Minimum power/stats for 5* Tarkin Ship Challenge (for the Zeta challenge)

Title says it all. Those that are doing the zeta challenges, what would you say is the minimum requirement for the Tarkin challenge needed to get him to 5* in order to start the zeta challenge?

I don't want to waste more materials than necessary basically on my dark side ships.

Currently have:

Slave I (14394 power)
Sun Fac (8549 power)
ITF (8400 power)
Geo fighter (8276)
and I'm a few shards off 4* FOTF (5000 power)

I'm hoping Slave and Sun Fac will mostly carry it, but how much will I need to boost the others?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    You have an unlimited amount of free attempts. Just try it out and then improve your fleet little by little between attempts until it's strong enough. Remember that also crew level, crew mods, crew gear and crew skill ranks count as well as ship level and skill ranks.
  • Options
    I had my dark side ships all level 75. The 3 Geonosians, Slave 1, and ITF.
    Sun Fac and Slave 1 were 4 star, the others were 5 star. Pilots were all 5 star g8 level 65 with level 3 abilities and any old mods thrown on but not leveled. GeoSol was g9, Boba was g9 and 6 star. I had tried it two days before with everything else the same except Tarkin's ship was 72, and failed miserably on numerous attempts. Since I actually run a light side fleet, once I 5 starred his challenge I immediately 3 starred the ability mats challenge.

I beat it pretty much as soon as I possibly could have. When you figure the event unlocks at 78, I wouldn't expect to beat it with ships very many levels below that...
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Here is what I used:
    -7* gear 7 Tarkin leveled up to 85 (ship was level 55 with level 1 abilities)

-7* level 85 gear 11 TFP (5* level 80 ship)

-5* level 85 gear 8 Geo Soldier (5* level 80 ship)

-7* level 85 gear 10 Sun Fac (5* level 80 ship)

-7* level 85 gear 10 Boba Fett (5* Slave 1 level 80)

-3* level 1 FOTFP (5* level 75 ship)

It took me a few tries to get good RNG but I eventually got it at 3*. If you lose a ship be sure to retreat and start over! Eventually will be in your favor.
  • Options
    I had just unlocked Slave I when I did it, and at the time several dark side ships were barely over minimum requirement (my ITF and Geo Spy are still sitting at 4* lvl 50). With your SI as strong as it is you're probably good to go or very close to it.

If you have trouble just drop a few resources step by step, because as @Waqui said, you have unlimited attempts.
  • Options
    madquills wrote: »
    Title says it all. Those that are doing the zeta challenges, what would you say is the minimum requirement for the Tarkin challenge needed to get him to 5* in order to start the zeta challenge?

I don't want to waste more materials than necessary basically on my dark side ships.

Currently have:

Slave I (14394 power)
    Sun Fac (8549 power)
    ITF (8400 power)
    Geo fighter (8276)
    and I'm a few shards off 4* FOTF (5000 power)

I'm hoping Slave and Sun Fac will mostly carry it, but how much will I need to boost the others?

Type in "Tarkin challenge" in the search bar. I posed the question a week ago. A poster gave me good advice that helped me. I was in the same position as you not wanting to gear unwanted toons more than necessary. I posted what I attempted it with and I beat it the second day. Failed in numerous attempts Sunday, but beat it Monday. I don't remember my ship powers, but they weren't very high. All my pilots were either G7 or G8 except for Boba at G9. It was tough because I had no reinforcements.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Beating it was not too hard... 3* for auto-sims was another story... sun-fac should be okay, but keep biggs outta the lineup...