KOTOR Character Ideas with Abilities

I've been working with another user, @SumantraGanguly, and the two of us have developed a bunch of ideas related to possible characters from Knights of the Old Republic to be included. We ended up deciding to each post some of the characters so this is my half. SumantraGangular will be posting the others.

For this list, we tried to come up not only with ideas for characters, but also for their abilities. Each of them has different types of skills that would theoretically give them an advantage if these ideas were to be implemented in the game.

So here's my list. I thought we came up with some good material. To make it easy to read, I've sorted the characters according to light and dark side. We've also limited the selection to characters from KOTOR I and II, although I am open to ideas for SWTOR characters that could be added.
Light Side

Mission Vao: Relentless attacker who can use extreme turn meter gains coupled with her natural high speed to win battles.
Basic: Precision of an Ace: Deal physical damage to a target enemy and inflict "target mark" for two turns. Then, deal 35% less famage to all marked enemies. Dmg. 4571-4934
Special 1: On a mission: All allies gain advantage for two turns. Mission vao gains advantage, potency up, speed up, and stealth for two turns. If Zaalbar is present he also gains these bonuses. ( 3 turn cooldown)
Special 2: Blast them away: Deal special damage to all enemies and inflict ability block for two turns. If there were any ability blocked enemies they are stunned for a turn. If Zaalbar is present he is called to assist with 100% critical chance. (5 turn cooldown) dmg: 4413- 4635
Unique: Best Person for the job- Mission vao's turn meter cannot at any point be reduced. In addition, she gains 25% turn meter when inflicted with a debuff each. If zaalbar is present he alao gains this bonus.

The Jedi Exile: Powerful Jedi Attacker who can refresh ally ability cooldowns and prevent enemies from using theirs.
Basic: Mastery of the Force: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict buff immunity for 2 turns and expose for one turn. If the target was Sith also inflict stagger for 2 turns.
Special 1: Power of the Jedi: All Jedi allies have their cooldowns refreshed, debuffs cleansed and gain damage immunity for one turn. If there were any sith enemies they gain all of the debuffs dispelled for 2 turns.( 5 turn cooldown)
Special 2: Sever Force: Deal special damage to target enemy and reset cooldowns to just used. Then, inflict ability block for 5 turns. If the target was Sith also inflict stun for two turns.( 7 turn cooldown).
Leader: The Jedi Exile: Whenever an ally uses a basic attack they gain offense up and potency up for 1 turn.Whenever they use a special ability they gain retribution and advantage for one turn. If any opposing sith are attacked there is a 25% chance for them to be stunned for one turn.

Juhani: Jedi Support who can steal buffs from enemies and can heal her allies and grant them lasting buffs until the end of battle.
Basic: Classic Elegance: Deal physical damage to the target enemy with a 45% chance to gain all the buffs he/she has for 2 turns. If she scores a critical hit she gains advantage for two turns. Otherwise she gains offense up for 2 turns.
Special 1: Restoration: Heal all allies for 35% of their max health. Jedi allies have their cooldowns refreshed. Other allies gain tenacity up for two turns.(5 turn cooldown)
Unique 1: No turning back: All Jedi allies gain speed up and all republic allies gain critical chance up until Juhani is defeated. These buffs cannot be dispelled.
Unique 2: Loyal to the end: As long as Revan is alive Juhani gains +25% critical chance and Revan heals for 10% of his max health at the start of his turns.

Bastilla Shan: Jedi Support who can attack a high number of times and tinkers annoyingly with enemy offense as a leader.
Basic: Saber Flurry: Deal physical damage to a a target enemy with a 67% chance to attack a second time and a 33% chance to attack a third time. If she scores a critical hit she attacks an additional time and if she has any buffs she attacks another time.
Special 1: Force Bond: Restore 100% protection to a target ally and give him 100% turn meter at the end of bastila's turns for two turns (bastila's). However, if the target is defeated during this Bond, Bastila is also defeated and vice versa.(4 turn cooldown)
Leader: Master Of Battle Meditation: When an enemy attacks Bastila has a 35% chance to divert the attack to the healthiest ally, dealing 50% less damage. If this happens, the attacker has a 70% chance to suffer the same damage. When an ally attacks an enemy he/ she has a 50% chance to reduce his cooldowns by 1 and increase the enemy's cooldowns by 1.
Unique: Bastila has 100% critical chance if she is not debuffed and 65% chance of counterattack if she is. If Revan is present he also gains this bonus.
Dark Side

Atris
Set Up: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict expose for 1 turn with a 40% chance to inflict defense and tenacity down for 1 turn. Then, the ally with the highest turn meter gains offense up for 1 turn.
Set Up: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict expose for 1 turn with a 40% chance to inflict defense and tenacity down for 1 turn. Then, the ally with the highest turn meter gains offense up for 1 turn.
Words of Wisdom: All allies are cleansed of debuffs and receive advantage for 1 turn. If they had no debuffs they gain debuff immunity for 1 turn. (3 turn cooldown)
Entrap: Target ally is forced to taunt for 2 turns. The taunting target has defense and tenacity down in addition to -30% armor, but all other allies gain foresight for 2 turns in addition to advantage, potency up, critical damage up and ignore armor. Atris' attacks deal double damage and she has 100% potency. (5 turn cooldown)
Leader: Take all Opportunities: Whenever an enemy is exposed a random ally gains 100% turn meter. Allies also ignore taunts and Jedi allies have a 45% chance to dispel all buffs on an enemy when using a basic attack.
Unique: Execution: At the beginning of her turns Atris has a 50% chance to transfer all debuffs on herself to the weakest enemy for 2 turns.

Visas Marr
Basic: Expert Swordswoman- Visas charges at an opponent with her lightsaber
Special- My Life For Yours: Visas sacrifices 25% of her current HP to remove 50% from an enemy unit. This also cancels any buffs on the selected unit and heals all allies by 15% of the HP taken. If used against Darth Nihilus, Visas drains 75% of his current HP and all allies are fully healed.
Leader: Force Vision- All allies receive +25 defense against the effects of force powers used by Sith opponents. Jedi allies receive +15 increase on all force powers
Unique: My Master Taught Me Well- Marr has a 25% chance of gaining a critical hit against Sith opponents

Yuthura Ban
Special: Through Passion I Gain Strength...- Grants Yuthura a 15% chance of either restoring 25% of her HP.
Special 2: Rampage of Revenge- Yuthura strikes an enemy unit with a 50% chance of critical damage. This number increases to 95% against scoundrels.
Unique: Strength in Friendship- All allies are granted +42 against Jedi

Darth Traya
Telekinetic Attack: Deal physical damage to target enemy thrice with her three telekinetically controlled lightsabers, inflicting tenacity down for 1 turn on her first, 66% chance to inflict defense down for 1 turn on her second and 33% chance to inflict stagger for 1 turn on her third.
Force Drain: Deal special damage to all enemies and send all force abilities into cooldown. Traya is healed for 50% of the dealt damage. If she was already on full health, all force users suffer double damage. (5 turn cooldown)
Break the will: Inflict stun for two turns on the target. Also inflict an expose effect for every time the target attacked Traya, for 1 turn. (starts the encounter with a 5 turn cooldown.)
Leader: Kreia's Teachings: Whenever an ally uses a basic attack they gain offense up and speed up for 1 turn. If they had offense up they gain advantage for a turn. Whenever allies use an ability they have 100% potency and gain either foresight or retribution for a turn.
Unique: Betrayal: At the end of each of her turns, kreia inflicts expose for one turn on a random ally to heal herself for 15% of her hp and gains !00% critical chance on her next turn. This cannot target allies with less than 30% HP.

Replies

• Options
    I love this idea!
    But this is just me being a lore nerd, I do believe the Jedi Exile was mentioned by name in the novel "Revan" and confirmed female.
  • Options
    I love this idea!
    But this is just me being a lore nerd, I do believe the Jedi Exile was mentioned by name in the novel "Revan" and confirmed female.

I'm not sure the exact source, but the information I have access to generally leans in the direction that the exile is female. On the other hand, I don't know if there's a canon face for the exile so I'm not sure how she could be designed.

That said, all the "canon" information comes from legends. Some aspects of KOTOR's aesthetic have been reworked into canon, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive stance regarding Revan or the exile yet. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing female Revan becoming canon, and for that matter the Juhani romance being incorporated.
  • Options
    Her name is Meetra Surik and yes she's female.