The Poe problem (With Arena videos Fixed)

2Next

Replies

• Options
    @Qeltar, I get why you're tired now.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    2 arena matches today
    2 times opponent went first
    2 victories for me
    Great sample size.
    It's nice to see that it's possible to win vs a Poe team if you also have Poe, but I don't think that was ever in question.
  • Options
    2 arena matches today
    2 victories for me

Poe builds are beatable whether or not you use Poe yourself. On Defense not having him these days is a liability, on offense though frankly I don't give a rats you know what whose Poe goes first. Sure it is much easier if mine does. If theirs does, oh well I say suck it up buttercup and Vape that annoying SOB then go at their squad with a vengeance so fierce they sing about it from the outer Rim to Middle earth(Yes I just crossed fantasy lands) Sometimes I die trying, sometimes my vengeance is felt.

Well said.. I get the spot I want and throw Poe in for the last fight of the night to keep me from falling in the ranks. I know that people won;t fight a "Poe Team" because they have been reading that he is "unbeatable".

It's a weird dichotomy but I work it to the fullest. :D
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    if he gets first move it is GG 100% of the time.
    Get a better team?

I just got my Poe to VIII. My team just got 1000x better. /slight exaggeration
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What tradeoff? If everyone is running glass cannons, as you've said, they'd be fools not to also run Poe. Now that everyone's teams will be visible, he will be on 90%+ of teams.

You don't have to run glass cannons now, it's actually better not to. Without them you can survive their first round of attacks. I use a bulky aoe team and can win any game, whether their Poe goes first or not.

CG knows what they're doing, they have many characters in the works. I'm sure you'll complain incessantly about those too. Get over it.
    They ARE glass cannons because they are easily killed... UNLESS an overpowered taunter goes first, prevents you from attacking them, and even gives them extra turns. That's why Poe is busted.
    Rey is not a true glass cannon at all. And right now, even without poe, only glass cannons can punish glass cannons.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You don't have to run glass cannons now, it's actually better not to. Without them you can survive their first round of attacks. I use a bulky aoe team and can win any game, whether their Poe goes first or not.
    Yes, you "can" win any game. The question is how often.
    And don't bother bragging about how great your team is. At this point I don't believe much you have to offer.
    CG knows what they're doing, they have many characters in the works. I'm sure you'll complain incessantly about those too. Get over it.

I'll complain about whatever warrants complaint. The difference is, I will state my position clearly and rationally, and respond to reasonable counter-arguments. And you will continue to act like an asshat.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they ll revert the change that everyone can see your team in squad arena. Every team without Poe will be focused 24/7 ....
    Or decide to properly balance Poe. When you have a move that is better than any AoE in the game, simply because you can choose when to trigger the damage (either as burst with assist call on 1 target or massively with Aoe attack) the damage becomes unhealable....
    And on top of that, the character that does this aoe gets taunt!!
    And if that isnt enough, he reduces the turn meter of the enemy team!!! Its Ludicrous!!
    Imagine if he did his aoe expose damage during his turn, and if he didn't taunt and if he didn't reduce enemy turn meter...Then you have an skill like vader's AOE or sidious AOE or Ventress AOE or any other char with AOE. How come all these are balanced and Poe has an "I win" button?
  • Options
    I'll complain about whatever I want to. The difference is, I will state my position clearly and rationally, and respond to reasonable counter-arguments. And you will continue to act like an asshat.

Lmao. So salty.

I'll let you complain for 1,000 more posts about nothing without a correct understanding of game mechanics. ;)

• Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    2 arena matches today
    2 victories for me
    Great sample size.
    It's nice to see that it's possible to win vs a Poe team if you also have Poe, but I don't think that was ever in question.

"Sample size" Whhhhnaaaaat?

LOL..He was relating experience not running a statistical analysis. Good try.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'll let you complain for 1,000 more posts about nothing without a correct understanding of game mechanics. ;)
    Try actually making a reasonable argument (you know, just as a change of pace) and you might convince me.
    I tried, and you ignored it and went back to your childish flaming. So I'm guessing you don't actually have anything to offer.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Try actually making a reasonable argument (you know, just as a change of pace) and you might convince me.
    I tried, and you ignored it and went back to your childish flaming. So I'm guessing you don't actually have anything to offer.

lol u can just stop responding but u won't because u can't
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    2 arena matches today
    2 victories for me
    Great sample size.

"Sample size" Whhhhnaaaaat?

LOL..He was relating experience not running a statistical analysis. Good try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

lol u can just stop responding but u won't because u can't

You both cant. Lmao. Thanks for bumping this post tho devs need zo see this
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I use a bulky aoe team and can win any game, whether their Poe goes first or not.

Bulky aoe team that's completely useless on defense against enemy taunts. Even with your poe going first, I'll just have to survive your first wave of aoe and that's it. It's a 1hitkill fest for me. And idk bout you but I'll def win but it won't really be fun for me. Anyway you can stop talking now since you don't even want to talk about this issue and want people to "get over it". We will keep doing our thing. At the same time thanks for bumping up this post. Xoxo.

Ps I would like to apologize to the OP. Let's keep this on track. Devs, for your info
  • Options
    Foolish you are to resist me. Give in to the power of Poe or you will be exposed and destroyed before the first round.
  • Options
    Don't feed the troll brah
  • Krychek
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Foolish you are to resist me. Give in to the power of Poe or you will be exposed and destroyed before the first round.

:D