Will Jedi Guardian be "viable and valuable" to teams in GW and Arena after these changes?

RAYRAY
2761 posts Member
We see "generic" characters all able to contribute to high end teams, why not JKG right? I have her at 5* and level 47/66. I have only leveled her abilities to Lvl III (because purple mats) and just geared her up from level 2 to all purple lvl VII. She will be Lvl VIII as soon as she hits level 52. BTW, this was the easiest character to get to gear level VIII that I have leveled. Obviously I am building her up in preparation for the Jedi event as one of my 5* jedi. I need 35 shards for Mace to have a 5x5* jedi team. I am wondering if her abilities being changed may make her useful going forward?

From the patch notes:
Many players collect Jedi Knight Guardian early on to round out their parties, but she's also quickly outclassed by many other Tank options. These updates should help to keep her competitive.

-Special ability Ability Block chance increased to 100% on Critical Hits
-Defense bonus on Unique ability replaced with Heal Over Time (5~15% Max Health per turn)

The ability block is useful and the HOT will help her survive but is she still lacking in speed and damage to be a part of a solid team? I have to admit, an AOE will be nice for a light side jedi team. Does anyone have her maxed out? How is her damage at 70 and 7*?
☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

Replies

• Natok205
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Her problem is cantina shipments are extremely competitive.
    Poe
    5s
    Daka
    FOO
    jinn
    And lesser extent boba

Each one of those chars is proven and already invested in. Most get 1 shipment a day. Heavy farmers x2. Unless they uber buffed guardian into omg hax status. I doubt you will see guardian other than in the challenges.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The short answer is no. The meta is speed and damage. JG has neither.
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    In a way she will be a poor mans Obi Wan with her ability block but she still won't be worth it. Honestly I think she is a noob trap character. They see the double lightsaber and think she OMG UbeR RoXOrS but she doesn't.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    No, the meta is still the same and the uninteresting meta continues.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Even if that was the case (which is not), he is still in Cantina. QGJ, Poe, Daka, Fives, POE, FOO... plus Ashoka (for fan love reasons) are way ahead of him.

This is also a collectible game. Nobodies with no name such as "Jedi Guardian" need to be extra competitive to be worth the farm (such as Geo Soldier, FO tie pilot, etc). That's not the case with Jedi Guardian
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I have guardian at 5* because of (un)lucky chromium pulls. She will be my 5th Jedi for the new event but if they make Ayala farmable, she will be replaced Because I got lucky with pulling her in the same chromium pack at 4*
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Even if she was REALLY strong I'd have a hard time using her. She looks goofy. I haven't even heard of Zygerrians becoming Jedi in the first place. They're slavers and were at war with the Jedi for Pete's sake.