Here you go, IG:88 Adaptive Aim Algorithm, Zeta 2.0

Prev1
JinSaotome
682 posts Member
edited April 2017
IG:88 Adaptive Aim Algorithm Zeta

At the start of battle and whenever a droid defeats an enemy that unit gains Assassin Algorithm.
Assasin Algorithm: Attacks from this unit ignore armor (or defense) and do not trigger [enemy] effects. This buff cannot be dispelled. When defeated, Droid allies gain offense up for two turns. If they already had offense up, gain defense up for two turns.
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    +1

give droids anything. but this sounds cool
    Make Droids Great Again
  • Faerl
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Hello,

Sorry to disappoint you but your idea will require to much wortk an generate so much issues !
    Do not trigger effects impact fare too much unique and leadership.
    - Yes it will prevent bad effect like counter-strike, taunt from kenobi on critique, heal from zeta Barriss, heal on time from Churrit ...
    - But it will also prevent effect like :
    + turn meter gain from HK-47 leadership (so much for the usefullness from IG-88 in 95% of droids team).
    + Prevent activation from Rampage for Asajj Ventress
    + Assist from Fire at Will leadership from Captain Phasma ...

List aren't complete. So much side effect and it will end to transform IG-88 far more useless for droids team in end by preventing him to gain turn meter from HK-47 leadership.
  • Options
    How about instead make it cannot be dodged and ignore taunt
  • Options
    Faerl wrote: »
    Hello,

Sorry to disappoint you but your idea will require to much wortk an generate so much issues !
    - Yes it will prevent bad effect like counter-strike, taunt from kenobi on critique, heal from zeta Barriss, heal on time from Churrit ...
    + turn meter gain from HK-47 leadership (so much for the usefullness from IG-88 in 95% of droids team).

List aren't complete. So much side effect and it will end to transform IG-88 far more useless for droids team in end by preventing him to gain turn meter from HK-47 leadership.

Then I should specify "does not trigger enemy effects". That's easy enough to differentiate seeing as we have have ally and opponent character triggers already.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Faerl wrote: »
    Hello,

Then I should specify "does not trigger enemy effects". That's easy enough to differentiate seeing as we have have ally and opponent character triggers already.

It's still far too broad of a term to say "enemy effects." It's also honestly just super uncreative.
  • Options
    stumpoman wrote: »

Nah, Boba Fett already has that with execute and that's not even a zeta ability.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

No. Letting every single Droid ignore taunt is OP. We have 1 character that ignores taunts and that's enough.

Instead of ignoring effects, which like mentioned is too complicated an ability. Have it make attacks unavoidable. That would be pretty powerful not only because were in an evasion meta, but dodges have always been annoying, and Foresight is becoming pretty common.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    It's still far too broad of a term to say "enemy effects." It's also honestly just super uncreative.
    I was thinking something like stealth, dodge, and 20% tm. Or maybe +50 speed, +50 offense, and foresight every time a Droid kills something, but those seemed rather overpowered. Maybe TM reduction every hit and health/tm when debuffs are applied? Hmm, that seems overpowered too. Oh what to do!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    War wrote: »

No. Letting every single Droid ignore taunt is OP. We have 1 character that ignores taunts and that's enough.

Instead of ignoring effects, which like mentioned is too complicated an ability. Have it make attacks unavoidable. That would be pretty powerful not only because were in an evasion meta, but dodges have always been annoying, and Foresight is becoming pretty common.

Droids already ignore taunts because of b2s constant dispel so it would actually be UP and wouldn't help the droid squads at all.
  • Faerl
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking your looking on the wrong droid side :
    They do not fail damage or speed with engineer ...

What prevent them to live is that they don't have dispel debuff and when a team survive the original onslaught from droid, they kill quickly the two key caracter from droid team : engineer and IG-88 that are so frail.

Glass droid event if you enhance their damage won't change the issue.

The OP intention is to change IG-88 so that it initial attack one shot all the ennemi team ...
    Not very funny and it won't work on immune critic team at start of encounter like Siths or First Order...

As your fear is Zeta Darth Maul, your issue won't be change.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    The fumiest thing about his thread, is this ability was copied from another thread that actually had a good Zeta idea for HK-47. Yet this is the one that gets it's own personal thread, lol.
  • Options
    You know that in this game are more characters than droids?
    With this threads I can see that droids users only know to cry because they can't beat the current sith meta, but they have forgotten that they were in top places for a long time and was very frustrating to face them.
  • Options
    Y'all realize the only existing droids that'll get a Zeta is GG (General Greivous) on his rework, right? Just in the past 2 weeks, Jesse already let out that GG is getting a rework. Quit hoping the other existing droids are gonna get Zetas. They aren't. However, it doesn't mean they won't get reworks along with GG.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Y'all realize the only existing droids that'll get a Zeta is GG (General Greivous) on his rework, right? Just in the past 2 weeks, Jesse already let out that GG is getting a rework. Quit hoping the other existing droids are gonna get Zetas. They aren't. However, it doesn't mean they won't get reworks along with GG.

Really? Gg rework soon....miam, mines g11 7* and waiting
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This will be keeping with the ongoing theme of a rework happening to a toon I don't have at all. :smile:
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

What about HK's and 88's Uniques? Those are still level 7, which means they'll get Zetas someday. Probably won't be soon, but before other characters get level 9 abilities.
  • Options
    Josetxu93 wrote: »
    You know that in this game are more characters than droids?
    With this threads I can see that droids users only know to cry because they can't beat the current sith meta, but they have forgotten that they were in top places for a long time and was very frustrating to face them.

>Droids ever being top-tier

No, try again. Droids have always been meta-resistant, but they've never been the meta. They were also completely overlooked when Zetas were first handed out, and they need something to stay even remotely viable against this power creep. If you think Droid players want to be rocketed to the top by an ill-handled buff, you're wrong. They just want to be able to have a fighting chance, which they do not currently.

I love comments like this. You don't work at CG, you have no idea what's going to happen in the future. It's incredibly likely that other droids will get Zetas in the future, and no one knows for sure either way. So quit trying to lay down the law like it's up to you whether or not they get them in the future.
    "I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure." - IG-88
  • Options
    How about it is affected by taunts but can see through stealth?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I've got an honest question for Droid lovers. How do you define meta in a way Droids were never meta, but Wiggs and Empire were? There's more Zaul now than there were Droid teams in the past, so we'll leave Zaul out of equation for now. but Wiggs and Empire teams shared very similar numbers and rankings to the HK leads before them. How can those two have been real metas, but Droids never were?
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    I've got an honest question for Droid lovers. How do you define meta in a way Droids were never meta, but Wiggs and Empire were? There's more Zaul now than there were Droid teams in the past, so we'll leave Zaul out of equation for now. but Wiggs and Empire teams shared very similar numbers and rankings to the HK leads before them. How can those two have been real metas, but Droids never were?

Has hk ever been the #1 lead? Nope not ever, not even close. That would be like saying Jedi are meta right now because they have a decent high usage. Imainge how silly that would sound. Please stop kicking a dead horse, droids have never been meta.
  • Options
    Current droids are just fine, what they need is a good droid replacement for Jawa Engineer and a good droid taunt.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Has hk ever been the #1 lead? Nope not ever, not even close. That would be like saying Jedi are meta right now because they have a decent high usage. Imainge how silly that would sound. Please stop kicking a dead horse, droids have never been meta.

HK-47 was a #1 lead before. Just like EP, Wedge, Vader, and now Zaul, he was highest used rank 1 lead at one time. Zaul's the closest to 50% it's been I believe, but HK shared a similar percentages with EP, Wedge, and Vader during all of their respective times as most used leader. I don't see what's excluding Droids as having been meta.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options

HK-47 was a #1 lead before. Just like EP, Wedge, Vader, and now Zaul, he was highest used rank 1 lead at one time. Zaul's the closest to 50% it's been I believe, but HK shared a similar percentages with EP, Wedge, and Vader during all of their respective times as most used leader. I don't see what's excluding Droids as having been meta.

He was never even close to the #1 leader. Just stop.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

He was the #1 leader. Before Vader, Wedge, and EP, HK was most used leader. It's not like there were a lot options back then, but he was #1 all the same.

I could stop and leave it with either; Droids were meta since no counter argument has been given, or decide maybe you're right, but also exclude EP, Wedge, and Vader as having been metas. But I'd rather try to understand this argument from a Droid users side.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options

He was the #1 leader. Before Vader, Wedge, and EP, HK was most used leader. It's not like there were a lot options back then, but he was #1 all the same.

I could stop and leave it with either; Droids were meta since no counter argument has been given, or decide maybe you're right, but also exclude EP, Wedge, and Vader as having been metas. But I'd rather try to understand this argument from a Droid users side.

It's not a droid user side. It's the factual side. And no before those leaders it was the evasion meta with old ben taking the top spot. How long have you been playing for? I've been here since Nov 15 and the most droids I've seen in the top 50 on my shard is 5. Hk has never been the top leader period.
  • Options

Meta: most/effective/tactics/available

What @Ig88isboss is saying, HK was never the most used leader. Sure he can climb in arena and take the first rank, but what we mean by #1 is the most used leader. Like in this moment, maul is 45%, make him the most used leader, meta
  • Options
    Droids have been one of the meta teams for a Looong time. They were the meta during the Poe days before the nerf. It's cute that you all pretend that they haven't been one of the most power teams in this game since Day 1.

@Rhys_Thuryn You need to back off. There's a reason only GG can get a zeta of the existing droids. We all know why. They don't arbitrarily decide who gets a zeta. If you don't know how zetas work by now, then maybe you shouldn't spout off about them.

• War
    932 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I love comments like this. You don't work at CG, you have no idea what's going to happen in the future. It's incredibly likely that other droids will get Zetas in the future, and no one knows for sure either way. So quit trying to lay down the law like it's up to you whether or not they get them in the future.

You're right, I don't work there. I'm just rarely wrong in regards to updates. I wonder why?!

My prior comment should have been more clarifying: I meant it in regards to leadership ability. However, with that said, I'll also go on record to state HK will get one for his Unique, and probably 88. GG leader ability for sure.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

You're right, I don't work there. I'm just rarely wrong in regards to updates. I wonder why?! I'll also go on record to state HK will get one, too, and probably 88. GG leader ability for sure.

SOAP is clairvoyant obviously.