Piece of advice for people looking for Guilds.

When you drop into a guild that has 40/50 or more and says that they use line or discord. The first thing you should do is say hello and ask for contact info. We are at 49/50 looking for someone decent and we keep getting scrubs who don't say anything. Do yourself a favor and say something. Even if your roster isn't up to par we might let you stick around just based on the fact you actually reached out right away.

Replies

• MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Don't join a guild then disappear for 3 days.

And I'm recruiting for mine :)
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    I think most of the people on the forums are the types of people who will actually communicate in guild chat.

I really feel your pain with recruiting... Silent Mol Eliza after silent Mol Eliza...
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    I think most of the people on the forums are the types of people who will actually communicate in guild chat.

I really feel your pain with recruiting... Silent Mol Eliza after silent Mol Eliza...

This is probably more of a rant than actual advice lol
  • Kckid
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Mol Eliza we meet again...
  • Saetet
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Drives me nuts. Even in our guild description, "Line app mandatory" we still get minors or silent farts. We are a heroic aat guild, we worked damned hard as a guild to acheive that, we dont want to waste time anymore with people who cant grasp the concept.
    And then there were pants...
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    OP they could be on a "minor" account depending on what age they said they were when they started playing. If that's the case they can't see the chat.
  • Options
    Saetet wrote: »
    Drives me nuts. Even in our guild description, "Line app mandatory" we still get minors or silent farts. We are a heroic aat guild, we worked damned hard as a guild to acheive that, we dont want to waste time anymore with people who cant grasp the concept.

Minors can't see the guild description. If you don't want to "waste time" with that, then make your guild invite only and recruit on the forums.
  • Options
    That and start talking like you're drunk hanging out w a bunch of friends but in reality it's a room full of strangers. My gut feeling is to boot both types within the first 5 mins.
  • Options

Minors can't see the guild description. If you don't want to "waste time" with that, then make your guild invite only and recruit on the forums.
    Yogi wrote: »
    OP they could be on a "minor" account depending on what age they said they were when they started playing. If that's the case they can't see the chat.

Well aware of how it all works. I've found that invite only causes you to miss out on decent players. I don't mind weeding out the minors but in my experience it's mostly just lazy people bouncing from Guild to guild. They already know that they aren't qualified for our guild.
  • Options
    I can relate. Our guild has a 24 get on Discord policy or boot. Even when you do get someone that speaks up and joins Discord/Line, some members never say a word or try and follow the guilds direction and it becomes quickly obvious in our guild that some have completely silenced the app or deleted it soon after. It would seem some people are just content to use a guild for their own progression without helping the other 49 that helped them progress.

Then again it's really not their fault. There are just some people that aren't into multi player games no matter what form it's in. I myself was a former solo only player, content to progress at my own pace. When guilds were announced I figured I had a 50/50 shot I'd still be playing much longer since there's really no way to progress anymore if you can't get raid gear.

Once I created a guild and got to know some other members though, it turned out to be a really enjoyable change. However I think that's a big part of being a guild leader. I have to interact with the other guild members or lose my guild. Any typical member though has a choice to join a guild, make some tickets and just sit back and collect gear. They essentially still get to play solo. It's frustrating, but aside from being diligent and kicking the ones that don't meet your guilds criteria what are you gonna do?
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »

Well aware of how it all works. I've found that invite only causes you to miss out on decent players. I don't mind weeding out the minors but in my experience it's mostly just lazy people bouncing from Guild to guild. They already know that they aren't qualified for our guild.

You may be aware. But @Saetet, who I quoted and was responding to, complained about minors joining up despite what the guild description says, which reads to me as Saetet not being aware of the fact that minors can't read the guild description.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

@Saetet
    Never once have I done a silent fart in chat. Under the covers where I can blame the dog, you better believe it.

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »

You may be aware. But @Saetet, who I quoted and was responding to, complained about minors joining up despite what the guild description says, which reads to me as Saetet not being aware of the fact that minors can't read the guild description.

She's aware. :).

• Isaah
    56 posts Member
    Options
    don't join a guild and immediately break raid rules
  • Options
    Chatting in a guild is always helpful. Often times you get a lot of great tips from guildmates and it helps immensely with coordinating raids or even arena battles if you're in the same shard.

Also don't be a **** - always donate to your peers. I'm sure they appreciate the help as much as you do when you get the gear you really need.

I remember my old guild was like the mute guild. Nobody ever spoke, not even the leader. It was pitiful.
  • Options
    Yup - and conversely if I see someone join in (we're an open guild), I always say welcome or something like that. If I get a response, that's awesome, if I don't, I keep my eye on them to make sure they're following the rules.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to Guilds and Recruitment
This discussion has been closed.