Is it me or does Darth Sidious make you seemingly invincible (figurativeley)?

As I've gained levels and started playing in the upper ranks, I'm finding that having Darth Sidious in your ranks makes things way easier. Preventing other characters from healing makes it easy to pick them off fast, reducing the amount of damage the other side can inflict over time. When fighting other squads with him in the squad arena, if I don't take him down in the first two to three turns I just write that battle off as I lose one or two characters shortly thereafter because I can't heal them.

How do you combat Darth Sidous?

Replies

• Options
    Depends on who I am fighting. If there isnt someone more dangerous (high DPS) just try to take him out early. Other way is carrying a squad members with high tenacity or Luke Skywalker as leader.
  • Options
    Honestly, I have no idea what tenacity does. I've never seen an explanation of it.
  • Options
    To answer your question, it is you. At least with your current level and heroes.

Second, click on a hero in the character section and below their image is a little circle with three bars, click on that. Scroll to tenacity and it will have a description.

Lastly, Sid is good as noted, but not the best, and easily defeated at higher levels, especially in arena where the match is usually over in 2-3 turns anyway. In GW I usually focus him down first unless, as noted previously, there is someone more dangerous.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, very useful, which is why he's on so many teams. Not sure who are running, but I usually focus him down first in GW, because I aim to take the same 5 guys through GW and having a heal block on them is deadly.
    Having fast characters with extra attacks and status effects helps a lot. My GW team now includes Dooku, Daka and GS, usually. Between them, Sid gets one attack on me and he is toast (unless there's someone much more dangerous. If I can't kill him fast, I stun him. If I can't do either I swap out GS for my Sid and try to beat him at his own game.
    A counter-attacker like Dooku can help a lot because he likes to AoE early and the counters can knock him down far enough that a striker can take him out.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum!

Life is easier with Sid!
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Sid is a very tough cookie, usually is the first guy i take down, unless the opposing team also have Daka, or TiePilot, or IG-88, or obv Poe. My strategy is try to stun Poe, if not then kill Poe -> IG-88 -> TiePilot -> Daka -> Sid.

And obviously I always go in GW with Sid, I can't think who can replace him. My team is Barris/Phasma lead (depends if GW or Arena) then Lumi - IG86 - Daka - Sid. I have Poe 4* and IG88 5*, soon they will take their spot in the team, but is not going to be easy, i mean, i love daka's stun, lumi's heal, ig86 crits, and sid, so...
  • Options
    Also, Sid's heal block doesn't work on Barris' healing ability, as her 'heal' is a redistribution of health across characters.
  • Shooting4life
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sid is over rated for end game, especially for arena and gw. He is usually one of the last toons I attack in arena. He doesn't do much damage. I target him in gw though because of heal block. In arena having heal block on your toon doesn't really matter. I would rather use a special dps attack from a toon than a 3-4K heal when that is just one attack worth of damage.

I have lumi and Sid on my arena team since they are both fully geared/starred but both will be replaced with ig-86 and qgj once they are starred and geared.
  • Options
    That isn't entirely true. The first part of the heal works, but the heal itself does not work.
  • Options
    Usually 1 86 or GS special takes him out in arena on the first turn. Sometimes he gets his AOE off, sometimes he doesn't. Either way he isn't anything I fear. I'd much rather line up across from him than Dooku or someone stupid that is going to get a counter and somehow end up getting 4 attacks from that do to overly try hard RNG.
  • Options
    Depends on your team. Usually he's the third character I go after, but I have crazy dps and usually face equally scary dps teams. As you move up the leaderboard, heals become a less viable strategy, because characters can 1 - 2 shot your characters and a heal usually won't save them anyways.

With that said, try going after their slower characters and ignoring Sid at first. If you can kill Lumi for example before she attacks, your team will take a lot less damage and not need a heal as early.
  • Options
    Sid great in everything but Arena because his self heal. But in Arena most heal is less important. Sid has low health and prone to be easiest to take out.
  • Options
    Another benefit (or pain if he is on the opposing team) is his heal on any death. Combine that with lumi health up every turn and an ocassional heal, you will have a tough time taking him out if things don't go your way.
  • Options
    Another benefit (or pain if he is on the opposing team) is his heal on any death. Combine that with lumi health up every turn and an ocassional heal, you will have a tough time taking him out if things don't go your way.

If Vader was a bit better, I'd love to try a Sid, Vader, IG88, Lumi, Dooku team. Vader and Sid can lay dots, IG88 can then crush and ability block, while Lumi sits back and heals 'em all. Dooku is just there to counter all the AoEs. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    There are ways to deal with him, of course. If your team has a healer in it then he needs to be at the top of your priority list for kills. Luckily he's pretty squishy, so this isn't usually difficult unless he goes ninja with the dodges.

If you don't have a healer, then you're probably running a hyper-DPS squad, and you can pretty much ignore him until the opposing team's glass cannons are gone.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    LMAO...I was thinking the exact opposite, Sidious dies super fast and easy. I cant wait to replace him. A lot of fights all I get out of him is his AoE, then he countered by Dooku then the opponent AoEs and he dies.
  • Options
    In GW, he's usually the 1st target. In Arena, I disregard his heal block. Since Lumi's heal carries over for 2 turns, I use her heal 1st turn.

Depending on server levels, that single heal should either be all you need or you were dead anyway.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome. :) I actually don't use Sid in GW at all, I've setup a pretty effective team with Luminara, QJ, Chewey, Talia, and the Jedi Consular. The only teams I occasionally have issues with are ones with Sid on them. I've modified that team to replace Talia with Sid for Squad Arena and it's made things a lot easier. As I mentioned above, Sid/Kylo are always my first targets.

Luminara has been my work horse though, she has that fantastic heal and can put out damage. I just have to watch her health. Thanks for all the answers!
  • Options
    Another character that has great synergies with Sid is CUP. His speed, stun, and crit chance are already high. The boost from Sid's leader ability really makes him hard to stop. Farm him!