Magmatroopers Thermal Imploder bugged and doesn't ever crit

Taramel
601 posts Member
I have been running Magmatrooper under a Krennic lead and have noticed that his thermal imploder has never once ever crit. This means that he does not ever trigger the ablility block from krennics lead or the protection gain. @CG_Kozispoon

Replies

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    That's how Sid's basic used to be, ignoring armor means no crit.

Look for a 50% extra dmg, he might actually crit, the letters could just be white.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Supercat The numbers are all within a pretty tight range so I am not seeing any crits.... and if I am missing the crits than it is still broken as it is not triggering krennics ability block from his lead nor is it triggering the protection gain.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    As a side note I don't think I have ever seen it said anywhere by anyone from CG that ignoring armour means you can't crit. I have been lurking on these forums since day 1....
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    It appears that Magmatrooper is the unit which has the bug. With his special ability "Thermal Imploder" he doesn't seem to crit. Not to worry! This has been flagged as a bug and will be sent up to further review. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Q_Rock
    33 posts Member
    Options
    OMG...is that Taramel...

...of Mighty Chlorians 2 fame???

Ofc he would be the one able to spot this bug...that guy's a genius!
  • Options
    Some would say he is a living legend. But those people are locked up under evaluation.
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Juuuust realized a thing! Thermal Detonators AND Imploders avoid armor, so they are not allowed to Crit. So not a bug lolthisgameisn'tcomplicatedtokeeptrackof
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon soooooooooo if that's true why do Jawa engineer thermal detonator crit?
  • Options
    Jawa Engineers detonators crit often.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    Opening a can of worms here
  • Options
    Do cans of worms crit or not crit?
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    In my valiant efforts to suss out what the dealie-o, I've come to a shocking conclusion-
    Bugs-Bugs-Everywhere.jpg
    This has been flagged and sent up to our team to argue look over.

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Game.......blouses
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon it's awesome you have a sense of humor. Just doing my part to try and make the game awesome... not to make your life miserable.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Normally attacks that do % health damage are unmitigated and can't crit. As always there are exceptions and Thermal Detonators were never marked as unmitigated.

There are 2 ways in the game that characters can ignore defense
    1. Deal unmitigatable damage (can't crit)
    2. Make armor/resistance penetration 100% (this is similar to morale I in tank raid and damage can crit)

Magma trooper Thermal imploder is marked as unmitigatable damage and therefore can not crit.

Sid basic modifies his armor penetration and therefore can crit.

Dot's, expose, deathmark most all other % health effects except Thermal Detonators are marked as unmitigatable and can not crit.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Juuuust realized a thing! Thermal Detonators AND Imploders avoid armor, so they are not allowed to Crit. So not a bug lolthisgameisn'tcomplicatedtokeeptrackof
    Why can Sid's crit then?
    In my valiant efforts to suss out what the dealie-o, I've come to a shocking conclusion-
    Bugs-Bugs-Everywhere.jpg
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Can you argue look over why nihilus cooldown increase can't be resisted but TMR can?
    Also I've noticed ewoks dropping really far behind. Why don't you add "TM gain can't be prevented" to chirpa's leader, or as part of a zeta.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba but he did say that thermal detonators deal unmitigated dmg.... yet they can crit and by his last post it looks like they have some discussing to do at CG to determine how they want this to work.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Also not allowing them to crit really limits his use as I feel he would work very well under DK if they could be made like sid's basic
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Taramel
    Taramel wrote: »
    scuba but he did say that thermal detonators deal unmitigated dmg.... yet they can crit and by his last post it looks like they have some discussing to do at CG to determine how they want this to work.

Kozi also is having it reviewed because my guess (Big guess based on the posts by kozi), kozi was told that thermal detonators deal unmitigated damage but yet as everyone know thermal detonators do crit which goes against being unmitigated damage.
    Bugs-Bugs-Everywhere.jpg

It might have been intended for Thermal Detonators to be unmitigatable but based on the mechanics at swgoh.gg Thermal Detonators do not deal unmitigated damage.

The mechanics on swgoh.gg show how the mechanics are working not what they are intended work.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    Also not allowing them to crit really limits his use as I feel he would work very well under DK if they could be made like sid's basic

Agree. I think % health effects should stay unmitigated.

Magma trooper Thermal imploder should be changed to respond like sid basic.

Btw it is an assumption that sid basic crits with ignoring defense as I haven't tested it but mechanics show it as boosting armor penetration to 100% which is the same thing morale I in tank raid does.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

But why? I mean, he is super weak, his grenade deals like 2000 dmg, why he is not allowed to Crit? Why do you nerf him, Magma is pretty weak to begin with, you are not helping this guy
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I'm imagining they're going to change how it works. Honestly not sure how it was supposed work to begin with. It deals 0 damage, not literally of course, talking about on swgoh.gg it has no damage multiplier. This means it can't crit, be increased under Vader lead or with Offense up, can't be decreased with Offense Down either. A low set amount of damage to everything.

I'm hoping they'll either Change it into a real attack, so it can crit and deal a good amount of damage, or have it deal a percentage of damage instead. Have it work like thermal detonators, but instant damage rather than goes off in x turns. It'll make up for his low basic attack damage.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »
    I'm imagining they're going to change how it works. Honestly not sure how it was supposed work to begin with. It deals 0 damage, not literally of course, talking about on swgoh.gg it has no damage multiplier. This means it can't crit, be increased under Vader lead or with Offense up, can't be decreased with Offense Down either. A low set amount of damage to everything.

I'm hoping they'll either Change it into a real attack, so it can crit and deal a good amount of damage, or have it deal a percentage of damage instead. Have it work like thermal detonators, but instant damage rather than goes off in x turns. It'll make up for his low basic attack damage.

There is a damage multipler, look at the mechanics.
    Damage multipler is 1.035.

Tz7sUcQ.jpg

All though I don't know what stat is attacker unmitigated damage
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    The phone app version of swgoh.gg must give more details, but that can't be right. 103.5% after 6 damage upgrades? what did it start at to begin with? 50%? Whatever the case it needs to be changed. Change into a real attack so his offense stat can increase its damage, plus would be able to crit. Or change into something else entirely.

It's based off the thermal imploders from Battlefront, which were thermal detonators on steroids. Damage of thermals in the game, but without the wait time would fit.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »
    The phone app version of swgoh.gg must give more details, but that can't be right. 103.5% after 6 damage upgrades? what did it start at to begin with? 50%? Whatever the case it needs to be changed. Change into a real attack so his offense stat can increase its damage, plus would be able to crit. Or change into something else entirely.

It's based off the thermal imploders from Battlefront, which were thermal detonators on steroids. Damage of thermals in the game, but without the wait time would fit.

To see the 103 you have to go to the mechanics section.
    But agree any attack should deal damage and be able to crit. Only % health should be unmitigated and not crit.