Jedi Arena team question

Prev1
Antares
686 posts Member
edited April 2017
Hey all. I have and will always run Jedi in Arena and that will never change. So, please no tips like "Gear Maul"...

I am in the process of restructuring my current Arena Team:
zQGJ, zYoda, Aayla, JKA, Ahsoka

I figured Ezra is an excellent replacement for Ahsoka. The only thing she does is hit really hard, but Ezra does that also (chance of double hit + calling an ally) and much more. Now I thought I could also replace JKA with zBarriss...

Do you think
zQGJ, zYoda, Aayla, JKA, Ezra

or
zQGJ, zYoda, Aayla, zBarriss, Ezra

would be better? I know zBarriss works best with a tanky team, but I don't have Kenobi and will not have him for another few months at least!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    With no GK, zarriss would be a good choice to get some cleansing, and a little extra healing when you do end up getting hit.
  • Ragnir
    118 posts Member
    Options
    Some jedi teams were using Ezra on my shard but they have stopped. He is not very impressive at 4 stars. I would at least consider adding someone besides a jedi. Maybe z kylo or b2 or boba. Baze would also be an option.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    With no GK, zarriss would be a good choice to get some cleansing, and a little extra healing when you do end up getting hit.

Will zBarriss cleanse after she was called by Ezra...?!? hmmm.

• Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    zQGJ, zYoda, JKA, Aayla, zKylo - Eventually replace Kylo with GK. If you're opposed to running Kylo with Jedi, I would probably use zBarris instead of Erza. If you're set on using Erza, I'd say your first option with JKA.
  • 3so
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Will zBarriss cleanse after she was called by Ezra...?!? hmmm.

No... its Ezra's turn, barris cleanse at the end of her turn, not after she attacks

• KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'd probably opt for zQGJ, zYoda, zBarriss, Aayla and Ezra.

zBarriss will give you cleansing, healing and tankiness you will need without GK.

zQGJ, Aayla and Ezra synergize really well together. You will have a lot of assisted attacks and double attacks with that trio. And Ezra's stacking offense makes him hit harder as the match goes on.

As long as you get your Jedi running at a high speed (all mine have unadjusted speeds of over 200 with most being 215 to 250 speed) then you should be able to handle most pure Sith teams.

The only teams that give me problems are the hybrid Sith/Chaze teams. I usually run z QGJ, zYoda, GK, Aayla and Palpy and I win probably 80% of the time against those teams.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm. I am approaching my next 20 Zeta mats and have to decide who to give it to. So far I have QGJ, Yoda and Vader (for the raid). I don't want to use them on Barriss, only to discover that this comp doesn't work...I think I will try

zQGJ, Aayla, zYoda, Ezra, JKA

for the moment and if that will not work out I just have to hope for a Jedi rework. I hate that everyone on my shard runs zMaul...!
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    @Antares if I were you I'd stick with Zgj, Zoda, aayla, jka and Ahsoka, even if she's just a filler, she's way more useful than Ezra imo, she hits harder and provide team healing, plus she's faster, and with jka in the team she keeps her bonuses because of the crit immunity
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    Narseph wrote: »
    @Antares if I were you I'd stick with Zgj, Zoda, aayla, jka and Ahsoka, even if she's just a filler, she's way more useful than Ezra imo, she hits harder and provide team healing, plus she's faster, and with jka in the team she keeps her bonuses because of the crit immunity

First off, Ahsoka is NOT faster than Ezra. Not close. Ahsoka's base speed is 105 while Ezra's is 143.

Secondly, while Ahsoka does hit harder, its not by a lot and Ezra's unique adds 10% offense at the end of each turn, maxing out at 40%. So when you factor that in, he probably can end up hitting harder than Ahsoka later in the match.

Ezra can also double attack 80% of the time on his basic, when not debuffed, and he dispels on one of his specials.

Under a zQGJ lead, I think Ezra is a better fit. The offense bonuses he gets, when added to his unique, make him a pretty good damage dealer and he adds a second dispeller (with QGJ).
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

First off, Ahsoka is NOT faster than Ezra. Not close. Ahsoka's base speed is 105 while Ezra's is 143.

Secondly, while Ahsoka does hit harder, its not by a lot and Ezra's unique adds 10% offense at the end of each turn, maxing out at 40%. So when you factor that in, he probably can end up hitting harder than Ahsoka later in the match.

Ezra can also double attack 80% of the time on his basic, when not debuffed, and he dispels on one of his specials.

Under a zQGJ lead, I think Ezra is a better fit. The offense bonuses he gets, when added to his unique, make him a pretty good damage dealer and he adds a second dispeller (with QGJ).

Please check her abilities and do the maths before saying she's not faster, would you ? Her unique makes her harder, better, faster, stronger, especially coupled with jka ;)
    Then onto the hit harder part : even if Ezra can stack up to +40% off, do you really think that one, he will not be debuffed with no team cleanser against those sith teams, and two, he will survive with no taunter in the team? Plus, her special uses on a toon that has less than 50% health is quite lethal one could say
    Finally, even if you factor the fact that he can dispel on a 3 turns cooldown, I'd rather have my snips far more than Ezra
    Don't get me wrong tho, as soon as I have GK she's out, but Ezra isn't worth the farm
  • Options

You didn't mention Ashoka's unique?
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    While I have a maxed out Snips, I don't run her in arena as she just doesn't do enough- no cleanse, no aoe, no buff/de buff. I haven't played with Ezra enough to judge. Without GK, zariss is important for the cleansing and the heal on crits. I like JKA (even though his buff block is bugged on Zaul) for his AOE attack, killing off pesky stealth low health sith. I run zqgj, zyoda, GK, JKA and Zboba and finish 1st.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    This is the best jedi team IMO but if you don't have GK zbarris would be the next best thing probably. And ashoka is a beast. I would replace anakin before ashoka
    https://youtu.be/-soq9BMEirE
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    This is the best jedi team IMO but if you don't have GK zbarris would be the next best thing probably. And ashoka is a beast. I would replace anakin before ashoka

Tho I really like snips for her dmg output and her team healing, I do believe aayla is more useful for 2 reasons :
    Her counter plus a chance to call an ally and her stun on crit
    And Ahsoka team healing won't do the best of it because gk isn't a lead and therefore the other toons won't be called to assist
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Tho I really like snips for her dmg output and her team healing, I do believe aayla is more useful for 2 reasons :
    And Ahsoka team healing won't do the best of it because gk isn't a lead and therefore the other toons won't be called to assist

I run a Zqgj GK aayla zoda and JKA arena team. Switched out ahoska for GK and it is the best jedi team you can get. I do miss the team heals from ahsoka and her big damage. Like others have said Ahsoka does not provide enough utility so she's the first to go. Aayla's stun and assist is a must have for a jedi team.

If you are willing to get Ezra to 7* than he may be better than snips but it wouldn't be that much of an improvement. An attacker at low stars is super squishy and will get eaten alive on defense. Making jedi even worse on defense.

IMO the best jedi team is zqgj zoda GK aayla and jka.I do not think that Zarriss is worth the zeta so I haven't tried her on my team but could help with all the crits from zaul teams. JKA is important as it forces your opponents to focus him down first (or shock him) so he doesn't go to town with his righteous fury.

Unfortunately there aren't many viable jedi subs for arena at this point and I do not think that either of the two new rebels jedi are worth the investment. Jedi really need a toon with shock so they can stop getting wrecked by b2

Edit: Ahsoka is only viable with JKA. If not she will lose her unique very quickly off all the crits.
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    kodias wrote: »

I run a Zqgj GK aayla zoda and JKA arena team. Switched out ahoska for GK and it is the best jedi team you can get. I do miss the team heals from ahsoka and her big damage. Like others have said Ahsoka does not provide enough utility so she's the first to go. Aayla's stun and assist is a must have for a jedi team.

If you are willing to get Ezra to 7* than he may be better than snips but it wouldn't be that much of an improvement. An attacker at low stars is super squishy and will get eaten alive on defense. Making jedi even worse on defense.

IMO the best jedi team is zqgj zoda GK aayla and jka.I do not think that Zarriss is worth the zeta so I haven't tried her on my team but could help with all the crits from zaul teams. JKA is important as it forces your opponents to focus him down first (or shock him) so he doesn't go to town with his righteous fury.

Unfortunately there aren't many viable jedi subs for arena at this point and I do not think that either of the two new rebels jedi are worth the investment. Jedi really need a toon with shock so they can stop getting wrecked by b2

A Jedi with force lightening to shock mofos? Me likey dat :smiley:

I couldnt agree more with on all the points you brought, tho shock isn't the solution imo, we need to come up with something that makes sense for a Jedi toon (or bring in revan as a sith and a Jedi lol)
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options

Please check her abilities and do the maths before saying she's not faster, would you ? Her unique makes her harder, better, faster, stronger, especially coupled with jka ;)
    Then onto the hit harder part : even if Ezra can stack up to +40% off, do you really think that one, he will not be debuffed with no team cleanser against those sith teams, and two, he will survive with no taunter in the team? Plus, her special uses on a toon that has less than 50% health is quite lethal one could say
    Finally, even if you factor the fact that he can dispel on a 3 turns cooldown, I'd rather have my snips far more than Ezra
    Don't get me wrong tho, as soon as I have GK she's out, but Ezra isn't worth the farm

You know what? You are right. I never bothered to check her unique ability for some time and didn't realize she gains +45 speed. My bad.

I actually run Ezra on my Jedi team and with Yoda's tenacity up and foresight along with zQGJ's foresight and GK's crit immunity and foresight, Ezra actually is not debuffed very often. Lol, yeah Ahsoka has a really good kit, too.

I still like the dispel and the special where he can assist and gains a buff.
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options

You know what? You are right. I never bothered to check her unique ability for some time and didn't realize she gains +45 speed. My bad.

I actually run Ezra on my Jedi team and with Yoda's tenacity up and foresight along with zQGJ's foresight and GK's crit immunity and foresight, Ezra actually is not debuffed very often. Lol, yeah Ahsoka has a really good kit, too.

Glad to be of help ^^
    I get the point of not using Ahsoka paired with jka with gk in the team, because of the crit immunity he gives, but I'm really not sure about Ezra
    I'd like to know what is your 5th toon in your team, and if you have some, also feedback if Ezra is actually more useful than either aayla or jka :smile:
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    I agree Revan would be the only jedi that should be able to use force lightning. I'm not saying it has to be a shock, just something that stops b2 from gaining tm. Sith have so many good offensive utility debuffs (shock, daze) where as jedi have boring defensive buffs that are easily countered by one toon.

I am really hoping for some Jedi reworks.
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    I agree Revan would be the only jedi that should be able to use force lightning. I'm not saying it has to be a shock, just something that stops b2 from gaining tm. Sith have so many good offensive utility debuffs (shock, daze) where as jedi have boring defensive buffs that are easily countered by one toon.

Same here, hopefully may 4th will be with us this time !
  • Options
    After seeing this thread I'm eager to form a Jedi team.
    But it's a shame that some really powerful Jedis like Mace and Plo Koon are a joke in the game
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    It really is. But just keep this in mind, Jedi are never going to be a bad investment. They are the core identity of the star wars universe so they will always be viable in this game (just wait for jedi luke). Even though they have so many synergies that work against them Jedi teams with GK can still finish first in today's meta. They just aren't an all powerful team like zauls are.

For that reason i don't think Jedi will be getting as hefty of an overhaul as sith or first order did because they are still fairly competitive. I do hope they give awesome zeta abilities and some reworks to Windu, Koon and Koth. It would be nice to see different jedi comps being competitive rather than the same 5
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options

Glad to be of help ^^
    I get the point of not using Ahsoka paired with jka with gk in the team, because of the crit immunity he gives, but I'm really not sure about Ezra
    I'd like to know what is your 5th toon in your team, and if you have some, also feedback if Ezra is actually more useful than either aayla or jka :smile:

Well, I run 2 variations of Jedi Arena teams. I run zQGJ, GK, zYoda, Aayla and Ezra which works well against all zMaul teams that are only Sith.

However, there are some hybrid zMaul teams that run Chaze and for those I run zQGJ, zYoda, GK, Aayla and Palpatine. Palpatine is used for his shock, which prevents Baze from healing and stops his turn meter gain from opponents getting buffs and also the healing buffs he gets from Chirrut.

Once I get Retribution up on GK's cleanse, then Palpy starts shocking everyone, that also disrupts the turn meter gain for Sith under zMaul lead when they evade.

Interesting variation with EP, I'll definitely keep that in mind !
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    @kodias

I agree. I run the exact same team and i don't think I ever lose on offense. Even with mediocre mods vs Super modded maul teams.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options

Glad to be of help ^^

Well, I run 2 variations of Jedi Arena teams. I run zQGJ, GK, zYoda, Aayla and Ezra which works well against all zMaul teams that are only Sith.

However, there are some hybrid zMaul teams that run Chaze and for those I run zQGJ, zYoda, GK, Aayla and Palpatine. Palpatine is used for his shock, which prevents Baze from healing and stops his turn meter gain from opponents getting buffs and also the healing buffs he gets from Chirrut.

Once I get Retribution up on GK's cleanse, then Palpy starts shocking everyone, that also disrupts the turn meter gain for Sith under zMaul lead when they evade.

Interesting variation with EP, I'll definitely keep that in mind !

Yeah, Palpy makes a good 5th member for a zQGJ team, surprisingly. And Ezra works really well with zQGJ and Aayla. A lot of assisted and extra attacks. I also like having 2 dispellers on the team.
  • Options
    I run zqgj/jka/yoda/gk/and recently replaced ahsoka w/Boba and am challenged slightly less...top 3 at payouts. Going with zyoda in two days. I have never farmed Ayala as Ahsoka has always been solid but may finish her next....good post.

• JonNoNothing
    139 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Boba is good in zQGJ as he give foresight when beated.
    Post edited by JonNoNothing on
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Do you join guild which do Heroic AAT yet, if no.

Find new guild ASAP, with GK you can get rank1 easily.

I used to use zQGJ,zYoda,Anakin or Aayla then Wiggs while no GK to get rank1.

Not sure it is still viable at zMaul meta?, as Yoda give Wiggs foresight may help as Wiggs can one shot any toons.

You can try if you have Wiggs.

Or may be zQGJ, zYoda, Aayla, Ezra, zBariss as Anakin not work well on zMaul lead.

Jedi is viable on offense, but bad on hold rank,I can fall down to over 10, sometime.

https://swgoh.gg/u/wenn/
  • Options

Plo could slang force lighting without gaining a Dark Side taint, so could Master Luke. Shaak Ti was basically the Jedi version of a D&D druid and could call down lightning from storms, but that was an offshoot of the hippie Connect With Nature force powers & not true force lightning. Also Sith are better healers than Jedi, it's pretty central to the plot of the prequels. I hate the Good Guys Buff/Bad Guys Debuff trope this game falls into.
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Options
    I loves me some healing and buff immunity from JKA. That alone puts him in my Jedi squad.