Droid Squad Tactics

Anyone know if IG-86 buffs himself with this? (i.e. would always count as having one living Droid ally?)

Replies

• Options
    No... He needs someone else for his 2nd Attack to give bonus Attack.
  • Options
    Ah, I wasn't talking about his second attack but the Droid Squad Tactics ability, which gives him additional crit chance and damage for "each living droid ally." (3% crit chance at Level 2, for example.) I'm wondering if he counts as his own ally for this as well, i.e. a full team of droids including 86 would give +15% crit chance at Level 2 (with 86 counted as one of the allied droids) or +12% (with only the other four counted).

It's pretty hard to do much scientific testing of the stats in-game, though...
  • Options
    It says droid ally. I don't think he would count as his own ally, would be great for me though lol
  • Options
    If you're running lot of droids in a squad Lobot is a good ally for synergy. He's also useful in support only challenges.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Right now I'm trying out Hk, 86,88, magnaguard(2 star...), and poggle(once I get him). Will do research about Lobot!
  • Options
    Some Droid love. :)

I recently got Poggle and I'm currently trying to gear him up before taking him out for a test spin.

I did buy the Droid Pack when it was offered, so I have HK 47, IG 88, and IG 86. I haven't touched my IG 86, so I would need to consider whether I would want to level him and put gears on him.

Thanks for the Lobot suggestion. I hope more Droids are a-coming! But there seems to be a lot of hidden gems in the 1 and 2 star heroes, so finding out good combinations is definitely fun.
  • Options
    Can someone clarify who droid allies are? Are they simply other droids? Thanks
  • Options
    RoomyFstop wrote: »

Yes.

I have a droid team.
    86 gets a buff from the two other droids on the team, HK and 88. If I add magnaguard we can add another 7.5% crit chance to his ability, it's currently only on 15%.
    If you are not running 86 I suggest you do, he crits most general and secondary attacks. His secondary attack if crit (the one that calls another toon to attack) is a high damage hitfest. If you can crit with that add another 30% turn meter from HK.

• Options
    RoomyFstop wrote: »

Poggle and Lobot both have great Droid synergy. Poggle is the easier of the two to farm since he's in GW shipments, Lobot is only farmable on 2 hard nodes.(light side 4-B and 5-B) I think his debuff cleanse / heal is worth it though.
    Once I've maxxed my Phasma and IG-86 in GW I'll also farm Poggle to try out a Lobot, 88, 86, HK, Poggle team. The speed and crit bonuses ought to burn anyone down.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762