Sith Turn order? I do not understand...

Volcano
30 posts Member
Please help me understand how this is calculated. My tfp has 244 speed.

Enemy zaul team has a SA which is in the end faster due to zaul lead. I get that. Then she uses her vanish to grant everyone else 12% tm. (No other buffs yet I guess).
How comes it then that even a 160 speed DN goes even before my tfp 244? Isn't his DN supposed to get only 20%+12% speed buff?
Same goes for his zaul. He had 170 speed and goes second after SA!

What do I miss here ?
Thanks for helping me out

Replies

• Options
    20% tm isn't the same as +20% speed, it's the same as +25% speed. If you had one toon at 4 speed and one at 5 speed but the first one got 20% turn meter they would finish at the same time. So 32% tm is almost as much as 50% speed. Even that wouldn't be enough to beat your TFP, but the SA gains speed and tenacity up if stealthed, which she will be, then gives 12% tm per buff, for a total of 36% on top of the 20% from Zaul lead.

If they had a 300 speed SA you might be able to sneak a 350 speed JE between her and Nihilus, but I don't know if that is even possible.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    12% TM isn't a 12% speed buff. Also she gives 36% TM since it's after she gains stealth and foresight, plus the advantage buff she gets from Maul lead, so with three buffs gives 36% TM boost.

Your TFP 244 and his Nihilus has 160 so if you both started on equal footing he would only have 65% TM when you reach 100%, 160 divided by 244, but since he starts out with 20% and Sith Assassin gives him another 36% when she goes then he gets to 100% before your TFP does.
  • Options
    SA would be giving 36% TM not 12

Starts turn, looses stealth and gains advantage.
    Uses ability and gains stealth and foresight
    then awards 12% TM per buff, so 36%
  • Options
    SASS gives %36 TM cause she has 3 buffs (advantage, stealth, foresight )
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    So what everyone is trying to say is sith assassin gives 36% tm not 12%
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    So what everyone is trying to say is sith assassin gives 36% tm not 12%

lol I love how everyone try's to go above and beyond and over explain.

Then we just have scuba
  • Volcano
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying this to me!!
    Well then I need at least 280-290 speed on TFP hoping for aoe tm reduction under my zader lead. Otherwise I am rly struggling when DN goes before my entire team.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Volcano wrote: »
    Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying this to me!!
    Well then I need at least 280-290 speed on TFP hoping for aoe tm reduction under my zader lead. Otherwise I am rly struggling when DN goes before my entire team.

Ummm. If you can't out speed sith assassin you are not going to out speed the other sith either because of the tm push from dark shroud.
  • Khelsa
    20 posts Member
    Options
    So a 100 speed dm goes faster than a 210ish speed toon in the opening round? Amazing..

Any suggestions on the speed order?
    I mean assassin should go first obviously. Who is the second that u use? I thought about dn going second doing his aoe, then ep stun, then dm daze.

Would ep stun kind of unnecessary after a dn aoe?
  • Options
    Khelsa wrote: »
    So a 100 speed dm goes faster than a 210ish speed toon in the opening round? Amazing..

I mean assassin should go first obviously. Who is the second that u use? I thought about dn going second doing his aoe, then ep stun, then dm daze.

Khelsa wrote: »

Unless you have cranked your speed down ridiculously low, once the SA goes it is purely random who goes next. Maul is generally the one that everyone wants to go first, but that will only happen 1/4 of the time if you are running a full Sith team.
  • Options
    I run sith most of the time but they overdid shroud given Zaul's lead. Maybe have it start with a cooldown of 1 or something like 100% TM gain for non-stealthed sith.

It's Biggs all over again before pre-taunt.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    20% tm isn't the same as +20% speed, it's the same as +25% speed. If you had one toon at 4 speed and one at 5 speed but the first one got 20% turn meter they would finish at the same time. So 32% tm is almost as much as 50% speed. Even that wouldn't be enough to beat your TFP, but the SA gains speed and tenacity up if stealthed, which she will be, then gives 12% tm per buff, for a total of 36% on top of the 20% from Zaul lead.

If they had a 300 speed SA you might be able to sneak a 350 speed JE between her and Nihilus, but I don't know if that is even possible.
    Until Sith Assasin hits 250 speed, Jawa Engineer will still go before her at equal speed levels in the character panel.

Nihilus would have to have less than a 440/(800/300) = 165 speed to not get caught up in 100% tm land from Sith Assassin's TM gain. I don't see that happening.

Unless Jawa Engineer has the same effective starting speed as Sith Assassin, all other Sith will go first, but if they did have the same speed, It would be random who went first and called all their buddies into 100% tm land.

So a 300 speed SA has an effective starting speed of 1000/(800/300) = 375 Jawa Engineer's base speed is in a droid team is 203 (counting unique), so it is just barely possible for him to surpass her if you really can have your speed secondaries go up by 6 at a time and cap at 29 like I've see people say. Of course, it also means getting 172 speed from secondaries, out of a max of 175 if the max speed secondary amount above is correct.