Any thoughts on the ships meta?

I'm probably one of the few people who takes the ships arena seriously.

I'm almost always top 20 (around 12 on average, at least thrice a week on the Top 10) but I can't seem to get pass Top 5.

My main strategy is to have biggs get taunt as soon as possible via FOTP or Fives. And have GS and JC spread attack assists for bonus protection. I have Bobba on reinforcement and hopefully he can hit multiple locked on enemies with his attack. I also have wiggs for a massive hit. And TFP which Im planning to replace with Maul's.

I'm running an AA lead (Level 74, Gear IX) and I'm half heartedly thinking of shifting my capital ship. I wish we can have a metareport on ships arena. I'm not sure If I should pour my resources to AA or shift my capital ship? Maybe wait for updates?

Your thoughts and strategies will help me give perspective. Thank you!

Replies

• MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Speed kills and Tie Fighters are fast!
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Scimitar was a game changer for me. Forced taunt to fives or Biggs (even if he already has it) with a counter attack. Fives is great there because he can remove buffs and hit off down. As for leader, built with the right team, any cap ship can shine. I use mace because I find his abilities the most useful for my team.

I think it's safe to say more ship content is coming, so I would feel free to build as much as you want, but I would caution you to not forget about farming zetas from fleet as ships are still not a fully fleshed out feature.
  • Options
    Check out lord skunks ships synergy video and top 10 ships for a helpful insightful video on ships. As for capital ships, ackbar is the best assistant ship to your fleet while mace is god mode when you have ships that can spread target lock everywhere and with ease.
  • Eyi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Im bored to fight always biggs-targetlock teams and didnt want to join but it seems its an instant harakiri to keep doing that
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs, Tie Fighter, Scimitar, Fives, and Slave 1/Tie Advanced/bistan u-wing is a good way to start a battle. This squad is based around ****'s ability and makes sure there are as many target locked enemies as possible. Use Scimitar's ability on biggs so he doubles up on his protection gain. Good reinforcements are ahsoka (dispell), JC (bonus protection), wedge/poe (dps). This team probably wouldnt work as well on defense, but none of them do.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I run tarkin, ties slave ahsoka Biggs to start, scimitar Poe and wedge off the bench. I haven't dropped out of the top 10 in awhile and get top 5 payouts every day. Scimitar putting tfp in stealth is awesome, feeds tarkin 30% tm each evade. Stealth and debuffs give huge damage. I've set up debuffs, stealth, and offense up and saw my tfp land 50k on each basic attack.
  • Options
    Everyone runs the same team due to a limited number of ships. I might see the odd Tie advanced and an occasional Plo Koon ship but pretty much every team is the same.
  • Options
    It's an rng s*** show where no one actually knows how it works
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    It's an rng s*** show where no one actually knows how it works

I agree,the AI will dodge 3xs in a row with Ties and mine get blasted out of the sky,I'm on a tough shard tho,it's a struggle to stay under 200 while a guild mate who does nothing with ships is always in the top 50.
  • Options
    Biggs, FOTF, Umbarran/Ahsoka, JC, Slave 1
  • Options
    I run Plo Koon, GS, JC, CS, Wedge with Ackbar lead. In reserve I have Ahsoka, Biggs, and Tie Fighter. It never loses on offense but probably does pretty bad on defense.

The idea is start with the TM boost with Plo and then kill one or two enemy ships right away. The reserves are there for removing scimtar's retribution, a backup taunt, and some extra TM gains/damage. This doesn't work out on defense because I am pretty sure Plo always taunts first with AI.

Rank-wise I am usually in the top 5 everyday. Fall to 15 on good days and 25 on bad ones. It's also not an easy team to get with Plo needing to be maxed out. Every point of speed on him helped.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My ships are Akbar Lead - Biggs (of course), Ashoka, JC, Imp TIE, and FOTIE. The key is to make FOTIE faster than Imp TIE. This will allow you to try and put Target Lock on opposing Biggs then try to put buff immunity right after. You get that off at the start, it gets really easy after that
  • Options
    Caedas wrote: »
    Scimitar was a game changer for me. Forced taunt to fives or Biggs (even if he already has it) with a counter attack. Fives is great there because he can remove buffs and hit off down. As for leader, built with the right team, any cap ship can shine. I use mace because I find his abilities the most useful for my team.
    The Scimitar really is an amazing ship and I would highly suggest it!

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I probably run the most unique team on my shard. Endurance with Rex's ARC, Ahsoka's, Plo Koon's, Umbaran Starfighter, and FOTF in the starting line up. Jedi Consular's, Clone Sergeant's, and Imperial TF as reinforcements. No Biggs X-Wing, Scimitar, or Slave I. I get 1st every day and don't drop out of the top 10 usually.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I probably run the most unique team on my shard. Endurance with Rex's ARC, Ahsoka's, Plo Koon's, Umbaran Starfighter, and FOTF in the starting line up. Jedi Consular's, Clone Sergeant's, and Imperial TF as reinforcements. No Biggs X-Wing, Scimitar, or Slave I. I get 1st every day and don't drop out of the top 10 usually.

Your team sounds amazing man, I wish I could have such a well developed republic team like yourself.