New Player here - advice appreciated

KyleKatarn
473 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hi all

I'm new to this game (Level 56) and I could really use some advice about where to progress my team. I've spread resources too thinly across too many characters I think, and now the lack of resources is starting to bite >.<

So my current characters (you'll see where my focus has been!)

Light Side

Luminara Unduli 6*, Gear Level 7
Jedi Consular 5*, Gear Level 7
Stormtrooper Han 4*, Gear Level 5
Ahsoka Tano 4*, Gear Level 4
Old Ben Kenobi 4*, Gear Level 4
Qui-Gon Jinn, 3*, Gear Level 6

The rest of my Light characters, who are at much lower levels (and gear levels)...

Plo Koon 3*
Clone Wars Chewbacca 3*
Coruscant Underworld Police 1*
Clone Sergeant 2*
Jawa 3*
Ewok Scout 2*
Princess Leia 3*
Resistance Trooper 3*
Biggs Darklighter 2*
Ewok Elder 2*
Jedi Knight Guardian 2*

Dark Side

Geonosian Solider 5* Gear Level 6
Darth Sidious 4* Gear Level 6
Greedo 4* Gear Level 6
IG-88 3* Gear Level 4
Royal Guard 2* Gear Level 5
Talia 3* Gear Level 4
Cad Bane 3* Gear Level 3
Snowtrooper 3* Gear Level 5

And the stragglers...

First Order Tie Pilot 1*
Grand Moff Tarkin 4*
Nightsister Initiate 1*

I haven't finished all the campaign missions (Light and Dark tables); I'm 204 and 183 respectively though them. I've finished tables 1-3 inclusive of the Cantina battles, but the difficulty seems to ramp up after that.

Not over keen to throw piles of cash at this game; the odd bit here and there is OK (I did the monthly subscription thing as a good way of buying extra energy without relying on the PVP bit for crystals) but I am so torn between where to go now. Are there any on that list I should focus on, any I should avoid, any synergies I am missing?

For Galactic War and Squad Arena, I usually go with my best troops (so Jedi Consular, Luminara, Sidious, Geonosian, Greedo) but I do mix in Qui-Gon Jinn as the leader occasionally as his speed boost seems to help (Luminara can usually take down at least one enemy on her own before it's the enemy turn!). Is this a good team going forward?