Vader

I just unlocked him, but should I even use him? I look at all the Team Builds on here, and I never see him on any of them.

Replies

• Options
    I just recently got him as well and have about 18 extra shards towards promoting but do not see it happening anytime soon lol, I personally don't use him, by the time I got him most of my other good toons are way past him, so I will follow this thread to see what others say, so far I am not wasting time leveling him or gearing him, as I said I will probably not get close to promoting him for a very long time.

Great question though, can't wait to read some answers.
  • Options
    As he is right now, no...
  • Options
    nah

since you cant star him up he's almost useless

i level'd him up to 50 (im lvl 68) just to use him in a few daily challenges and dark side missions. Also use him as a pawn later in GW.
  • Options
    The issue is that Vader can't get up to 7* due to the way his shards work. He has pretty limited synergy as well, since there are very few good Empire characters and Grand Moff Tarkin is also unfarmable. Additionally, the current way the meta works favors fast damage, Assists + Counters to gain turn advantage, and speed, and Vader is moderate speed, has no assists/counters, and takes time to do his worst with his AoE + Culling Blade.

The change to Damage over Time effects will really help him - 3 stacks of DoT is a big deal and now it can kill. Despite that, the star level thing really holds him back. IF he could be 7* I think he'd be played quite a bit especially post-update, as he hits hard, has a good kit, and has a massive amount of HP all while being in the middle speed tier (not great, not bad). That being said, he's not awful at 4* and he's a good fill-in in GW.
  • Options
    I'm using Vader at 4* gear IIIV in top 5 arena still. I use an AOE squad. I admit my last battle I may sub in Poe to hold spot. He is useful when you gear up because he has high health. He will be even more useful after update because the dots can kill a hero at zero
  • Options
    I'm using Vader at 4* gear IIIV in top 5 arena still. I use an AOE squad. I admit my last battle I may sub in Poe to hold spot. He is useful when you gear up because he has high health. He will be even more useful after update because the dots can kill a hero at zero

I 100% agree with this. I use Vader all the time and I actually hold rank decently. I am worried a little about people being able to see I run with Vader and attack me more.
  • Options
    Vader is pretty useful. Team synergy matters