This game is borderline pointless as a competitive game at its current state. And the patch won't he

2Next

Replies

• aeonaxx
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Krix wrote: »
    Really can't see this game lasting. Grind to 60, grind to 70. Play against pure terrible Ai. Never any interactions with other players.
    Game is more like one of those star wars sticker books. Where u had to buy sticker packs (+ a peice of terrible gum)to fill your star wars sticker book. COLLECT THEM ALL!
    Yawn

I agree. Especially its consistent nerfing on toons that people are pursuing accelerates the death of the game. RIP. This game.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »

You brought up some good points but no compelling reasons to stick it out for those who see the game for more than what it is (a decent game pretty much like 1000s of others out there) and are frustrated by it. The whole "It's going to be better" thing, while most likely true, will be missed by the people who will leave as they will find other games or other pursuits and not come back. Why won't they come back? Because you don't leave a freemium game like this and then go back to it. You will be so far behind the curve that you will never ever catch up. And people know this. You are either in all the way or out. That's why people complain so much - they want to be in and they are screaming for some morsel of information that says to them "It'll be ok. Just hang in there".

Personally, I'm still having fun at about the 35 day mark and the update notes are interesting enough for me to keep logging in daily to complete the same sets of tasks but I have no doubt that I will not be in here in 6 months to see these momentous game-changing enhancements. Repetitive games like this just aren't that good and for me are just temporary diversions in between console or PC titles.
    Post edited by Zerx on
  • Options
    I'm just as tired seeing phasmas and Sid all over the place. Nobody even cares that they are just as prevelant.
  • Options
    FYI...you don't need Poe at 7*. I finished 3 today in my hard launch leaderboard with a 5* Poe. And that's where he is staying.
  • Options
    I too joined the poe side of the force. I am farming him and spending my crystal stockpile on cantina energy.

If i can't stay top 50 in arena then my crystal economy collapses and i fall further and further behind.

I gimped myself by getting 5' 7 starred and fully geared.
  • Options
    Take a break, your compitition will thank you.
  • Options
    You don't even need to star him, he literally does the job at 3* as long as rey doesn't oneshot him or something (where I have left mine) just get his gear to max so he goes first.

But yeah, squad arena gameplay is very unfun in my opinion and even GW is mostly same types of teams over and over. After getting this new Jedi if the game is still in the same state it is I was seriously considering taking a break for an extended period of time (likely forever I guess once you leave a game like this it's hard to go back imo) just because I don't enjoy it. It's not about winning or losing, it's just I started this game because it looked like a cool turn based game with a fair number of different strats...only to find out when we hit 70 it is basically a 1 turn game (that occasionally can last 2'turns because the ai is super dumb) with 2'clearly optimal strats and a load of junk characters purely there to be collected...the vast majority not even viable against terrible ai with good amounts of luck.

I'm perfectly capable of joining the bandwagon I'm not whining because of who I farmed etc...but what's the point in winning with almost no gameplay (50% of the time you choose the same 2'out of 3 characters to immediately kill, thus sealing the match...) and no fun or enjoyment to be had.
  • Options
    The game was great fun for the first 2 to 3 weeks. Since then it has become increasingly tedious with every update so far lessening the experience for many players. Paying to grind for the sake of more grinding is only fun if you wish to hire prostitutes. Probably.
  • Options
    I am royally ****** off.

Unless you farm Poe up to 7* you don't have a chance of being in the top 100 in a developed server.

If you only play this casually I'd say put the game down until Poe is nerfed.

Not only do you not need Poe at 7* to be useful, but there is a comp out there that can beat the Poe+mega DPS toons at a 50% rate. ;)
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    I can confirm you do not need Poe to be in top 100
    Or even #1 in a well developed soft launch server full of whales and maxed out teams. You DO NOT NEED POE don't give up
  • Options
    This isn't about needing Poe to win on attack, or even to win on defense. This is about the intimidation that Poe brings with him.

If every available enemy has Poe except old Cosmic Turtle over there with Nightsisters who are you going to attack? The guaranteed victory or the poessibility of victory?

I will be attacked much more than anyone who has Poe.

I know you can beat Poe, I just did.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Well hopefully ventress becomes more reliable after the patch at dispelling. I'm worried about the same thing as you turtle as I don't use Poe, but this games about adversity and it won't be as bad as we all think I'm sure
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Well hopefully ventress becomes more reliable after the patch at dispelling. I'm worried about the same thing as you turtle as I don't use Poe, but this games about adversity and it won't be as bad as we all think I'm sure

Unless Ventress comes with a secret speed buff....no. I switched to Poe. He's useful.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Probably? ;)
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the big picture of this game. Rewarding it is not.
  • Options
    I will try to succeed without Poe, I hate taunt in general And dont want to waste resources on him. Farming QGJ to 7* instead
  • Options
    This isn't about needing Poe to win on attack, or even to win on defense. This is about the intimidation that Poe brings with him.

If every available enemy has Poe except old Cosmic Turtle over there with Nightsisters who are you going to attack? The guaranteed victory or the poessibility of victory?

Maybe the nerf will work tbh. Exposed enemies take quite a bit of damage, so I could see him not being the top dog after the update. I think Rey and QGJ are somewhat quietly taking the top spots
  • Options
    Probably i'm wrong but i've decided to go for QGJ, 2 weeks ago when he was put in cantina, fearing a nerf for poe, but this is'nt happened.. Anyway i've done my math, i'm a lev 70, ftp, usually top 20 of my global launch server, i have maxed out 7-8 toons and i'm going for QGJ (now 4*) and HAN (now 5*) just to search for a break for the meta.. even if my NoPoe-team will fall rank in arena, i really don't care, i just need 100-150 crystal per day, for a single refresh in cantina. I'm done with jedi event, i can do it till 5* the first time it will appear.. I will stop farming QGJ (and so the jedi event) and go for Poe only i fall too much, (more than 100 ranks)
  • Options

Stop with your crying will you? If you're running a Nighsister team everyone can figure out you're running one because of your leader (shocking right?). Besides I have written down everyone in my top30 soft-launch server so this changes nothing for me and for others like me.

And there really isn't that much difference between being #99 and #199 so yeah, unless you were getting top10 during your payout time this changes nothing and if you were getting top10 with your Nightsisters, everyone knows what you run.

So stop with being some pessimistic and acting like that is the end of the world. Your Nightsisters don't deserve to be in top200 in any well-established server in this META so do not act so entitled that your sub-optimal build is not working out for you.
  • Options

Stop with your crying will you? If you're running a Nighsister team everyone can figure out you're running one because of your leader (shocking right?). Besides I have written down everyone in my top30 soft-launch server so this changes nothing for me and for others like me.

And there really isn't that much difference between being #99 and #199 so yeah, unless you were getting top10 during your payout time this changes nothing and if you were getting top10 with your Nightsisters, everyone knows what you run.

So stop with being some pessimistic and acting like that is the end of the world. Your Nightsisters don't deserve to be in top200 in any well-established server in this META so do not act so entitled that your sub-optimal build is not working out for you.

Why can't he act entitled to having a good team? Are you saying his team of 7* chars are not worthy because they are not the same characters every other team in the top 200 are running?
    Not everybody writes down everybody's teams, while you are working on knowing everyone's team the rest of us are working on what else this game has to offer.. The way it's meant to be played. Don't talk about this meta as if it's God and was made on purpose, this meta is a complete mistake and fails to do this game justice. If a players play style doesn't fit the meta, then it's the games fault not the players.

This game is supposed to inspire diversity and ingenuity not squash it with 1 boring cookie cutter meta.
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    Probably i'm wrong but i've decided to go for QGJ, 2 weeks ago when he was put in cantina, fearing a nerf for poe, but this is'nt happened.. Anyway i've done my math, i'm a lev 70, ftp, usually top 20 of my global launch server, i have maxed out 7-8 toons and i'm going for QGJ (now 4*) and HAN (now 5*) just to search for a break for the meta.. even if my NoPoe-team will fall rank in arena, i really don't care, i just need 100-150 crystal per day, for a single refresh in cantina. I'm done with jedi event, i can do it till 5* the first time it will appear.. I will stop farming QGJ (and so the jedi event) and go for Poe only i fall too much, (more than 100 ranks)

Umm, he got nerfed. QGJ is probably the better character now. If you're top 20, you obviously can beat Poe teams already. The guy I compete with for #1 most days doesn't use Poe and uses 7* QGJ. Stop complaining will ya
  • Options
    FakeRobbo wrote: »

Why can't he act entitled to having a good team? Are you saying his team of 7* chars are not worthy because they are not the same characters every other team in the top 200 are running?
    Not everybody writes down everybody's teams, while you are working on knowing everyone's team the rest of us are working on what else this game has to offer.. The way it's meant to be played. Don't talk about this meta as if it's God and was made on purpose, this meta is a complete mistake and fails to do this game justice. If a players play style doesn't fit the meta, then it's the games fault not the players.

This game is supposed to inspire diversity and ingenuity not squash it with 1 boring cookie cutter meta.

I'm saying that team is not worthy because it is not a meta team. Meta fades away and it is not a constant thing, the next meta might be the Nightsisters.

There is no definitive way a game is meant to played, there are multiple ways and being competitive is one. I cherry pick my fights on the highest % chance I can win them when RNG affects the game so much. And you simply didn't play any competitive online game now did you, if you don't abide by meta you have to make -up for it with individual skill, since this game does not have such component you have to abide by meta if you want to be competitive, simple as that.

There is always one meta, not multiple ones.
  • Options

I'm saying that team is not worthy because it is not a meta team. Meta fades away and it is not a constant thing, the next meta might be the Nightsisters.

There is no definitive way a game is meant to played, there are multiple ways and being competitive is one. I cherry pick my fights on the highest % chance I can win them when RNG affects the game so much. And you simply didn't play any competitive online game now did you, if you don't abide by meta you have to make -up for it with individual skill, since this game does not have such component you have to abide by meta if you want to be competitive, simple as that.

This isn't a game that's meant to have any one clear meta, you can see from day 1 the developers are trying to create a game where skill conquers, not 1 character.

You said it yourself there is no definitive way a game is meant to be played, then why attack other players for choosing their own way which I would say IS the way the game is meant to be played. As they say.. "don't hate the player, hate the game" as the game is clearly the problem here.
  • Options
    @DefinitivePoeCounter

Arena was already bad enough and it is only going to get worse.

Yes, some heroes should be more powerful than others, but not to the extent that they are now.
    Not to the extent that half of all available heroes are never seen in Arena. Not to the extent that three leaders make up 86% of the entire top 200 of my server.
  • Options
    @DefinitivePoeCounter

Yes, some heroes should be more powerful than others, but not to the extent that they are now.
    Not to the extent that half of all available heroes are never seen in Arena. Not to the extent that three leaders make up 86% of the entire top 200 of my server.

I disagree, I don't think any hero should be more powerful than the other, but a certain combination of characters are always stronger hence the meta.

But I agree regarding leaders, there are only a handful of them which are usable.
  • Options
    @DefinitivePoeCounter

I disagree, I don't think any hero should be more powerful than the other, but a certain combination of characters are always stronger hence the meta.

But I agree regarding leaders, there are only a handful of them which are usable.

I don't mean far more powerful than another, I mean every hero should have strengths and weaknesses, some heroes should be slightly more powerful than others, but they should he beatable. And those powerful heroes shouldn't be the only ones seen in Arena.
  • Options

This isn't a game that's meant to have any one clear meta, you can see from day 1 the developers are trying to create a game where skill conquers, not 1 character.

You said it yourself there is no definitive way a game is meant to be played, then why attack other players for choosing their own way which I would say IS the way the game is meant to be played. As they say.. "don't hate the player, hate the game" as the game is clearly the problem here.

There is always one meta, do you not know the meaning of it? There are always multiple strong options but there is only one optimal build out there and it is Poe+turn7 DPS.
  • Options

There is always one meta, do you not know the meaning of it? There are always multiple strong options but there is only one optimal build out there and it is Poe+turn7 DPS.

I do, and having one only viable option to winning is completely wrong and goes against the entire point of the game. Anybody who is happy with this should not be playing this game.