Best 5th Option for Wiggs/Chaze Team

Hwd_stax
6 posts Member
edited April 2017
First time post, currently running lando as my fifth but also have a few other characters that i could potentially use; boba, DN, Shoretrooper etc.

https://swgoh.gg/u/hwd-stax/collection/

Who would be the best long term investment. I currently rank top 50 in my december 16 shard but have noticed my ranking slipping a bit lately. Probably due to people reaching zetas or what not but id like to invest my resources into characters that will keep me in the top 50 or even able to take me into the top 10 eventually. Thanks for your help guys.
Post edited by Hwd_stax on

Replies

• Options
    Cassian Andor, Rex or Darth Nihilus.

Cassian is good because they have to remove Tenacity Up from Baze before they can land Buff Immunity or Shock on him. He also buffs your other rebels.

Rex for double cleanse and double Tenacity Up. Also gives good TM if you throw him in as lead.Adds survivability.

DN for taking down other tank heavy teams. All he has to do is live long enough to one hit KO, which is easy since he increases CD on enemy heroes.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    I would say jyn. She would be good as a 5th or a leader if u zeta her they would be really good w her protection heal.
  • Options
    Agree that Jyn is good, but in arena you need more debuffs to make her viable. With Wedge lead, you get TM, offense and survivability (through crit heal). Jyn lead would slow this team down. No need for potency, and no hard debuffs for expose.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    My shard has uber fast boba or rex. The jyn squad is there, too, but it isnt great. Javent seen a cassian with these guys.
  • Options
    I'd go with Boba. Ability block is great and he can execute other boba's.
  • Options
    Drazz127 wrote: »

Problem with Boba is that he doesn't cut it on defense. How many teams run him in your top 20?

I have only 2 Boba's in my top 20, while I have 5 Rex's, 8 Cassians, and 15 DN. Every team except me and one other has Chaze.
  • Options
    I ran boba for a few days and noticed I dropped further in the rankings so I put Landon back in. His execute and AB are good but It seemed I was easier to beat with him in. Like the idea of DN because he's great but will only have him at 3*. Jyn is almost 7* and I'd like to use her for raids since she seems like she'd do good. Thanks for the help guys!
  • Options
    I like to focus all resources to my arena team so that's why it's hard for me to decide on switching out one of my members but if it means I'll have success later on I'm down to try something new
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Problem with Boba is that he doesn't cut it on defense. How many teams run him in your top 20?

I have only 2 Boba's in my top 20, while I have 5 Rex's, 8 Cassians, and 15 DN. Every team except me and one other has Chaze.

Level 81 - Pre Zeta
    100% of the rebel teams in my top 20 run boba (minus the single rouge 1 squad I've never seen). I run a non cookie cutter team and I also have boba (lead).
    There are only 5 teams in the top 20 not using boba.
    Lando is done at this point of the game. Most everyone that matters in my shard has replaced him with Palpatine.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

There are at least 3 guys running with Wiggs/chaze/Boba on my shard that make top 10. At least one of them takes top spot, daily. I only notice that one because he is in my time zone. But they all have good speed mods on Boba. I have the same toons, and they don't do squat for me, cuz I can only get +90 speed on Boba. My squad dropped like a rock. Theirs do fine. The one in my timezone probably drops to mid teens.

Your shard is hella different, though. I only have 4 rexes, no cassians, and one Darth Nihlus lead. I got zaul in the lead, then zader. Then the few wigs, few rex/gk, a couple jedi/gk, and one DN lead. Good to hear that change is coming. I didn't know cassian lead was even a thing. Your shard is too rich for my, lol.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Rex, Jyn or maybe DN. You should have all those characters anyway so maybe try them out as you get them arena ready one by one.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You might as well also farm Cassian and K2SO while you're at it...... Slowly slowly. Full R1 team has really good synergy. And their only real weakness right now is B2 and Boba Fett.