Where is Han Solo?

Recently we started doing some Heroic rancor and are starting to collect some Han Solo shards.

I know there must be thousands of people who have him at 7 star, but I have never, not once, seen him in Galactic War or Arena. However, I see General Kenobi all the time.

Did they really drop the ball on designing him and make him a horrible character? They must hate him to do that. They also gave away his ship!

Replies

• Options
    Yes he's pretty horrible. His only use is really against Droid teams to stun a fast Jawa Engineer... and you don't really see droid teams anymore.

Some people use him for P4 AAT but you can easily use others.
  • Options
    Not bad in credit heist, and can be useful in Galactic War if you need to stun a key character right away. He also might be good with an evasion lead, since one of his specials grants evasion up. But yeah, I don't use him all that much. I use him in P4 of AAT only because he's my 5th Rebel and I don't have Lando.

Maybe they'll give him a Wiggs-like synergy with ZChewy :)
  • Options
    He's like a lot of the toons released prior to mods, reworks & updates...he's pretty much obsolete. I'd imagine he'd get a slight rework if they ever release his falcon and a rebel chewy with synergy. Seeing that a lot of the new toons have abilities where you pick the ally that gets a buff or whatever, I could see then allowing you to pick who he shoots first.
  • Options
    He's like a lot of the toons released prior to mods, reworks & updates...he's pretty much obsolete. I'd imagine he'd get a slight rework if they ever release his falcon and a rebel chewy with synergy. Seeing that a lot of the new toons have abilities where you pick the ally that gets a buff or whatever, I could see then allowing you to pick who he shoots first.

You can pick who he shoots first. A rework should at least allow him to bypass taunts, prevent evasion on the first shot and remove all buffs on first shot.
  • Options
    He was already kinda useless before, but as soon as Shoretrooper and Baze turned up, he became completely obsolete. I mean I guess if you had no one else to use and you really wanted someone who could stun super fast lead-off toons like TFP or SA... But yeah, especially in arena, nobody uses him.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    He was decent for a while under Wedge lead. Wiggs Lando STH Raid Han was probably the strongest rebel lineup for a while until Shore came out.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    He was decent for a while under Wedge lead. Wiggs Lando STH Raid Han was probably the strongest rebel lineup for a while until Shore came out.

This. By the time I got my 7*, he had become irrelevant - thanks, Shoretrooper.
  • Options
    There was one guy on my shard in the top 50 who I saw run him still up until a week or two ago. I use him a lot in gw and AAT p4 just because it's han and he is fun to use but sadly he's underwhelming.
  • Options
    Sandybard wrote: »
    He was already kinda useless before, but as soon as Shoretrooper and Baze turned up, he became completely obsolete. I mean I guess if you had no one else to use and you really wanted someone who could stun super fast lead-off toons like TFP or SA... But yeah, especially in arena, nobody uses him.

Wouldn't even work against sa in zaul teams since she would be stealthed unless it was a full sith team
  • Options
    pretaunting killed any viability he had
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo killed him buddy... Sorry to bring the bad news...
  • Options
    I never leave him in my arena team for any length of time but I will use him situationally to outspeed someone crazy fast.

Except for Baze, no one runs pretaunts on my shard anymore. It's all about Darth Checkerboard and 3-4 Sith lackies.

If they are SITH with SA I will use him with an acccuracy mod to stun her before
    all the crazy TM gains can happen.

But yeah, he's no good in arena especially on defense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Kylo killed him buddy... Sorry to bring the bad news...

Too soon, too soon....
  • Options
    Phase 4 of the tank is his home.
  • Options
    Han solo is fantastic. He gets me a zero faster than cad does.
  • Options

lol, it is kind of fun using to him to get a zero in Heroic Pit.

Mine is G10 now so he takes too long to die.

I use my 7* Mace. He doesn't even get a chance to move.
  • Options
    @Galdin_Wan lol!

I also have a 7* tuskin who has mastered the art of the zero.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I use my han as 5th in my DN lead Maul EP Vader for GW. He usually survives until node 9 or so and really helps stun 1 danger toon. Otherwise he is obsolete.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Why isn't raid Han and zaul a thing?
  • Options
    Credit Heist use maybe?
  • Options
    Uhnaught is better than han solo
  • Options
    He saved my butt a few times in the pre Shoretrooper days.

Now I use him in gw for fun, and in p4 when I have time to throw all my toons at it
  • Options
    He is basically a participation trophy for heroic rancor.
  • Options
    For 3-4 months he was very useful in arena, that was before Shoretropper and Baze, showed up. Now he has gone to the bench. Han on the whole was fun to use at the time.
    At one time he was a great counter against speed mods also but now he's pretty irreverent.
  • Options
    He's a great example of a toon that can really benefit from a zeta. Start off first couple of moves stealthed, meaning he can stun anyone and won't be popped right away so he can give everyone crit chance and evasion up
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    haha ... Cad Bane, IMO, is one of the most underestimated chars in game.

My Zero-Hero is Savage ... only bc he is still level 1 :)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    I use han when I need a single toon to eat a blast from the top cannon. At least he gets to shoot first, right?
  • Options
    He is useful on the bench
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    certainly not the best choice in arena right now, but an above average character nontheless.
    For some forum users there is not inbetween, either the character sucks big time or he is viable in top tier arena. Any character that has been meta at one point or another is now referred to as a bad character, only used by inferior players. Fact of the matter is, characters like wiggs and rey are still great characters, no matter what anyone says about them. Raid Han certainly fits that describtion, great character but not really suitable for arena currently. You can still make it work with him on your team though, if you want to.
    Save water, drink champagne!