Zeta QGJ Jedi team arena competitive?

I was curious can a Zeta QGJ lead Jedi team be competitive in arena without General Kenobi? I see a lot of competitive Zeta QGJ jedi teams in the top 50 on my shard but ALL of them run General Kenobi. Can this team be competitive without General Kenobi and with another Jedi in his place?

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Without GK it will most likely (even on offense) get dusted by all the Maul squads.
  • Options
    I don't have any trouble beat zqgj if go isn't on the team
  • Options
    Even with GK they are still fodder.

I'm usually hovering around ranks 50-100 in my shard (a very old one). Whenever i see a Jedi Squad i rejoice, any combination of Jedi i have encountered so far (with zQGJ, zYoda, Anakin, GK, Aayla being the most prominent version) was easily beaten and I don't even use any of the current meta maul/nihilus shenanigans.

I use my zQGJ team very successfully in GW, but no chance for arena.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on the speed on your mods.

At 318 speed my Yoda (with ZGJ bonus included) gives some problem to my opponent beyond top 10.
  • Options
    Needs GK and even then you're better off sticking him under a Rex lead.
  • Options
    Ya Jedi as it stands just do not do the required damage. Not when Maul teams play wack a Sith.

Biggest issue with Maul teams is that Sith have anti Jedi skills...

ZBarriss would not help I guess... I suppose that GK would interfere with ZBarriss.

I do not have GK myself. I run a zQGJ with Zoda, JKA, TFP, StHan against some Maul teams where the Speed boost lets my Yoda go first. My main team is Dooku, Zoda, Rey, TFP, StHan, works if my Yoda can do BM early.... And can finish in the top 5 in my April shard, with most of the top 10 running Maul teams.