Help! First zeta. Zader or ZGJ. Empire or Jedi for arena?

StarWhales
235 posts Member
edited April 2017
https://swgoh.gg/u/maljr1980/

Just reaching level 85 in the next few days, dec 16 shard. Don't know what to do for arena with zetas coming up. I have 9/20 so far. My current arena team

EP (L) 5* g10 +92spd
Vader 6* g11 +74spd
Shore 6* g10 50k prot
TFP 7 * g10 +88 spd
Boba 7* g10 +83 spd

I can place first in both arenas, and fall to 10-15.
With zetas coming up I'm not sure which direction to go. I can keep my arena team and go with Vader for help with raids then next on boba for help with arena.

I could change to a sith team and go on maul then savage, but they are only gear 8 and 9 and will have to be geared up.

Can I be arena viable with good mods and Jedi without GK. I have g10 and 7* with max abilities for Ahsoka, Yoda, and QGJ. I'm farming and gearing Aayla, and JKA with IMG ready to unlock and farm and gear.

Would zQGJ, zYoda, ahsoka, aayla, and Anakin be better than my current team with zVader and zBoba?
Post edited by StarWhales on

Replies

• Options
    I have a lot of wiggs/chaze +1, or EP(L) teams on my shard. A first order squad with zKylo, and a Bounty hunters/zKylo squad that is hard to beat.
  • Options
    Nobody knows what to do with a zeta?
  • Options
    If you are focusing on arena, then it depends on your shard and the competition. But realize that it is going to change as well. It is a moving Target. You adjust, they adjust, and so on.
  • Options
    with the toons you have, zVader would be a safe bet...you can solo the heroic rancor raid with it
  • Options
    I know zeta on Vader is only for raids, and boba isn't great, but the only thing that will boost my arena team. My arena team is pretty strong at the moment, so boba would be my 2nd zeta if I go this route.

There are no Jedi team that I deal with in arena. I think it might be fun to zeta QGJ and yoda while I get aayla and Anakin arena ready, then overnight switch to a completely new team no one has seen on my shard, and see if a double zeta Jedi squad can wreak havoc and hold rank.
  • Options
    I would stick with Zader to collect shards Zqgj isn't an amazing squad plus Jedi aren't used anywhere else with Zader you have a strong rancor and p2 Haat team stared stick to the characters that can do more for you then go to specialized toons
  • Options
    Jedi are used in HAAT...

But Zader I think. That's the direction I'm headed.
  • Options
    Zqgj without gk cannot hold rank at all. But still it's a solid team to fight all empire teams and many zauls
  • aus10
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Probs Zader first.
  • Options
    It's all shard dependant of course, but zVader , ep tie zBoba and shore will tangle with pretty much any team,
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/clonegunther/

My first zeta was qgj, very tricky to tackle those chaze and zmaul teams now, works a treat for zader teams though if you have a fast yoda. I was competitive for awhile often placing first at payout now relegated to 10-5. Also this lead doesn't help a great deal in AAT raid.

My second zeta was vader, very useful for placing high in rancor and getting extra gear and cash. IMO will help in the long run when needing to gear up toons. This team can score well in p2 and p4 for AAT aswell.

Third zeta coming shortly moving on over the the maul teams to be more competitive in arena.

Best of luck with you decision, hope this helps.
  • Thiff
    40 posts Member
    Options
    You're reaching 85 and 9/20? What were you doing for the last two months???!!!
    But to answer your question
    I would go Zader.
    - great against chaze combo (Boba needed)
    - perfect at rancor
    - good HAAT
  • Options
    Thiff wrote: »
    You're reaching 85 and 9/20? What were you doing for the last two months???!!!
    But to answer your question
    I would go Zader.
    - great against chaze combo (Boba needed)
    - perfect at rancor
    - good HAAT

I was buying ship shards to open up the zeta challenge and shards for Vader and bistan, bistan is my 5th rebel and may go on a just in case Teebo team with chewy, QGJ, clone sgt, and someone else for damage. I just 7 starred Vader today, and got my 6* endurance yesterday. So it's all zetas for now.

Pretty sure I'm going to go Vader, then boba with my second zeta, and get the rest of my arena team from gear 10 up to 11.
  • Options
    Boba is alright but self serving, nihlus would be handy, or even sid as these guys compliment abit better