That slow grind tho

I get what EA are trying to do with this. They want you playing for as long as possible and they probably want you to try and spend your money because of the drop rates and over all just how slow the progression of the game is.

BUT this can be a frustrating and even a bit soul crushing. Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know all of us feel this way even P2W. They probably feel frustrated opening packs and not getting what they want.

I'm starting to lose motivation because of this and not playing as much, but still technically active,
How about you guys? How do you feel about your progress in this game?

Replies

• Options
    Pretty good actually, just reached 70. 4 heroes at 7 stars, 6 at 6 stars. And just acquired some new ones.
    Totally f2p. The game is all about the grind and managing your resources. You invest in something for a while and when you finish it, it feels like you really worked for it.
    If everything was easy to obtain the game would be less fun.
  • Options
    Pretty good actually, just reached 70. 4 heroes at 7 stars, 6 at 6 stars. And just acquired some new ones.
    Totally f2p. The game is all about the grind and managing your resources. You invest in something for a while and when you finish it, it feels like you really worked for it.

That's true and a good way of looking at it, but I'm not that far into the game so I haven't experienced that feeling just yet
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    The energy refresh timer is so slow or I'd play more, even if they cut it in half to 3 and 6 minutes, I do waste my crystals on one refresh otherwise it gets really expensive.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    The energy refresh timer is so slow or I'd play more, even if they cut it in half to 3 and 6 minutes, I do waste my crystals on one refresh otherwise it gets really expensive.

I think the have changed that in the new update. I read something about getting free energy boosts around certain times of the day.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I get what EA are trying to do with this. They want you playing for as long as possible and they probably want you to try and spend your money because of the drop rates and over all just how slow the progression of the game is.

BUT this can be a frustrating and even a bit soul crushing. Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know all of us feel this way even P2W. They probably feel frustrated opening packs and not getting what they want.

I'm starting to lose motivation because of this and not playing as much, but still technically active,

The only way to go fast is to either rank top 3 daily or buy $100 worth of Crystals for refreshes. don't disappoint yourself by expecting to play free with a strong team quickly
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

The only way to go fast is to either rank top 3 daily or buy $100 worth of Crystals for refreshes. don't disappoint yourself by expecting to play free with a strong team quickly

I wasn't really expecting anything... I'm just saying the slow progress is tiring is all
  • Options
    I just got 0/6 shards only 80 shards to go just like yesterday lol it takes months not weeks so the game is basically a yearly job instead of a weekly game. I think a week is long to get a character let alone a months so they have make it easier to get shards or something coz I can't see myself farming for Rey or anakin in October bcoz I had to Finnish farming luke and Han etc it's not realistic
  • Options

+1

I am in a similar boat and I kind of like the complexity added from having to more carefully manage your resources. I'm also playing 100% F2P and while I can see why people would want to purchase crystals surely, it's not required to have fun...
  • Options
    @Pindasauskanon

It sounds like you are very successful in this game as a F2P
    How did you manage to get your toons that high besides grinding? Was there a particular method you used to get your characters that high? How did you go about doing it?
  • Options
    I agree , if you don't spend then you'll move forward at a snails pace and that's frustrating because I want to play. I mean you can burn an entire energy block just trying to equip one thing ! However I love this game and I have got to be patient . ( not EASY)
  • Options
    @Pindasauskanon

How did you manage to get your toons that high besides grinding? Was there a particular method you used to get your characters that high? How did you go about doing it?

I started playing begin december so more than 2 months now. Got all the regular heroes (lumi sid) and focussed on them. Did my dailys and managed to finish gw everyday. Was lucky with arena, not too much whales and got top 10 early. That's enough to refresh energy (2x cantina and 2x regular).
    I focussed on an AOE team after lumi and sid. Lucky it paid of, Sid, Ig88, Kylo, Poggle, Poe. I snipe 1st around reward time now pretty often.
    So no special strategy, just focussing resources and a bit of luck with the server.
  • Options
    @Pindasauskanon

I started playing begin december so more than 2 months now. Got all the regular heroes (lumi sid) and focussed on them. Did my dailys and managed to finish gw everyday. Was lucky with arena, not too much whales and got top 10 early. That's enough to refresh energy (2x cantina and 2x regular).
    I focussed on an AOE team after lumi and sid. Lucky it paid of, Sid, Ig88, Kylo, Poggle, Poe. I snipe 1st around reward time now pretty often.
    So no special strategy, just focussing resources and a bit of luck with the server.

lol alright. Don't think I could do 2 refreshes of cantina per day. I would be lucky just to do 1 imo
    I suppose patience is key then. Thanks for replying anyway. At least I know I'm not doing anything totally wrong in this game.
    Altoon33 wrote: »
    I agree , if you don't spend then you'll move forward at a snails pace and that's frustrating because I want to play. I mean you can burn an entire energy block just trying to equip one thing ! However I love this game and I have got to be patient . ( not EASY)

When people say "it gets boring when you pay because you have already beaten the game" I don't find that to necessarily be true (unless if you're a mega whale and don't have a budget). P2W have a speed advantage and can get exclusive characters otherwise their progress is slow and frustrating as well.

The drop rate is garbage. You would be lucky to get 1 item of what you need when you have energy. Shards are especially hard to get

I'm looking forward to the free energy boosts in the upcoming update. I hope you are too.