Arena Shard Change

Let me put something out there that was an idea my guild leader had...

Can we say every month or so be changed to a new arena shard, randomly?

Would prevent shardmates from working together or blocking
Would enhance the experience and new feeling of the arena
Breaks up the dull daily grind

I have noted that some shards run different metas and often I base my team on the other top ten teams this would reward those with a deep roster.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it wouldn't be possible. How would they rank you to begin with? If there are say 20 rank 1's put into the same shard and 1 guy stays ranked 1 and the other at 20 there would be a lot of complaining. And you'd probably end up with newer shards mixed with older ones and the newer people wouldn't be able to compete more than likely.
  • Options
    Only if the shards get shuffled with other shards that were created at approximately the same time. Keep people roughly grouped by account creation dates, then okay.
  • Options
    Something will probably happen. Maybe it's WAI.

But CG does make money from crystals and that fact that 'teams' are colluding the max out the amount of free crystals they're getting WHILE ALSO discouraging other's from trying to break in to the top of the arena, increasing overall frustration, doesn't exactly sound like their style. Or a good freemium model. But what do I know.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it wouldn't be possible. How would they rank you to begin with? If there are say 20 rank 1's put into the same shard and 1 guy stays ranked 1 and the other at 20 there would be a lot of complaining. And you'd probably end up with newer shards mixed with older ones and the newer people wouldn't be able to compete more than likely.
    Only if the shards get shuffled with other shards that were created at approximately the same time. Keep people roughly grouped by account creation dates, then okay.

I agree with these statements. The OP point about beginning rankings would be interesting how to work that and that may keep something like this from happening.

Maybe I am wrong but isnt that the point of a level cap is keeping the older players from getting so far ahead of the new players? But I do see the point.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    where would everybody start? at rank 20? 150? 14.000?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Ranks 100-1000+ probably won't even notice if there was a shuffle.

Ranks 1-50 would scream out a poo storm.
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »

That's not terribly hard - I'm sure CG has ranks over time in their database -- we have it on that other site that keeps track of your teams and lets you post it up!!!!!

So, keeping it semi simple, say you were in 200th place for 100 days, 100th for 50, 50th for 10, and 10th for 1 - you average it all out -- so that's 25501 places divided by 161 days - allow for A LOT of figures to fix any ties -- so your meta rank would be 158.39130434782608.

New Leaderboards would allow people a new chance to up their meta rank by getting to the top and staying their

These figures inherently have the age of account in them -- so each Leaderboard restart has the players sorted in an algorithm based on age of account and also meta rank. Adding in RNG within statistically closely ranked leaderboards/ages would further break up 'shard mates.'

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »

That's not terribly hard - I'm sure CG has ranks over time in their database -- we have it on that other site that keeps track of your teams and lets you post it up!!!!!

So, keeping it semi simple, say you were in 200th place for 100 days, 100th for 50, 50th for 10, and 10th for 1 - you average it all out -- so that's 25501 places divided by 161 days - allow for A LOT of figures to fix any ties -- so your meta rank would be 158.39130434782608.

New Leaderboards would allow people a new chance to up their meta rank by getting to the top and staying their

These figures inherently have the age of account in them -- so each Leaderboard restart has the players sorted in an algorithm based on age of account and also meta rank. Adding in RNG within statistically closely ranked leaderboards/ages would further break up 'shard mates.'

Wow. Thanks for the input. That's what I was wondering.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'd be down for this.

It's painful to see my guildmates talk about how they all take turns getting first with thier shardmates, while my shard is an all out war-zone at all times.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    I'd be down for this.

It's painful to see my guildmates talk about how they all take turns getting first with thier shardmates, while my shard is an all out war-zone at all times.

Yes. This.

I am in with a good group of guys on my shard and actually like playing with them but it has become more of a guild then a competition.