6 and 7 dot mods

When these come out, instead of adding higher and higher stats, cap the stats at whatever they max out to now and be more creative. The set bonuses for most of the mod sets are a little underwhelming so add something to it for sets that are made with the 6 and 7 dot mods. For 6 dot mod sets, add a chance for a buff and 7 dot mod sets add a chance for an effect (or vice versa). For example:

Health: 6 dot: Health Up and/or HoT buff. 7 dot: Chance to heal when crit or rez chance.
Tenacity: 6 dot: Tenacity up buff. 7 dot: Cleanse chance or chance to reverse buff.
Defense: 6 dot: Defense up and/or crit immune buff. 7 dot: Chance to counter attack.
Potency: 6 dot: Potency up buff 7 dot: Chance to apply random debuff
Crit chance: 6 dot: Crit chance up buff 7 dot: Chance to attack twice
Crit damage: 6 dot: Crit damage up buff 7 dot: Chance to call assist

Percentages and such tbd and buffs/effects open but you get the idea (I hope... I hope they get the idea).

Replies

• Options
    Naaahhh +50 speed secondaries on a +100 speed arrow sounds more fun ;)
  • Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

Dear god...
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe that EA/CG stated that although 6 and 7 dots were originally planned but that they decided to not release them at all, ever.
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Mods were a mistake. It they stop them at 5 dots, it's to cut their losses.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    Easybee wrote: »
    Mods were a mistake. It they stop them at 5 dots, it's to cut their losses.

I whole heartedly believe this.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think 6 and 7 dot mods will allow them to fix mods, they can adjust secondary stats to make something other than speed secondaries the only secondary stat worth getting. same for Primaries it would allow them to make some diversity if they adjusted the 6 and 7 dot stats.
  • Options

tenor.gif
  • Options
    I personally think mods are a good idea on paper - but in practice it's a race to the top because there's no downside to dropping the highest speed mods on your toons etc.

My suggestion would be to add negative stats (so, a mod has +50 speed and -25% health or something)
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Be better/more fair, if they just added more stats. So instead of the 4 you get 6.

Crit Chance
    Defense
    Offense
    Protection
    Health
    Health %

All on one mod! So if you DO get a speed secondary it'll take a .00000005% chance of upgrading. Or just never come out with them.
  • Options

tenor.gif

And you know this, man!
  • Options

If they are around, I'll pull out the wallet asap :p
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    Options
    Ewakawaka wrote: »
    When these come out, instead of adding higher and higher stats, cap the stats at whatever they max out to now and be more creative. The set bonuses for most of the mod sets are a little underwhelming so add something to it for sets that are made with the 6 and 7 dot mods. For 6 dot mod sets, add a chance for a buff and 7 dot mod sets add a chance for an effect (or vice versa). For example:

Health: 6 dot: Health Up and/or HoT buff. 7 dot: Chance to heal when crit or rez chance.
    Tenacity: 6 dot: Tenacity up buff. 7 dot: Cleanse chance or chance to reverse buff.
    Defense: 6 dot: Defense up and/or crit immune buff. 7 dot: Chance to counter attack.
    Potency: 6 dot: Potency up buff 7 dot: Chance to apply random debuff
    Crit chance: 6 dot: Crit chance up buff 7 dot: Chance to attack twice
    Crit damage: 6 dot: Crit damage up buff 7 dot: Chance to call assist

Percentages and such tbd and buffs/effects open but you get the idea (I hope... I hope they get the idea).

There will always be a meta mod, all you are asking for in reality is to start farming mods all over again.
  • Ezeziel
    184 posts Member
    Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe that EA/CG stated that although 6 and 7 dots were originally planned but that they decided to not release them at all, ever.

They existed in the mod beginning. You got 6* mods from Rancor then.
    Those where changed into 5* mods and they removed them from raid rewards.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    The initial mods fiasco caused so many people to quit the first time.

IMHO, I think they are better off leaving things the way they are now (with 5 dot mods being the max) and not adding 6 or 7 dot mods.

I'm fine with mods now, but wouldn't really be happy with having to deal with a whole new group of mods again.

• Options
    Yep bring out more mods, what else can get messed up, think they should just do it or take the v and vi from the selling option, stop the mucking about and move on, just Do it, there is always going to be something, so what, get it done
  • Options
    I do have to add, I think a lot of people will be po'd considering how much they spent farming/buying these 5 star mods and having to get a whole new set will be rather infuriating if you're not a kraken
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    I do have to add, I think a lot of people will be po'd considering how much they spent farming/buying these 5 star mods and having to get a whole new set will be rather infuriating if you're not a kraken

I do have respect for whales and kraken in this game but in this case have 0 sympathy. They always stated that 6 and 7 dot mods were coming. So if you went and dropped a ton of cash to get ahead now, without any thought to 6 and 7 dot mods eventually coming and making 5 dot mods much much less valuable thats on them not CG
  • Options

wont matter, cause I never Get stuff like that anyway :-(
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i think cg shoudlve stuck to their guns and not have modified mods from how they were released. people quitting is not my concern
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Please nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  • Options
    Please yes. Bring on the 6 and 7 star mods. Also level cap increase to 90 and an ability mat that is higher than zeta. Maybe something like needing 50 super mats to get even higher abilities.