Slow Sith Assassin?

I was thinking of adding her to my team, but making her slow to give a TM boost after the first round. Does anyone that has her see that as a viable strategy? If yes, who would I drop out of zMaul, zSavage, EP, Nihilus, zKylo?

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Just hope the opponents Maul doesn't daze half your squad.
  • Options
    Palp or Kylo would go. As for slow Assassin, I don't like it. Anyone with a fast Assassin will be increasing cooldowns with Nihilus, throwing Daze out with Maul, and stunning with Palpatine before she had a chance to go.
  • Options
    Drop Kylo. Sith Assassin is great with that team and if slow doesn't work you can always make her faster and use her stun special as the first move. Actually it often works well for me not using the TM increase on the first round.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Just hope the opponents Maul doesn't daze half your squad.

This. If they do, she's useless.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I often use the same strat with Rex, if all my characters TM is close to full I sometimes choose to wait.

For SA you could as well but for reasons others have mentioned the opportunities will probably be less likely.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Someone explain this logic:
    I'm faster than most of the zaul teams on my shard. I give TM boost with SA at the very beginning (she goes first unless opposing team has a faster SA). It's always random who of my sith go first: zaul, ep or nilly. Whoever goes, the opposing zaul team gets a turn and sometimes it's opposing nilly doing extend cd or opposing zaul doing daze -> I'm screwed.

So despite being faster and having SA give the tm boost, I end up being screwed.

What the hell? What am I missing?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    I'm faster than most of the zaul teams on my shard. I give TM boost with SA at the very beginning (she goes first unless opposing team has a faster SA). It's always random who of my sith go first: zaul, ep or nilly. Whoever goes, the opposing zaul team gets a turn and sometimes it's opposing nilly doing extend cd or opposing zaul doing daze -> I'm screwed.

So despite being faster and having SA give the tm boost, I end up being screwed.

You're missing them, and your cooldown reduction isn't working ;)
  • Options
    Sith Assassin needs many turns to continue feeding TM.
  • Options
    It's a risk to run SA slow, IMO. Like what others said, you'd better pray your opponents don't shock/daze/ability block etc you before SA is able to use dark shroud.

My SA is the fastest on my Zaul team (second fastest on my Zihilus team) - I'd rather guarantee that I can get the first attack off and hope my AoE attacks stick so I can continue on the next turn .. instead of gambling that all my opponents are slower than SA and the rest of the team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm just confused, are you too forgetful to just not use that skill first round?

If you are planning to build a team to do what you want when the ai is in control you're gonna have a bad time.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

You're missing them, and your cooldown reduction isn't working ;)

Hmm yeah I need to write down how the opening attack goes. Not paid attention to that. Still feel screwed that on occasion my zaul at around 170 goes 1st instead of my around 210 nilly tho.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback. One more question, with a fast SA, are you guys able to beat triple cleanse Rex teams (Rex, Chaze, GK, Nihilus)? Without landing Daze first, the other team gets a ton of turns.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ^ personally no. Never. Not even with good rng. Top 1-2/3 on my shard have sith trooper and that seems to make a difference (then again they are whales and have whale mods).
  • Options
    mutimloh wrote: »
    Thanks for all of the feedback. One more question, with a fast SA, are you guys able to beat triple cleanse Rex teams (Rex, Chaze, GK, Nihilus)? Without landing Daze first, the other team gets a ton of turns.

I can beat chaze ... I beat chaze + GK on GW without issue (even when I had a poor start due to TM from the previous match). But ST is a tough one, really tough.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

Probably opposing Maul or Nihilus is at 80%+ tm. They dodge your attack and are now at 100% tm and added to the rng pool of yours also at 100% tm and rng picks opponent to go next.
  • Options
    ^ so just grab a popcorn and listen to Thriller while bad code decides on my arena rank. Thank lord I'm only a 21 day c pack purchaser.
  • Options

I can beat chaze ... I beat chaze + GK on GW without issue (even when I had a poor start due to TM from the previous match). But ST is a tough one, really tough.

I have no issues with Stormtrooper. He is pretty easy.
  • Options
    Odin_Noah wrote: »

You mean Sith Trooper? (I was referring to Sith Trooper)
  • Options
    I run Assassin but behind Nihilus so she goes after any equivalently moded Zaul led assassin. This means in my top 10 she always goes after a round of Zaul. She is OK there because I get masses of healing when my guys start going, so they can pull it back and then overtake. I think under any other lead she would be pointless if she is going to be going late.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options

And I was thinking Shore Trooper. Maybe ST not such a good acronym any more....
  • Options

When I run Zaul lead, not really - lots of RNG dependence, at least not easily. When I run Nihilus lead yes, every time.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options

Well, my question is, why aren't you landing Daze first?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    JohnGalt wrote: »

ST = StormTrooper
    ShT = Shore = ShoreTrooper
    SiT = Sith Trooper

Usually best way to reference them imo.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    JohnGalt wrote: »

ST = StormTrooper
    ShT = Shore = ShoreTrooper
    SiT = Sith Trooper

Usually best way to reference them imo.

Yeah I've seen ST all over lately since nobody seems to refer to Stormtroopers anymore lol. I'll just write it out.
  • Options

My team is modded for Maul/daze to go first. If I go to a fast SA, the turn order is random.
  • Options

My team is modded for Maul/daze to go first. If I go to a fast SA, the turn order is random.

When I face a Rex lead that I think might otherwise be a threat, I switch out my mods so only Maul maxes his speed. I give the others extra protection. It takes 20 seconds to move the mods around (ok, ok, 40 seconds since it has to be done twice) and costs about 10k, which is almost nothing.
  • Options
    Just don't use AoE first vs.Rex...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Just don't use AoE first vs.Rex...

Unless it's zaul.