Phasma stop farming?

Hinch87
9 posts Member
edited February 2016
People keep saying phasma is getting nerfed and to stop farming. However how much is she getting nerfed? I mean all I see is that her victory march skill, non attacking move, won't proc her leader ability but is that a really big deal? I can't see how it is

edited title.
Post edited by FashionFett on

Replies

• Options
    That and other characters can't use non attack moves for her ability to proc. I decided not to farm her, since my Poe will taunt turn 1, my Poggle will buff turn one, and I'd want victory march up turn one, which means I'd only have 2 characters attacking to possibly get extra dmg in. If everyone else on your team will be attacking, she's def still good.

I was still tempted to get her, but decided on 86
  • Options
    I run phasma lead. The nerf doesn't really matter.

Phasma paired with Poe is great. Ideally, I'll have 6-7 attacks (without the calls from phasma's leader ability) because of the speed down from Poe and speed up from phasma.
  • Options
    I've not heard of a nerf yet
  • Options
    It isn't a nerf, it's a bug correction. You will see her drop very quickly from the leader boards when the patch goes live and she stops calling an assist 21 times per match.
  • Options
    yeah, her leader ability proc does help teams that run her do A LOT more damage than they will after the patch. speaking of, is there an actual release date or is everyone still speculating?
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Jesse said next week was the plan but maybe delayed.
  • Options
    goobstoob wrote: »
    yeah, her leader ability proc does help teams that run her do A LOT more damage than they will after the patch. speaking of, is there an actual release date or is everyone still speculating?
    No release date, but they said it should be ready to go live sometime next week :)
  • Options
    Because her victory march wont call in an assist. That's one move. I guess I can see how others non attack moves wont trigger it but is it really worth it to stop farming her? Is poggle the way better alternative? I was hoping to go a kylo, QGJ, dooku, Sid/lumi and than phasma. Would poggle be better at this point? I probably will farm poe after QGJ
  • Options
    Hinch87 wrote: »
    Because her victory march wont call in an assist. That's one move. I guess I can see how others non attack moves wont trigger it but is it really worth it to stop farming her? Is poggle the way better alternative? I was hoping to go a kylo, QGJ, dooku, Sid/lumi and than phasma. Would poggle be better at this point? I probably will farm poe after QGJ

I honestly don't know. I just finished 7* 86 so I am actually debating this too. I have a 4* poggle but I don't have phasma at all. I'm just not sure if I should max out poggle first or go with phasma. both seem viable leaders on a droid squad if the pitchforks don't get put down and poe gets nerfed further than he already is.
  • Options
    Hinch87 wrote: »

I honestly don't know. I just finished 7* 86 so I am actually debating this too. I have a 4* poggle but I don't have phasma at all. I'm just not sure if I should max out poggle first or go with phasma. both seem viable leaders on a droid squad if the pitchforks don't get put down and poe gets nerfed further than he already is.

Apart from Poe, 4 stars just doesn't cut it at all. I recommend get Poggle to 5 stars and by that time, the patch will be released. You'll have a bigger picture of how Phasma will behave then. You have to understand that patches et al never work out the exact way as intended.

On a droid team, I'd take Poggle over Phasma any day, though.
  • Options
    This really isn't a nerf, maybe it is depends on how you look at it, however, I have her maxed out and if you're contemplating on farming phasma, do it. She is an awesome character.
  • Options
    This really isn't a nerf, maybe it is depends on how you look at it, however, I have her maxed out and if you're contemplating on farming phasma, do it. She is an awesome character.

What level is your basic attack? Mine's at 4 and I'm prioritizing my B team abilities before her. All rest abilities are maxed for all of my A team.

I gathered that she anyway doesn't use her basic much so (2 important specials) ... What do you think? Does her basic get much better and should I get it maxed?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

The average team of 5 guys has at best 3 guys who have a non-atttack action, as many characters only have attacks (like Sid, QGJ, IG86, IG88, HK47, Rey, Dooku, Fives, Kylo, tie Pilot, etc). Those non attack abilities, like Poe's taunt, Luminara's heal or Poggle's buff, have cooldowns and are used once per combat. 16-18% proc of 3 actions per combat means Phasma was doing one extra proc every other battle or so.
    I wouldn't expect a drastic reduction of the number of phasma leaded teams justo because she lost half a proc per battle.
  • Options
    Anybody who calls what's happening to Phasma a nerf is ****, it's a balance not a nerf, know the difference.
  • Dilligaf
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Anybody who calls what's happening to Phasma a nerf is ****, it's a balance not a nerf, know the difference.

Dude technically it's not a balance it's a bug fix , slow your roll on the insults.

Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?
    Roger roger
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    The average team of 5 guys has at best 3 guys who have a non-atttack action, as many characters only have attacks (like Sid, QGJ, IG86, IG88, HK47, Rey, Dooku, Fives, Kylo, tie Pilot, etc). Those non attack abilities, like Poe's taunt, Luminara's heal or Poggle's buff, have cooldowns and are used once per combat. 16-18% proc of 3 actions per combat means Phasma was doing one extra proc every other battle or so.
    I wouldn't expect a drastic reduction of the number of phasma leaded teams justo because she lost half a proc per battle.

This.
  • Options

What level is your basic attack? Mine's at 4 and I'm prioritizing my B team abilities before her. All rest abilities are maxed for all of my A team.

I gathered that she anyway doesn't use her basic much so (2 important specials) ... What do you think? Does her basic get much better and should I get it maxed?

My basic is level 7 maxed. She uses her basic quite a bit actually. With her leader proc, and increased turn meter from her special.