Hard GW node 12

EDP
10 posts Member
I may have suckered you in a bit with the title here but...

I had as really hard GW12 today, GK lead, Zarris, 5s, Chaze. I just can't beat it, my Boba doesn't have enough power to one shot Chirrut and even when he gets close Baze taunts (or 5s or GK) and he has self healed to almost full health by the time I next get a turn. Sometimes Zarris heals so much people gain health when I hit them. I've tried targeting Baze first, I've tried a Nihilus lead to avoid crits but it just isn't working for me.

Was I angry, yes, was I frustrated, yes, I am over, yes, is this a nerf GW thread, no.

I lost, it's fine I will get it tomorrow (hopefully). GW should be a challenge, why should we be able to clear it everyday, it makes the game more interesting when you can't just auto everything. If anything if GW was harder and less people could complete it the there would be less complaining when people fail, as it would be the norm.

In summary, stop complaining about GW being too hard, it's fine, you have no right to complete it, neither does anyone.

Finally, if anyone has a cunning plan for dealing with that team, I'm open to suggestions! I have sith, jedi, rebels and droids loaded with turn meter but I just can't get through.

Replies

• Faerl
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've got no issue with this type of team.
    I'm using :
    QGJ Zeta as leader
    Barriss Zeta (tank team wont to enough damage on you toon with her zeta)
    Anakin (key member with his debuff)
    Asohka or Chirrut (My Chirrut is weak so I use Asohka as dps and healer)
    Baze (Tank and dispel)

I targeting first General Kenobi as he is the true danger with auto taunt, and assist call.
    Secon Barriss or Fives (if he taunt)
    In fourth Baze, you'll need to debuff with Anakin or dispel his hot and kill it quickly with Asohka chopper.
    And in last Chirrut, whitout Baze, he is easy to kill.

I'm using Baze AoE Dispel to remove retribution from General Kenobi
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Another plan is zader lead.

Zader, palp, chaze, and boba (or nihilus )

The stack of dot/hot is better for execute.

I will also usually start with GK, because then you can eliminate crit immunity. But now that I switched to nihilus when anihilate is ready, I will pick zarriss or chirrut even if I have to wait one turn. This works out ok because a focused attack on GK will not cause him to taunt so you can switch targets (for 1 turn) without issue.
  • Options
    I fight a variation of this team in arena daily and have no problems taking them down w zaul.

Since it's 12th node, you can send in a hit squad to take out either Baze or GK then it's a cakewalk for the cleanup crew. If you take out GK, the second round will have no leader ability.

Effective tactics
    -Use QGJ to dispel Baze taunt, give everyone offense up and burn down GK
    -Use Wiggs and the crit cheese on Baze, if he 2 counter crits should be enough to kill him
    -B2
    -Sith, anti-Jedi skills make easy work of Jedi esp Maul who will hit for 25k each turn.
    -try to stack sid/Vader dots w chirrut's hots the execute

Remember changing one toon will change the RNG seed which is useful in situations like using the Biggs cheese.
  • Options
    I once fought a similar team with kylo instead of fives. The vader strategy works, but I didn't have him so I used rebels to clear baze, and then my palp led empire team to take out the rest. Palps shock can come very handy to slow barriss down and prevent her heals
  • Options
    Since we are talking GW node 12 here I thought I could also ask about another team I face yesterday again and on which I ran out of time to kill it.

The team was

EP (L) 7* G11 lv85
    Vader 7* G11 lv85 possibly zeta-ed
    RK 7* G9 Lv85
    TFP 7* G10 lv85
    GS 7* G9 lv85

I have the usual rebel and Jedi teams for Yoda and EP leveled and a bounty hunter team for heists. So if I encounter such a team I am tough out of luck so far... Which team is a good counter for it in the future? What should I go for?

Thanks!
  • EDP
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I didn't beat it in the end, I just couldn't get through Baze with all the heals and the wrong people were taunting when I wanted to execute.

The main thing I will take from this though is I will make Vader my next zeta (I'm 15/20 so who knows how long...), hopefully that will help in future and push my raid score up.

GeltonTorr, shame no one better than me messaged me, but I tend to find with EP lead my own EP lead is pretty effective, as you should have a turn meter advantage from the previous stage you can try a group stun or just basic EP, if he has shock on him he is much less damaging. Not sure who RK is either. The other option is to shock TFP as that stops him getting foresight. It doesn't matter if Vader was zetad as he wasn't leader.
  • WildMango
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    GeltonTorr wrote: »
    Since we are talking GW node 12 here I thought I could also ask about another team I face yesterday again and on which I ran out of time to kill it.

The team was

EP (L) 7* G11 lv85
    Vader 7* G11 lv85 possibly zeta-ed
    RK 7* G9 Lv85
    TFP 7* G10 lv85
    GS 7* G9 lv85

I have the usual rebel and Jedi teams for Yoda and EP leveled and a bounty hunter team for heists. So if I encounter such a team I am tough out of luck so far... Which team is a good counter for it in the future? What should I go for?

Thanks!

Rex (lead), Tank (taunt), Nihilus, EP, +1 (boba, tfp)