Is Finn that bad?

All I've heard from people is that he is sub par and not that great. Is he that bad? He looks really good though... Am I missing something? Only problem is that he has non-AoE and doesnt have special damage. Is it the only physical damage that is the problem? or is he really weak? His Crackshot ability sounds very useful. Idk can anyone give a full analysis or reflect on him in a good way?

Replies

• Options
    I don't think I've ever run into him, be it in Arena or GW. Just because no one uses him doesn't mean that he doesn't have untapped potential. There are probably countless synergies yet to be discovered. I think people mainly don't like the fact the he's a tank without a taunt.
  • Options
    I have borrowed a 7* G8 and he surprised me with the damage he did.

That's about all I can say about him.
  • Options
    I agree with the Wookie. Crack Shot hits for 4.5k base for first hit (unbuffed). Second skill is just terrible and 3rd skill is solid. I like him but can't imagine the pain of farming him from the ground-up.
  • Options
    Solid attack but slow, expensive to farm and wastes a turn to self buff (advantage and defense up) .

Any of the 3 cons I mentioned should be enough to make him bad. Only the whales can give a better picture of his utility. Mine's at 4 stars and staying there until defense up means something.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He is well rounded, which un this gsme it's a bad thing. Also he wastes a skill to get defense up, and defensa up is useless because defense is useless.
  • Options
    As a user of Finn as my arena leader, I can say that I never use the second skill unless it's a 2v2 type of situation and I need the self heal as a gamble.

I survive many scary teams of Poes and 88's and FOTP's that all get to fire before me. Trick is to know when to use his main (when you fire first on a unit) or third skill (when you know the main skill won't kill the unit, therefore it's a good bet to try and stun/expose it instead).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I think with a slight buff he could be decent.

As others have said, he's far too slow. His leadership skill could potentially be great, but needs more good resistance units.

I unlocked him and he's useful in GW and for the tank challenge, but other than that he's a bit of a waste.

+ decent damage, good third skill, v.good health.

- super slow, sucky second skill, not enough synergy.

Bottom line he's not terrible, but he's just not worth farming when there are other far better toons to be focusing on.
  • Options
    I have it at 4* star, used in a resistance team is fine but not for pvp at the moment. The reason? Too low, good damage but nothing special, and stun is rare. It's a pity cause is one of my favourite characters, I'd love to can use a resistance team in arena, but at the moment it will get owned.
  • Options
    I played a resistance team with Poe, Rey, R Pilot, R Trooper and Finn as lead. He did pretty well in the lineup, but I still pulled out a win. He's just a little slow and there are better stun characters imo
  • Options
    Since there isn't only arena to think about, I shuld add this: Finn is my MVP in GW. Self heal is pretty cool there. He lasts all 12 nodes every day. I never use taunts in GW unless I let the taunter die. Having a tank that can work without taunts in GW saves me lots of trouble and makes it easier on the healers.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I have a 5* G8 Finn lvl 69 used him in arena until I farmed GS and replaced him. Crackshot gets around 4k damage (first shot only at a single opponent) crits around 5-6k. Never use the second ability it's just a waste of a turn takedown is good as it can stun and expose. Slow as a wet wick which is his downfall. Has plenty of hp. Use him in GW performs well only place I use the second ability to heal himself. Does great in gear challenge stuns Windu on 70-80% of the time. Not overly impressed if I could go back would probably focus on GS or other high damage dealers.
  • Options
    I have used Finn with the idea that he is to main attack a Poe Exposed target. The attack boost should be enough to kill or mortally wound. If no one is Exposed or Poes is resisted by your main threat or you need to stun you use the special. When Poe is dead you use the Stormtrooper ability... Maybe. His AI is horrible.
  • Options
    My first post!...I was third until 5-10 minutes ago and dropped to fourth using Qui-Gon as leader, Darth Sid, Finn, Kylo Ren and Lumi. All lvl 61 and gear level VII. Finn seems to take damage well, and combined with Qui for double attack (triggers a lot the two from my experience) with Hold the Line expose active, it can usually one shot a opposing tune.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    I played a resistance team with Poe, Rey, R Pilot, R Trooper and Finn as lead. He did pretty well in the lineup, but I still pulled out a win. He's just a little slow and there are better stun characters imo

Why not Poe as lead?
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    Finn is a boss in GW. Never used him in arena.
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    Finn is a boss in GW. Never used him in arena.

Agreed. Hits hard (once per target) and has a stun/expose. Just a bit slow.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I devoted all resources to Finn and Poe as soon as they became available.

As a non whale (light pay to play until the last 7 day subscription) with a 7* Finn... I don't know what to tell you.

He's handy?

He doesn't shine brightly, but as far as first hit damage goes, you know he won't be the first targeted toon and will probably get off a shot. I just hope you don't need a second.

I use him in my starting arena squad from necessity until I have credits/droids/mats to bring geo s in to replace him.

Slow speed means he can always take advantage of offensive buffs his first turn.

Hold the Line is usually only handy during GW, or some odd times when last man standing against a Dooku or 5's and I look forward to all three effects and getting another turn closer to a possible expose/stun.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    He is definately NOT bad. He is good. One of tanks. Tanks will get their meta soon and resistance will make an appearance in Arena and GW People are just narrowminded like 4 weeks ago when everyone annointed phasma to be better than poe. now poe is poe. but those who don't invest or play or know will just be angry when Finn is seen as OP when in the right meta and combo. it's easy to fit him in anywhere. but people think his 2nd ability is bad. it's actually great. Finn at 6 stars will be good. Reason why Finn has so many places to farm? Get him! Rey too. In 3 weeks when she is unlocked by those who "know" she will be everywhere. but now, people are still farming her. why not also farm Finn to 6 stars? He's so easy and will be so great