What dictates GW difficulty?

Prev1
Just curious as to why sometimes I can make it all the way to the end, and other days I get locked up at the end 2 or 3 battles? Is it based on Arena rank cause that's all I can think of that really changes...?

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Not arena rank. The combined power of your top 5 toons
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    Not arena rank. The combined power of your top 5 toons
    You're right, it is definitely not the arena rank. But top5 toons is also is not confirmed. Could also be the arena power which you see in Guild Overview. But nobody knows for sure.
    Maybe a week ago I had that easy node 12 again. The only thing I changed on my relevant toons was changing a mod for EP. The day after that I was back to hard node 12 again.
  • Options
    Its based on your arena power. In most cases its related to your top 5 toons as you would use them in Arena. Did some research and ratio on each node comparing to your arena power is something like this - results rounded up in %
    75, 75, 85,
    75, 75, 115,
    95, 95, 125,
    105, 125, 140

This doesn't explain easy N12, but that behaviour is known to devs.

Only good solution is to have wide roster and dont use too many tanks in your arena team.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's not arena power. Not everyone has their top 5 toons in their arena team.

I sure don't and I have the bugged node 12.
  • Options
    I calculate on the daily GW.
    N6 95%
    N7 75%
    N8 75%
    N9 100%
    N10 85%
    N11 105%
    N12 115%

The purcentage is the purcentage of your 5 powerful toons.

If the game don't find an opponent with 115% of the power of your 5 powerful toons, you'll have an easy N12 !

Sorry for my English, I'm a French player !
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    totalkow wrote: »
    Sry just made me think of this xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9DCAFUerzs
  • Options
    Top 5 toons power combined. Not arena or anything. I rencently pass 5 and echo g11 (i had never use those guys in arena) and from now on, i have weak node 12.

The weak node happens when you bust the overall power score, let's say you have a 52k power (power of 5 toons combined as stated ahead) so the algorithm is looking for a 52k+20%, if the result doesn't exist....you get freebies as node 12.
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the response everyone. I was hoping to cheat the system a bit and farm credits and the few shards you get here and there so I have been letting myself fall in the arena. But I guess there is no point now.

Guess I'm gonna have to up some other took teams to help myself out.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    N6 95%
    N7 75%
    N8 75%
    N9 100%
    N10 85%
    N11 105%
    N12 115%

If the game don't find an opponent with 115% of the power of your 5 powerful toons, you'll have an easy N12 !

Your English is very good. Much better than my French. :)

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    N6 95%
    N7 75%
    N8 75%
    N9 100%
    N10 85%
    N11 105%
    N12 115%

It's not your 5 most powerful toons but the arena power that shows under your name in the guild screen. That is based on the highest power lineup you've ever won arena with. I've tested this before when I had around 43k power and was getting real 12th nodes then put a 47k power team in and started getting cupcake ones.

Edit: sorry meant won an arena match with
    Post edited by Zooey on
  • Options
    Mine is 49K, and I don't get cupcakes, so there's that.
  • Options
    No one knows. I had gear 6s past node 6 yesterday, not 1 or 2 but full teams. GW has converted to devout worship of RNGesus.
  • Options
    The difficulty is based on an inverse relationship to the power of CUP. I have a measly middling CUP, so my GW is pretty easy. I have several mates with Maxed out CUP and they can full auto GW every time with B-list actors toons.

I'm quite sure people with GW problems have not yet given CUP his due's. Please correct.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    N6 95%
    N7 75%
    N8 75%
    N9 100%
    N10 85%
    N11 105%
    N12 115%

It's not your 5 most powerful toons but the arena power that shows under your name in the guild screen. That is based on the highest power lineup you've ever won arena with. I've tested this before when I had around 43k power and was getting real 12th nodes then put a 47k power team in and started getting cupcake ones.

I have a bugged node 11 and 12 ... not sure if it's due to me using a troll team once before, but I once put my top 5 players for the heck of it on arena and won .. was a 54,000 power team so maybe that did it for me
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

There is something important we are missing, I would guess it has to do with timing... when your toons change vs when nodes break.

I recently broke and unbroke and rebroke node 11. The only thing that changed was my top 5 toons power.

First break was when I completed Palp and he hit the top 5.
    Unbreak occurred when I changed mods and he dropped to 6.
    Rebreak occurred when I completed Kylo and he broke into top 5.

My arena power stat stayed at 50450 (in guild management) from my last attempt to break node 11 with my top 5 toons (at the time) in arena, which didn't work. At the time I thought I just needed more power.

So while I think there is some other factor, I think top 5 is much closer to reality than arena win/power stat.

• Options
    My top 5 is almost 50K, my arena Team is 49K, i recently stopped getting cupcakes, and I haven't seen one in 3 weeks. None of the theories people have said to date are correct. I had a cupcake, my top 5 and arena team power both increased, yet my cupcake went away.
  • Options
    My top 5 is almost 50K, my arena Team is 49K, i recently stopped getting cupcakes, and I haven't seen one in 3 weeks. None of the theories people have said to date are correct. I had a cupcake, my top 5 and arena team power both increased, yet my cupcake went away.

I think so too. CUP comments aside, I really do notice an increase in difficulty when I finished GW the day before -- as opposed to restarting it half way through because I don't care/don't have time/don't have Boba because he died fighting Chaze previously. Those restarts without finishing always leave the next GW nodes much easier.

I have no evidence outside my experiences, like much of this game.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I get easy node 12's most of the time, ever since a few weeks back. I also had them for a long time in the fall. I noticed that before getting the easy 12, I started getting a mishmash of tanks, almost like it was failing to find a match, and just picking some random player's top 5 heroes in power. This was pretty obvious with a squad like RG (lead), Sunfac, Chewie, Old Ben, Vader, and their order was in that of descending power.
    But every once in a while I'll get a challenging node 12 again, usually on Tuesday or the weekend. Sometimes it'll be a bunch of top 5 tanks or high health heroes (such as Sunfac (L), zNihilus, RG, Shore, Baze that I faced the other day), and other times it'll be an actual squad (like Kenobi, Chaze, Aayla, zKylo). So getting a match seems related to who's actually playing as well, as both my top 5 and arena power don't change (esp. doing the 2 GW's on Tuesday night - 1 easy 12, 1 hard 12).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    to get easy node 12, just make sure no core toons (with high power usually) die between node 9-11.
  • Options
    to get easy node 12, just make sure no core toons (with high power usually) die between node 9-11.

I can go from node 1 through to node 12 without losing anyone, daily, and I don't get easy node. That statement doesnt work.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Now you're just making stuff up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The only pattern I see to GW is that it gets progressively harder, but node 6, 9 and 11 are ridiculously hard. Node 12 is usually a gimme.

If it's based on points, then it's broken out of the gate because the games point/power system doesn't work. It doesn't take synergy into account, and that's an enormous factor in team performance. It's how you get a 35k point Wiggs team blowing away a 45k point Jedi team. Until synergy is included in the calculations, team power rating means nothing. And if that's the case, GW trying to calculate enemy strength purely based on power rating means nothing, as well.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely not, I clear complete GW without losing a single toon in most of the times.
  • Options
    N6 95%
    N7 75%
    N8 75%
    N9 100%
    N10 85%
    N11 105%
    N12 115%

yH9J87y.gif
    JeGqSsf.png
    It's not your 5 most powerful toons ...
    Yes it is
    ... but the arena power that shows under your name in the guild screen.
    No it isn't

Although, it is possible that both play a role.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    N6 95%
    N7 75%
    N8 75%
    N9 100%
    N10 85%
    N11 105%
    N12 115%

yH9J87y.gif
    JeGqSsf.png
    Yes it is
    No it isn't

Thanks for the data. Did you track your guild arena power in this span? Are you using the top 5 highest power toons of yours in arena?

I'm basing it upon what I've seen and what my guild (BHG) has told me in the past. But if your datas accurate, then it seems to be pretty conclusively based on top 5 power.
  • Options
    N6 95%
    N7 75%
    N8 75%
    N9 100%
    N10 85%
    N11 105%
    N12 115%

yH9J87y.gif
    JeGqSsf.png
    Yes it is
    No it isn't

Thanks for the data. Did you track your guild arena power in this span? Are you using the top 5 highest power toons of yours in arena?

I'm basing it upon what I've seen and what my guild (BHG) has told me in the past. But if your datas accurate, then it seems to be pretty conclusively based on top 5 power.

The answer to your first question is yes. Answer to your second question is no. But I am now using two of them in Arena. My top5 is now 49280, and my Arena power is 47486, also shown in guild screen.

If you are interested in the underlying data (I don't update this anymore): https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/66883/galactic-war-power-by-node-where-are-we-now
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The only pattern I see to GW is that it gets progressively harder, but node 6, 9 and 11 are ridiculously hard. Node 12 is usually a gimme.

That's only true for you because you have reached whatever power level causes the calculation to give the broken node. Until you reach that point, node 12 is the hardest (120% of whatever it's using to calculate your power or something). Once it no longer has a team to give you at 120% because you are too powerful, node 12 becomes a gimme.
  • Options
    I used to get easy 12, then didn't anymore after the lvl 85 cap increase. A couple weeks ago, I used my top five power toons in a GW node for the first time and have gotten easy 12s again consistently but not exclusively. I had not changed any mods or star oevels or gear equips in at least a week as of the day I got the easy 12 back. It also had nothing to do with my arena squad, as I went from a 44k power Zader squad to a 36k power Zaul squad a week or two before.