Zader and Zidious in Arena

MPac
196 posts Member
edited April 2017
So I have the problem of never farming Maul and just beginning Rex. My efforts were always toward a Zader team which I now run. It keeps me top 20 but I worry that won't last and I can't figure out how to use it to get into top 5 or even 1st at payout time. Any ideas for sneaking into a top spot by tweaking my team? Roster and current Arena Team below:
Zader
TFP
Sht
Zidious
EP

https://swgoh.gg/u/mpacton/

PS. All I face in top of my shard is ZMaul and Rex teams

Replies

• Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Sadly, apart +20 speed secondaries mods, your team doesn't lack anything...
    If you're planning to keep your Zader I can only recommend you to farm dem mods and sacrifice more virgins to the rnGod
  • Options
    My Zader Squad has worked far better than I though they would against Zaul and Rex Squads. Can beat them at least half the time.

Zader
    Zid
    EP
    TFP
    Boba

Boba gets around pesky Taunts and Zader's culling blade can take out a Zaul from full health with only 3 debuffs.

https://swgoh.gg/u/theeeeeeelongestnamepossible/
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    odatoyoda wrote: »
    My Zader Squad has worked far better than I though they would against Zaul and Rex Squads. Can beat them at least half the time.

Zader
    Zid
    EP
    TFP
    Boba

Boba gets around pesky Taunts and Zader's culling blade can take out a Zaul from full health with only 3 debuffs.

https://swgoh.gg/u/theeeeeeelongestnamepossible/

Wow. Yes your team is not far off what I'm working with. Speed is needed yes, and maybe I will make the Fett for Shore switch. I think I can have him geared around the same time I get Zeta 3.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe I'd be better off with a 4* Nihilus with Zeta on unique over Boba? Any opinions? I know we have seen Nihilus debates before, but what about in just this specific team stated?
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Top ranked Zader teams are all about speed.. Zader & palp 200+, Sidious 220 to 230+... good tfp speed is 245+... keep shore base if possible, holds taunt longer. Boba also works well on Zader teams... best of luck

Of course this is based on my shard so yours may not need the same speeds... or you may need more
  • Options
    Nihilist works on just about any team so yeah, he'd help... again you want him around 200+ speed if possible for best results
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Top ranked Zader teams are all about speed.. Zader & palp 200+, Sidious 240+... good tfp speed is 260+... keep shore base if possible, holds taunt longer. Boba also works well on Zader teams... best of luck

Of course this is based on my shard so yours may not need the same speeds... or you may need more
    Fixed those speeds. Thats only +80 on TFP, could easily get +100 and higher, but +65 isn't really enough to call it a good speed, especially against Zaul. My Maul is modded to have an effective start speed of 260 with Zaul so 245 sure as hell ain't gonna cut it.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully thrawn can make the empire great again. Don't give up on them yet.
  • Options
    I use zader zidious Boba Nihilus TFP. Boba is 239 speed and TFP 241. Don't need shore trooper anymore if you face Zaul team. Gearing my 4* Nihilus to 11 has enabled me to stay very competitive on offense (top5 of my december15 shard full of zaul)
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Great feedback everybody. Thank you. I do have pretty decent speed but it's just not enough yet I'll keep working on it. Right now my best set is about + 90 but all the zauls go before me on my shard.