How to mod Rex

See above

Replies

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Speed...

If you're bold then some tenacity...

The rest falls in line... he's only there to cleanse/ buff for that first turn initiative.

... gotta make him fast and hope he doesn't get neutralized before his turn
  • Options
    I gave him six of the fastest health mods I had and got him to 171 speed. He works perfectly well.

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I have his speed up to 215. Protection is about 27k, and crit chance is 60%.

He's set up to work quickly under a Cody lead, get a crit to help reduce Cody's 212 cooldown, have a large pool of protection that refills on a basic, and otherwise use his specials as quickly as possible to grant tenacity and boost turn meter.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    Tenacity and speed.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. It seems like he needs to survive and not be ability blocked in order to use his cleanse.

With his leader ability, is maximum speed really the best way to go? Boba is 7 speed faster so you'll lose out with equal mods.

How would

Offense, speed, defense, health, health, tenacity work in the 6 slots with 3x tenacity sets.

Secondary stats focus on speed, health, tenacity, defense.

It seems like that would be fast enough (with the leader bonus), survivable enough, and hard to ability block.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing. It seems like he needs to survive and not be ability blocked in order to use his cleanse.

With his leader ability, is maximum speed really the best way to go? Boba is 7 speed faster so you'll lose out with equal mods.

How would

Offense, speed, defense, health, health, tenacity work in the 6 slots with 3x tenacity sets.

Secondary stats focus on speed, health, tenacity, defense.

It seems like that would be fast enough (with the leader bonus), survivable enough, and hard to ability block.

You're on the right track. Speed, tenacity, and survivability. So I'd give up your health primaries for protection if you're using him in the arena, as he is pretty squishy.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Why protection over health?
  • Options
    I use tenacity and speed. Got him up to 210 speed and 60 percent tenacity in in dec 16 shard. I'm usually top 5.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »
    Why protection over health?

Because you get more overall survivability. 23.5% protection vs ~5% health.
    So if you use him mainly in arena(like me), you should go for protection.
    If you use him mostly in raids/gw, then health is a little more important because he can heal health.

And if you zeta cody, than it's no contest for protection.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't realize the protection mods had such a higher precent then health.
  • Options
    All Tenacity Mods for me on him, speed is 210 with protection at 29k. He is back up for Chirrut who is at 250 speed.
  • Options
    I don't bother with tenacity. Just speed. I have him at 235 -- second only to my Boba.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Speed to go early, and often. This is true no matter what. The second mod priority is protection to keep him alive, or if you run him with Zarriss like I do, health instead. Potency if you use him against the Rancor, and want his TM reduction to stick. (Not necessary if used with TFP) Tenacity can be good in arena if you can get it REALLY high, and your opponents are not bothering to mod potency. And under Cody lead, then crit chance to help the cooldown on 212th attack.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Speed to go early, and often. This is true no matter what. The second mod priority is protection to keep him alive, or if you run him with Zarriss like I do, health instead. Potency if you use him against the Rancor, and want his TM reduction to stick. (Not necessary if used with TFP) Tenacity can be good in arena if you can get it REALLY high, and your opponents are not bothering to mod potency. And under Cody lead, then crit chance to help the cooldown on 212th attack.
    +1, good breakdown man.

But I still use a lot of tenacity, even though he (and my SF with tenacity of 90%) still get debuffed, but at a lesser extent than my other toons- which has saved my butt plenty of times... still tenacity should be reworked.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    snarzenal wrote: »
    I gave him six of the fastest health mods I had and got him to 171 speed. He works perfectly well.

You need more speed.

I have my Rex at 222 speed and I've seen faster ones on my shard. Speed speed speed is what you need.