Baze's Unload dealing stacking damage against Empire targets.

War
932 posts Member
Baze's Unload reads: Deal physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them. Empire enemies and enemies who were not buffed take bonus damage equal to 25% of their max health.

Baze's Unload is dealing 25% max health damage to non buffed Empire characters twice. Abilities are not supposed to deal stacking effects, unless otherwise stated, Unload does not read in a way that should be dealing a stacking effect. It reads that Empire enemies take bonus damage, as well as non buffed enemies. This is clearly a bug, and not working as intended.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I might agree if the ability stated
    Empire enemies or enemies who were not buffed take bonus damage

There are other abilities that stack, krennic unique is one I can think of right away.

See what the Dev's say.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

There are other abilities that stack, krennic unique is one I can think of right away.

See what the Dev's say.

Krennic's Immeasurable Power reads: Directer Krennic gains +10% Critical Damage for each debuffed enemy and +10% Critical Damage for each Rebel enemy.

Krennic's unique is stating the +10% crit damage effect twice, which is an indicator for stacking. Baze's Unload only mentions the bonus effect once, in the same sentence even, so not a proper indicator for a stacking effect.

Baze's Unload would need to read something like; non buffed enemies take bonus damage equal to 25% of their max health, Empire enemies take additional bonus damage equal to 25% of their max health.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »

See what the Dev's say.

Krennic's Immeasurable Power reads: Directer Krennic gains +10% Critical Damage for each debuffed enemy and +10% Critical Damage for each Rebel enemy.

Krennic's unique is stating the +10% crit damage effect twice, which is an indicator for stacking. Baze's Unload only mentions the bonus effect once, in the same sentence even, so not a proper indicator for a stacking effect.

Baze's Unload would need to read something like; non buffed enemies take bonus damage equal to 25% of their max health, Empire enemies take additional bonus damage equal to 25% of their max health.

Baze ability could be interpreted both ways don't disagree on that. This game and it's ability description are not known for being clear or being even correct and can change as the writer s see fit.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »

See what the Dev's say.

Baze ability could be interpreted both ways don't disagree on that. This game and it's ability description are not known for being clear or being even correct and can change as the writer s see fit.

Devs will confirm or deny it's a bug. For now nothing really to argue except wording on the ability.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can we get a dev response on this? I think it is still happening, but I am hesitant to use this in arena simply for the sake of the bonus damage, as I don't know if doing double is a bug.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Can we get a dev response on this? I think it is still happening, but I am hesitant to use this in arena simply for the sake of the bonus damage, as I don't know if doing double is a bug.

Since we never got a dev response, I'm thinking working as intended.
  • Coldth
    29 posts Member
    Options
    They should change the wording to be like Krennic's, or change the ability. Either way they have to change the wording; it's too ambiguous as it is.

Honestly, even if it's working as intended, this change would be a great way to make Baze slightly more balanced. Pretend it's a bug like they did with the Nute leader ability.