chipmunk19
128 posts Member
edited February 2016
  • Phasma (L) 6* G8 4/6
  • Daka 6* G8 5/6
  • Lumi 7* G8 4/6
  • GS 5* G8 5/6
  • Dooku 4* G8 4/6

all at lvl68 and i'm currently farming Dooku and Daka in cantina. i'm thinking of replacing him with IG86 or QGJ though.

Dooku
  • 50% multi-attack + 100% counter could proc Phasma's lead ability more than assisted attacks every 2-3 turns
  • additional chance to stun opponent's most problematic toons
  • wreaks havoc on Jedi (e.g. Lumi, QGJ)
  • needs time to deal a significant amount of damage on his own, even with the multi-attacks, counters and speed

IG86/QGJ
  • bigger damage bursts
  • assist abilities still work well with Phasma's lead ability
  • easier to farm shards
  • has other uses but can also be nullified by an enemy Dooku (QGJ)
  • slower

my usual problem opponents are Poe DPS teams (surprise!). thoughts?

Replies

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am in the same spot. I think you will benefit from the ability to see the entire enemy team in the coming update. If u see 2-3 Jedi, then use Dooku. If u need to burst down Rey or FOTP then maybe IG-86 would be better. However once u get QJC up to 6*s + I think he needs to be in EVERY lineup.
  • Options
    Yeah seems like a good route to take. Is QGJ really that good though (don't have him yet as I'm getting Daka to 7* first)? I mean I know he's great on paper, but I've never had a problem going up against him before because of Dooku.
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Today I ran in arena:

7* Lumi g7
    6* Sid (Leader) g7
    4* Dooku g6 (need two more darn laptops)
    4* QGJ g8
    6* Kylo g7

and Im holding steady at rank 91 on a tough server.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think QGJ outperforms Dooku
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I think QGJ can dispel all negative effects on allies and makes him quite useful as well as a pretty hard hitting attack with an assist call
  • Options
    Phasma (lead), QGJ, GS, Dakka, Dooku is how I'd run it. Lots of stuns, speed, bonus attacks, and Dakka functions as a taunt, since you have to take her out first or lose if she gets a revive
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Phasma (lead), QGJ, GS, Dakka, Dooku is how I'd run it. Lots of stuns, speed, bonus attacks, and Dakka functions as a taunt, since you have to take her out first or lose if she gets a revive

Interesting idea. I'll probably try this type of setup when I get my 86 on par with the rest of my team. Haven't had a team without Lumi yet though.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I think QGJ outperforms Dooku

Love that Dooku speed though! He's ALWAYS first out of the gate. Counters 100% of the time when leveled. My most feared toon to face.
  • Options
    I would consider kicking Lumi for IG86 on ur team.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    chipmunk19 wrote: »

Interesting idea. I'll probably try this type of setup when I get my 86 on par with the rest of my team. Haven't had a team without Lumi yet though.

Well keep her in until you have the rest at 6 - 7*

But I guess my question is, how often does her heal save your team? If often, she's a keeper. If you just use her for damage, then she is replaceable. She's still in my lineup, but I run Sid and Poggle, so her 11k crit is good enough, despite the fact I almost never use her heal in PVP
  • Options
    But I guess my question is, how often does her heal save your team? If often, she's a keeper. If you just use her for damage, then she is replaceable. She's still in my lineup, but I run Sid and Poggle, so her 11k crit is good enough, despite the fact I almost never use her heal in PVP

i use it at least once every arena match. her heal, with Daka's as a backup plus all the stuns, is what allows me to survive matches against opponents with 2k more power. even without Sid and Poggle, she also still deals the most individual damage in my team outside of GS' swarm attack.

what i don't like about Lumi is her speed. against Poe DPS teams she doesn't get her 1st turn quickly enough to actually save somebody.