Real time combat, VOIP and Abuse

Prev1
Korlyy
16 posts Member
Okay, so i have been playing for a while now and there is still something missing.. the QoL update had the potential to totally revolutionize the game, however sadly, that was not the case.

We need to scrap this whole turn based, speed focused game into a real time game to attract a younger audience, (6 and older.. more money for EA ;) ) because in real life in a shoot out, we wouldnt wait for our turn to attack, we would be shooting all at the same time. So scrap speed, turns, mods, and intoduce a run away mode because lets face in real life out of a group of 5 only 2 or so would want to fight and the others would either run or film it for YouTube. So erm, realism please? Thanks EA

Secondly, we need VOIP. I need to hear the cries of my adversaries when my toons snatch their souls, also isnt it fun when we get abused in game by other players.. really brings out the gaming spirit. I mean if it wasnt for the 14 year old Americans in Xbox live racial abuse every now and then, i doubt Xbox would be were it is today - at least thats why i pay 40 a year for Xbox Live.

So EA, what am i asking for? Competitiveness, passion and drive. Please allow the abuse and scrap turns, speed and mods. Not too much to ask from a devoted player, add VOIP and i will pay to be abused :)

Korly

Replies

• Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options
    Troll post is full of trolls ... Troll away.
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Tigzie wrote: »
    Troll post is full of trolls ... Troll away.

Literally adding my suggestion to the thousands already on here. Im assuming thay you are unsure about VOIP, what about the speed and mod removal?
  • Options
    whats VOIP
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    whats VOIP

OP wants to sing you a song over the internet.
  • Options
    Go play Force Arena
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    did you really just say that the success of xbox live is mainly due to 14 year olds screaming racial slurs?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    whats VOIP

OP wants to sing you a song over the internet.

Yeah, a soft melodic tune designed to lull an opponent into a false sense of security..
    Post edited by Korlyy on
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Go play Force Arena

Do they have VOIP on force arena omgomgomg!
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    did you really just say that the success of xbox live is mainly due to 14 year olds screaming racial slurs?

Partly.. if it wasnt for them i wouldnt have the motivation to continue on.. they helped better me. Its like bullying someone and then they come back all transformed - if you think about it, i helped right? :)
  • Options
    This may be the single greatest idea I have ever heard on forums.

Well done bro.. Well done..
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    This would def make me quit; turn based is why I play it, and no I dont want to talk to anyone.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    whats VOIP

Voice over IP.

OP, if you think this is the game you are playing, you're gonna have a bad time.

In no way could you ever have expected the QoL update to have any of this.

Please move on.
  • Options
    I'm very excited about just reading this. When do you think we'll have this update?
  • Options
    You're talking about a completely different genre. I do suggest you to go and play Force Arena if you don't like the turn "thing" about the game.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    You're a week late OP.
  • Options
    You sir, are insane in the membrane. This game will never be that. You are talking about a total overhaul, AND doing away with what is probably one of their biggest money makers...the drive to be faster. No way are they doing away with mods and speed.
  • Options
    wow, OP what are you smoking?
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    This may be the single greatest idea I have ever heard on forums.

Well done bro.. Well done..

Thanks man.. i wish icould be a dev, would be easier. #KorlyForDeveloper
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    This would def make me quit; turn based is why I play it, and no I dont want to talk to anyone.

Why not? Wouldnt it be nice to hear a voice when your last toon gets wiped? Or vice versa? Gain tips and knowledge from more players than currently available?

We dont need to fight it anymore Bhaalor..
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Thymo wrote: »
    I'm very excited about just reading this. When do you think we'll have this update?

Hopefully real soon, if everyone can start using #KorlyForDeveloper, i can start making some real changes.
  • Options
    @Korlyy are you on high or smoking weed?
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    To all of my critics,

Deep down you know i am talking some pretty impressive changes.. some say im crazy, but so was Van Gogh and his art is priceless.

Strip down Mods, Speed and bring in VOIP.

Korly

P.s UltimateSeaDog, a big fat joint of hope.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    You are describing a completely different game. And one I, personally, would not play. I'm playing this game BECAUSE it is turn based. And BECAUSE it doesn't force me to talk to anyone. I barely kept going for guilds because of the communication thing. Anything further than that and I'll walk away. I know no one cares about ME, but the people devoting time into this game are doing so for a reason. To completely change the mechanics of the game risks losing more people than it does bringing new ones in. It's easier to get new players into a new game than an existing one.

I have no problems with these suggestions...for a different game. But let's leave the basic mechanics of this game alone. Add a better system to sort through mods. There's a QoL update that would truly excite the user base.
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    whats VOIP

Voice over IP.

OP, if you think this is the game you are playing, you're gonna have a bad time.

In no way could you ever have expected the QoL update to have any of this.

Please move on.

I shall not be moved.
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    You are describing a completely different game. And one I, personally, would not play. I'm playing this game BECAUSE it is turn based. And BECAUSE it doesn't force me to talk to anyone. I barely kept going for guilds because of the communication thing. Anything further than that and I'll walk away. I know no one cares about ME, but the people devoting time into this game are doing so for a reason. To completely change the mechanics of the game risks losing more people than it does bringing new ones in. It's easier to get new players into a new game than an existing one.

I have no problems with these suggestions...for a different game. But let's leave the basic mechanics of this game alone. Add a better system to sort through mods. There's a QoL update that would truly excite the user base.

How can we keep a mechanism that is so flawed alive? Its Star Wars : Galaxy of Mods right now and NOBODY wants to tackle speed or mods and therefore a complete overhaul is needed or nothing will change.

Additionally, VOIP allows a truly deeper multiplayer experience. Allowing people to comminicate with people who arent in your guild or forums.

People take this ride with me, link in all developers and help me help you. #KorlyForDeveloper
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Completely disagree with the OP suggestions. Sounds like a sure way to kill the game.
  • Options
    So OP you want a completely different game... How about you go play a different game then?
  • Options
    lol op gtfooh
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    So OP you want a completely different game... How about you go play a different game then?

I would like to play SWGOH not SWGOMods. I like the game in the sense of raids, toons, arena etc.. just not turn based and so heavily focused on speed :)
  • Korlyy
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Completely disagree with the OP suggestions. Sounds like a sure way to kill the game.

And your suggestions are?
This discussion has been closed.