineup. One tank will get taken out, it is replaced by maul and the other gets retribution from maul. Most battles my maul comes out after their stealth is wearing off.

If they don't have maul in starting line up, I put in my maul instead of SF. Usually this will spread the damage about depending how RNG favors the TL and their Biggs. Worst case scenario is biggs getting taken out right away without to many TLs and replaced by Maul and his stealth/retribution.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I always target Biggs right away.

There is more than just a bug with his protection being over regenerated from target lock. Occasionally he will regenerate protection for no reason whatsoever. No consular, No Rex, no target locks up on my team, no commander ability used...

My guess is that the reinforcement "target lock" bug is really just a reinforcement bug, and that he regenerates protection whenever one of your reinforcements takes a turn.

So my strategy in taking him down (if I can manage it) is to use my full Republic Fleet (Plo Koon, Fives, Consular, Clone Sergeant, & Rex starting; Ahsoka, Boba Fett & GeoSol as backups, Mace lead) because I can mitigate damage like mad in between consular, mace, plo and Rex (especially Rex, he's almost not worth running if you don't have a full Mace led Republic fleet, he restores tm and protection every turn in that setup), which will usually keep me from needing to reinforce, which means that Biggs doesn't bug out, and I can wear him down after a few minutes even in a target locking vader group. Vader really does a number on that damage mitigation though. Any group without Biggs or Biggs/Vader is easy. (Which means mine is easy I am sure)
  • Options
    The times I've lost my Biggs is either when I have a lot of debuffs stacked on and Wedge one shots me, or when Resistance Pilot keeps applying expose on Biggs making him more susceptible to burst damage
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

And/or

Unless you have your own Biggs it's really hard to beat him. Some people say Daze helps but Ackbar will always wipe it.

The current iteration of the Biggs bug is such that he only gains extra protection after the enemy has called in a reinforcement, at which point he gains double protection on every TL (not just a Vader unique refresh or a TL on a reinforcement). Calling in a second reinforcement will grant him triple protection recovery on every reinforcement.

Until this bug is fixed, you have to focus down Biggs so that you can bring in reinforcements; conversely, avoid calling in a reinforcement while Biggs is still alive. You will only activate the bug and make him stronger than he really is. Without the bug he's actually pretty easy to burn down, even when he's backed by a TL team.
  • Options
    I am not going to transfer the discussion with mageduckey from discourd here cause there is no point. Besides I think that difference of opinion is the beauty in game and in life as long as one have respect for the opinion of the opponent. But as you will experience yourself this is the hardest ship in game to kill (of course with the right set up), as even without the bug he gains 50% protection with 35% regeneration on crit by every counter not even considering the tl protection regeneration from all the other ships. Oh yes, protection up stacks, this means that he can have 50% more from ackbar and 50% from JC or Scimitar. Yep... you have to kill 200% protection that regenerate like crazy by turns from both yours and the enemies fleet. But yes, try raw dmg against biggs. And than if it doesnt work try to work around/prevent his insane protection re-/generation. From my own experience the hardest composition to over come is tie advance and fives, as fives dispels on his basic and tie advance assures that tl sticks on Biggs. Biggs is beatable as AI is sometimes beyond stupid (for example if you have forsight the ai will go after this ship guaranteeing not to apply tl). Use AI weaknesses. Regardless if you go for raw damage or dispeller I wish you success.

Ps. I have no maxed out FOTF on my shard. So I probably I am wrong. I just wonder if this biggs is easy to burn down what is difficult. I hope I will never have to find out ;)
  • Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    JinSaotome wrote: »

And/or

The current iteration of the Biggs bug is such that he only gains extra protection after the enemy has called in a reinforcement, at which point he gains double protection on every TL (not just a Vader unique refresh or a TL on a reinforcement). Calling in a second reinforcement will grant him triple protection recovery on every reinforcement.

Until this bug is fixed, you have to focus down Biggs so that you can bring in reinforcements; conversely, avoid calling in a reinforcement while Biggs is still alive. You will only activate the bug and make him stronger than he really is. Without the bug he's actually pretty easy to burn down, even when he's backed by a TL team.
    There's more to it than that I think. Having heard of the TL bug on Biggs's ship, I was paying extremely close attention to his protection regeneration, and more than once I have seen him regenerate protection with no possible explanation (No Rex, no Consular, No target locks on anyone on my side of the field, no commander ability used). I think the reinforcement bonus protection triggers whenever a reinforcement takes a turn, but I haven't verified that yet. I will when I fight in fleet tonight.