If the Poe problem is that bad, would you leave a bad review for this game?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    @Johnnyudes
    In a mature server everyone is reaching the level cap, that means everyone is just as powerful as everyone else. So I'm at rank 101 now. Someone at rank 201 is just as powerful as me, soon someone at rank 501 will be just as powerful as me, soon someone at rank 1001 will be just as powerful as me etc.

You will keep falling down the ranks until the rewards tou get are very, very meager.

This will also affect Galactic War as everyone will be using Poe there,and if PVP Guild battles are announced it will make that exactly the same too.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    No
    What the heck?!?

You're threatening the Devs? New low........
  • Options
    No
    @cosmicturtle333

AI sucks any team can be targeted. My top 20 is highly competitive and highly active. I can rattle off every toon on every team in my top 10-possibly 20. I've lost to D without Poe using him. I know for a fact I on D beat teams that had Poe when I did not because they tried to ally with me after and found me here and we discussed it.

Poe makes D a lot better, makes offense a lot better, but can be beaten offense or defense. I sacrificed a lot testing that, being low ranked to do it to learn.

13961 Poe's health at max. Sure he taunts and TM expose, he hits like a pansy
    13947 FOTP health at max. can 1 hit any toon
    143 Reys speed Can 1 hit any toon

Honestly I'm more concerned with a toon with tank health that can 1 hit any toon in the game or one that can go first in the fight and 1 hit any toon.

I get it pair them with Poe equals you are at a major disadvantage. You can still win. I face almost daily in GW a team that is LVL 70 all 7* purple Phasma, FOTP, REy, Leia, Poe. Talk about pain. In arena that team would be lethal. There I agree your likely only chance is to Poe up yourself and hope for luck.

How about this no Poe

Sid as lead
    FOTP
    Leia
    Rey
    Geo

All maxed. Unless you are bringing in big guns with Poe you are dead. Poe will die immediately after he taunts. 4 of those toons at max level can 1 hit the dreaded Poe.

My point here is there are non cookie cutter ways to beat him. Pull Leia out put in Maxed 86 all F2P farmable toons.

Now I lack Maxed FOTP and don't have Rey just tossing that out there.

I'm happy to help anyone create a non cookie cutter team that can take on the dreaded Poe.
  • Options
    Yes
    @DarthMasterShawn
    This isn't about whether or not you can beat Poe. Because you can, I've done it too. This is about being targeted because you don't have Poe.

MHVr5z1h.jpg

At the moment I use Ahsoka lead, Asajj, Luminara, Talia, Daka.

The only thing I have going for me is the fear of the unknown. Some people might rather attack a Sidious lead instead of an Ahsoka lead because they might not know what is behind it.

I will soon be moving to Asajj, Talia, Daka, Acolyte, Initiate.

When someone sees my squad they will know that I am an easy target.

It doesn't matter how often I can successfully defend myself, it doesn't matter if the person attacking me has Poe or not.

The fact is, and this is a fact, I will be attacked more often than a team without Poe. Far more often. In three months time I doubt I'll be in the top 500 because I'll be attacked at least ten times a day if not more.

Then, because people without Poe are getting beaten they will get their own Poe. Then everyone will have Poe.

As far as your 'no Poe' team goes I don't want to use Sid or Geonosian Soldier or FOTP or whoever.

I'm not saying all characters should be equal, but most characters should be playable, because after the next update they won't be.
  • Options
    Yes
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    What the heck?!?

You're threatening the Devs? New low........

Who are you talking to?
  • Options
    No
    Some days I forget how freaking childish this community is.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    No
    My problem with Poe is purely aestetic. It's the character I related less with during the movie. And it's the only char I can't mive from my arena team. If Inhas a full assist team things would chance...talk to you in 3 months....
  • Options
    As has been mentioned, the Poe-centric strategy needed to excel in arena will cost the review of the game (and should). It, in effect, limits the experience of one aspect of the game.

Now, to be fair, there are many other experiences - GW, the LS & DS battles, Challenges and now, new events. But if the shift to catering strictly to P2P & P2W players continues (which is already the case in Arena and many suspect is the reason for the new Jedi events), then that also will reflect negatively on the game. When more and more of the game is only enjoyable for those who pay significant amounts, reviews will (and should) reflect that shortcoming.

Don't get me wrong - the devs should get paid for their work. My point is not that F2P players should have the same experience as paid players. But players that have paid a decent amount into an app ($10-$50) should be able to participate in AND enjoy a majority of the content - not be limited in their experiences and have entire aspects of the game virtually unplayable simply because they won't cough up $250+

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No
    @BentWookie
    Well that's because Poe is a problem. This is a fact.

This is complete crap. WHY Do you think they made Qui gon available for cantina shipments?????????????????????????????????????????? TO COUNTER POE.... I have taken off poe's taunt 9 out of every 10 times with a 3 star fully geared qui gon... It is not a fact it is opinion of being a noob.
  • Options
    Yes
    tjbear wrote: »
    @BentWookie

This is complete crap. WHY Do you think they made Qui gon available for cantina shipments?????????????????????????????????????????? TO COUNTER POE.... I have taken off poe's taunt 9 out of every 10 times with a 3 star fully geared qui gon... It is not a fact it is opinion of being a noob.

Once he has used his taunt it's too late. Read more posts here if you think I'm the only one saying this.

Half of your team is dead by the time you get your first move.
  • Options
    No
    I have spent 100's on this game, have invested countless hours of my life into. Will continue to play till its old stale broken and undervalued, why? Because balance issues are no poe'blem to a star wars nerd. I don't play this because of reviews balance or fairness I play it for the cantina music and pew pew sound fx's
  • Options
    No
    Lol, no one reads reviews for games.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    No
    BentWookie wrote: »
    @BentWookie

To you it is a fact because you sincerely believe that. I respect that. In the world I live in I face Poe daily and have managed to stay on top and beat him with a few different lineups, so he is not really a problem.

Therefore your "fact" is not my reality.

Your poll is myopic based on your view of the situation.

Could you kindly share your lineups that could defeat poe?

I am only at top 100 on my server, since i actually play the game 2 weeks after i download it (bad call, bad timing), so others are 2 weeks ahead of the game from me :(
  • Options
    It's not Poe... It's 'tank'.

Poe just happens to be the only tank in the game worth two dumps in the woods right now.