Ships are already quite boring and dull...

As it is basically like doing your 2nd arena battles of the day, but for God's sake... PLEASE do NOT put anything that is MOD related into them. If these hardware abilities are actually something that is closely related to how mods work, I am afraid a lot of people will quit, including me, because that just sounds like straight hell. It is already annoying as it is since there are only like 15 ships in the game, the other 5 or so buried between a massive pay gap (like falcon), or even nothing (like Vader ship, kylo ship, cassians ship, etc. We really need more diversity, starting with maybe the Separatists Capital ship, meaning Nute or Grevious as the leader, and once that is done, you can even rework lots of separatists, and whilst doing so add a Droideka or some others. A droideka would be freaking awesome to have in the game, and it would be very satisfying to actually be able to use grevious + nute in arena, as they have been trash for so long, and even having a droideka would just be awesome. I just really hope that if these hardware abilities are mod-related, that they are not released for at least another 4+ months, as I have no desire whatsoever to play ships with the already boring content they have. A ship raid would be quite cool, but again, you need MORE SHIPS.

Replies

• Options
    Think about when it was before the 4x speed QoL update.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ships are great. It's another battle venue for those that want it ... if you don't like it, then don't play it. For many of us who do, it's fun as well as a great source for zetas, shards, and character gear! And I absolutely hope they do add a ship version of mods, since that's what really varies things up and makes the squad comps truly unique and individualistic. If it was all based on the same gear and nothing else, everybody would eventually be absolutely identical and cookie-cutter matched (as toons were becoming prior to mods).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm super confused by your post. You don't want to farm hardware, but you do want more ships?
    personally i'm fine with the way ships are now, you can pretty much ignore them once you've 3starred the zeta challenge. I don't see myself getting excited about the fleet arena if they add more ships and/or hardware. I'll continue farming blue prints in GW though, since i'm convinced we're going to need a decent fleet somewhere down the line.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Ships are great. It's another battle venue for those that want it ... if you don't like it, then don't play it. For many of us who do, it's fun as well as a great source for zetas, shards, and character gear! And I absolutely hope they do add a ship version of mods, since that's what really varies things up and makes the squad comps truly unique and individualistic. If it was all based on the same gear and nothing else, everybody would eventually be absolutely identical and cookie-cutter matched (as toons were becoming prior to mods).

I can top my fleet arena on some days, but I will have to say this: I'm not very keen on having ship mods. If there are any ship mods, make it very minimal. I do note they already have an additional slot on all the ships for the equipping of something though, and IMO just ONE mod may just be alright if say it works like how they currently do for toons. It is already one heck of an investment just to pump one ship (you need 660 shards to max a character and a ship, plus the gear, plus the mods, plus the credits, plus the oh-so-scarce fleet currency). Now multiply that by 9 and add in the possible mods - impossible for any new players to actually catch up no?
  • Options

I can top my fleet arena on some days, but I will have to say this: I'm not very keen on having ship mods. If there are any ship mods, make it very minimal. I do note they already have an additional slot on all the ships for the equipping of something though, and IMO just ONE mod may just be alright if say it works like how they currently do for toons. It is already one heck of an investment just to pump one ship (you need 660 shards to max a character and a ship, plus the gear, plus the mods, plus the credits, plus the oh-so-scarce fleet currency). Now multiply that by 9 and add in the possible mods - impossible for any new players to actually catch up no?

The something is a droid (think R2D2 loaded into Luke's X-Wing). As far as getting ship shards, you DO still want to collect and level because of the upcoming ship's raids. When the raids will be dropped into game is up to the devs, but it IS coming in a future update. This is also why your fleet rank WILL matter as you will want to be as strong as possible when the ship's raids are put into game.