New Game Mode Coming! Video Analysis & Opinion

Prev1
Smithie
1427 posts Member
edited April 2017
https://youtu.be/DvLicQwvdLU

Check out my new video here on the forums.
In this video I play the audio of the interview of Mario & Jesse.

I then analyze the interview from the hints and the words used and give my opinion on it.

So is your thoughts? Do you think its a completly different game mode than what is mentioned? Or do you agree.

You can also check out my channel & subscribe on the link below
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3DjNR8y6tKX7LSjV_RRKA

Let me know and post away

Replies

• Options
    Fan favs- Thrawn and R2 (Jedi Luke has to be an event type character by now)
    But I have been wrong before. Veers rework for monthly login?
    Special ability with my guess would it go to R2 but we ve basically seen his kit already.
    And I think the event will be live PVP nothing to do with arena though.
  • Options
    They need to turn stuff around in my opinion. Best outcome in my opinion would be a roster driven story mode. One where you can only play the stories that you have characters for.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    a while ago i had the idea for a guild v guild galactic conquest mode that involves land and space battles. Sounds like this new mode could be similar

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80083/galactic-conquest#latest
  • Options
    I think it's the jar jar and padme in a republic fest, and we will get a pod racing mode where we can win sim tickets, crystals, or energy, but costs credits to play.
  • Options
    Betting on Podraces would be a great mini game.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    a while ago i had the idea for a guild v guild galactic conquest mode that involves land and space battles. Sounds like this new mode could be similar

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80083/galactic-conquest#latest

This is awesome. I would LOVE fighting for planets. It would be cool to see different planets give different rewards. Some would be more coveted than others. Give initial rewards for conquering a planet and then rewards every X hours for maintaining control. It could be raid tickets + planet specific reward (gear, shop tokens/shards, ability mats, credits, etc). Then the raid rankings would mean something because better guilds would earn more tickets.

Allow guilds to own as many planets as they can successfully defend. Once a team is assigned a planets defense it can't be moved and can't be used anywhere else. So you have to use a lot of strategy on not only what units to defend but how thin you want to spread your forces. Give each guild one attack every Y hours.

Now I'm getting excited about a mode that will never happen
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

This is awesome. I would LOVE fighting for planets. It would be cool to see different planets give different rewards. Some would be more coveted than others. Give initial rewards for conquering a planet and then rewards every X hours for maintaining control. It could be raid tickets + planet specific reward (gear, shop tokens/shards, ability mats, credits, etc). Then the raid rankings would mean something because better guilds would earn more tickets.

Allow guilds to own as many planets as they can successfully defend. Once a team is assigned a planets defense it can't be moved and can't be used anywhere else. So you have to use a lot of strategy on not only what units to defend but how thin you want to spread your forces. Give each guild one attack every Y hours.

glad you like it. It pretty much incorporates every current aspect of the game into a single cohesive mode that is very "star wars".
  • Options

glad you like it. It pretty much incorporates every current aspect of the game into a single cohesive mode that is very "star wars".

Yeah, exactly. This would entice huge spending as well, because it encourages deep rosters. It would prevent the game from needing power creep as much to get people to spend. These types of modes work better with balance. I became FTP a long type ago. This would make me into a spender again so fast.
  • Options
    I'm assuming the books question was in reference too the EU, most notebaly Thrawn Trilogy
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm assuming the books question was in reference too the EU, most notebaly Thrawn Trilogy

Only legends characters I want from Thrawn trilogy are Mara jade and the noghri, "Lady Vader"
  • Options
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. As cool as you guys ideas are it's very likely going to very disappointing. Depends on how they define game mode.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Story mode has a lot of potential! Seeing as how galactic war is basically "random team v your team" with slightly more diversification then squad arena. The entire game itself has a lot of potential i.e.:

- Battling players in your own guild.
    - Galaxy Takeover (sort of like Star Wars battlefront- PlayStation 2)
    - Training*

I could go on but most of the great ideas were already covered. It would be nice to see one massive update though.

* To clarify on training! The new Phoenix squad challenges really cemented the need for a training arena in my mind. Being able to use & see just what a 7*, Fully trained, Well equipped character can do really peaked my interest.
    Post edited by K_mett1 on
  • Options
    The new game mode should be allowing us to pick our raid rewards
  • Options
    "the entire collection", what does it mean?
    like GW, where people use one team for all 12 Nodes?
    like tournaments, where people use one team with refresh?

CG promise us a lot, lol, we all believe in CG.
  • Options
    I hope it's not guild vs guild! It will too much harm guilds, every guilds will put their weaker guys out to perform better wich is really bad.

Story mods yes
    Planets conquer...why not

2 fan favorite: luke and thrawn are my guess

New ability...hummm still afraid of that
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    I hope it's not guild vs guild! It will too much harm guilds, every guilds will put their weaker guys out to perform better wich is really bad.

Story mods yes
    Planets conquer...why not

2 fan favorite: luke and thrawn are my guess

New ability...hummm still afraid of that

So you don't want to add guild content because it means guilds will try to make themselves better? Isn't that kind of the point, to get better and strengthen the guild? To me it's a problem right now that there is no reason to do so.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Only legends characters I want from Thrawn trilogy are Mara jade and the noghri, "Lady Vader"

Before he was made canon, I'm assuming Thrawn too?

I want Mara-Jade too (canon as well would be nice) there are others from EU people want like Starkiller, Darth Krayt, Darth Talon, Cade Skywalker, Dash Rendar, Kyle Katarn, etc.
  • Options
    The game need something soon, not just more toons but something to do with them. Several arena teams maxed, both raids finished in hours. Lots of of people have GK now. People are getting bored.
  • Options
    The game need something soon, not just more toons but something to do with them. Several arena teams maxed, both raids finished in hours. Lots of of people have GK now. People are getting bored.

Watch the video.
  • Options

Watch the video.

I did. It seems whatever it is, it will be many months away. Maybe 4-5 months. Look at ships and AAT, it was quite a while after the initial announcements that they were actually released and we're far from even that point.
  • Options
    You do realize It takes a good while to make a brand new mode from scratch & add it to an existing IP. This isn't a weekend update.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I want Mara-Jade too (canon as well would be nice) there are others from EU people want like Starkiller, Darth Krayt, Darth Talon, Cade Skywalker, Dash Rendar, Kyle Katarn, etc.

yes I want thrawn. he is canon and will most likely be added soon.
    I think to many are reading into the comment by Jessie. Yes the entire SW universe is possible. However if Disney approval is needed for faction tags and gear art pretty sure it is needed for adding characters. So a proper answer from any EA/CG person is never say never.

Me personally I don't think we will see any characters that are not already owned by EA (KOTOR) or canon.
  • Options
    Could be some campaign-like mode, either way I'm excited for it
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

He said "looking a little further into the future" for the new game mode. That is like 2 Augusts time frames away
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    He said "looking a little further into the future" for the new game mode. That is like 2 Augusts time frames away

Sounds like more than 12 parsecs...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I think to many are reading into the comment by Jessie. Yes the entire SW universe is possible. However if Disney approval is needed for faction tags and gear art pretty sure it is needed for adding characters. So a proper answer from any EA/CG person is never say never.

Me personally I don't think we will see any characters that are not already owned by EA (KOTOR) or canon.

She was in Star Wars Galaxies & Galactic Battlegrounds, both released in Japan by EA...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

She was in Star Wars Galaxies & Galactic Battlegrounds, both released in Japan by EA...
    Good to know. I am not a big console gamer so never played any of those games.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    They need to turn stuff around in my opinion. Best outcome in my opinion would be a roster driven story mode. One where you can only play the stories that you have characters for.

You know what, this would be a cool thing to do! Have different story lines and "quests" for different roster builds. So if you want "A New Hope" story line you need Farm Boy Luke, Han Solo, Chewy, Leia and Old Ben.

Would make the game have more playable material and give us something new! :)