Thoughts please... zQGJ, zYoda, Chaze

J3D1K1NG
10 posts Member
edited April 2017
I'm closing in on zetas. I've been debating on zQGJ, followed by zYoda(BM). I was curious if anyone has ran or faced a zQGJ, zYoda, Chaze squad? I would probably use Ahsoka as a fifth for awhile... Anikin is coming along, as well as General Kenobi... I think in theory it would be a great setup but not sure. zMaul runs my arena group, curious how it would fair against him and his dodgy bunch of cronies also. I've looked for some video footage but unsuccessful thus far... I figure I would reach out to the community.Thanks folks! MTFBWY
Post edited by J3D1K1NG on

Replies

• J3D1K1NG
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Open to ideas
    Post edited by J3D1K1NG on
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Chase may work out until you get gk and anakin ready. I run a zmaul team and the only teams on my shard I cant beat are faster zmaul, and zqgj that's running a fast zyoda, anakin, aayla and gk, his yoda goes first and hits bm and between that and foresight that never leaves I'm lucky to take down 1 or 2 of his team before I get slaughtered. Chaze may do in a pinch until the others are ready but I doubt it would be as good as a full jedi team.
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You are on the right track. There are teams like this right at the top of my soft-launch shard, entirely competitive against well-modded zMaul or Rex teams, and not ever easy to beat.

In fact sitting at #1 right now is a superb QGJ lead, GK, Yoda, Aayla, Anakin team. Even with a strong anti-jedi sith team this is hard to beat. The combination of QGJ, GK and a fast Yoda is the key. There are lots of viable options for the other two slots, but I am a fan of Aayla's counter/stun/call-assist.

• Options
    I run a ZQGJ. He was my first. I plan on doing Zarriss as my second (need 5 more zeta shards). It can be difficult facing Zauls sometimes but do-able. I always payout 1-3 for arena so I definitely don't regret it. I run ZQGJ, JKA, Yoda, Tano, Barriss. He will work great with GK once unlocked (guild mates say so). One thing I'll tell you is that it is not that good on defence but I don't use Chaze.

If your concern is Zauls then I'd recommend running Rex lead for cleanse and tenacity. It nerfs the Zaul meta for simple wins in most cases. Not sure if this helpful to you.

TL;DR: ZQGJ is fun to use, don't regret it. Will be viable when you unlock GK. Can not help you for advice with Chaze.
  • Options
    Thanks all! I'm working up Rex's gear now as well, my first thought was to run him with my Rebel squad (Wiggs,Chaze). I will give this a run while I finish off some of the others. With any of the above setups I will have double cleansers, my thinking was with Qui Gon and Yoda zeta it would be a good segue to add GK. I really like Chaze combo and would like to continue to use them. "I am one with the Force...and the force is with me."
  • Options
    If you haven't unlocked GK yet, start saving Mk III Carbantis so you can gear him faster. You need 450 of those for gear 11.
  • Options
    WenHandel wrote: »
    If you haven't unlocked GK yet, start saving Mk III Carbantis so you can gear him faster. You need 450 of those for gear 11.

Haha yea I was just made aware of that by another guildie who 7*d his recently. That's no joke! Thanks for the info and heads up!
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I've tried to run zQGJ, zYoda, GK and Chaze in Arena and the issue I have come up against is when I face hybrid Sith teams that also have Chaze. Even with the 2 cleansers on my team, I lack the DPS to take down Sith teams before zMaul goes on a Jedi killing spree or Palpy's shock neuters my team.

Now, I run zQGJ, zYoda, GK, Aayla and Palpy and I do much better. First off, the whole team is fast, with Palpy's 219 speed being the slowest. So my team is getting a lot of attacks. Secondly, when I get Retribution up from GK's cleanse, Palpy spread's shock to the opposing team and that neuters them, leaving them to be destroyed by my Jedi.

If you do Zeta QGJ and Yoda, Palpy is a toon I would recommend you consider for your 5th member.