For the First Time, Had to Stop at GW Node 6

Maxed out Sith squad with Palp lead, Vader, Boba, Sid and Sith Trooper. Between their insane amount of hp, Trooper's taunt and stealth, just got killed trying to punch through even with my Wiggs, Lando, Liea and ST Han rebel team. Now I know whaf it's like once your top five reach a combined power of 40k.

Just glad I don't have anymore toons in GW Shipments that interest me anymore, and that I can get credits from other sources such as Arena Shipments and Credit Heists now, cuz if GW is going to be this ridiculously OP, it ain't happenin' anymore.

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    You could always run the first 6 nodes. You still get rewarded for doing that.
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    Options
    This happened to me today too, not complaining about RNG, just noticed that GW node 6 was extremely tough
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Maxed out Sith squad with Palp lead, Vader, Boba, Sid and Sith Trooper. Between their insane amount of hp, Trooper's taunt and stealth, just got killed trying to punch through even with my Wiggs, Lando, Liea and ST Han rebel team.
    Stealth???

Also, shoulda never tried putting that cookie cutter damage-racing Rebel squad in against an enemy squad who can spam taunt. With no way to dispel, prevent or ignore the taunts, Biggs' pants fall down and his squad gets pwned three ways to Sunday.
  • Options
    Well ep has a lead against rebels. Throw a couple of low lvl team to kill trooper and maybe Vader. Should be easy after that.

I got a lvl 80 g9 full sith team against my g7-8 lvl 76 rebels. Had to throw Jedis and nihilus at them to have a chance
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    B2.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Answer: Baze.
  • Options
    Maxed out Sith squad with Palp lead, Vader, Boba, Sid and Sith Trooper. Between their insane amount of hp, Trooper's taunt and stealth, just got killed trying to punch through even with my Wiggs, Lando, Liea and ST Han rebel team. Now I know whaf it's like once your top five reach a combined power of 40k.

Just glad I don't have anymore toons in GW Shipments that interest me anymore, and that I can get credits from other sources such as Arena Shipments and Credit Heists now, cuz if GW is going to be this ridiculously OP, it ain't happenin' anymore.

Also, my arena power is 41k and I'm doing fine in GW. Run Jyn Chaze Wiggs (soon to be replaced with k2/Cassian)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    aah, the good ol' days when GW was actually challenging. Having to bail out at node 6 sucks though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    jm21 wrote: »
    This happened to me today too, not complaining about RNG, just noticed that GW node 6 was extremely tough

I had it too today. I lost my top three teams. I made it to node 11 with what I had left, but died there. I'm 3 months in and have only lost GW 3 times now, but the other two I made it to node 12. My problem was, I didn't get to retreat my arena team in time. I thought for sure they wouldn't take out 4 in 1 turn, but they did. I don't think I've ever lost 4 of my arena team in an arena loss yet. I was shocked. Could have to do with the fact that I just hit level 80. I've seen talk on here that level 80 brings a few weeks of pain. Two toons down with level ten gear, only a few dozen more to go.
  • Options
    Edit to my post.....I don't think I've ever lost 4 of my arena toons in one turn before.
  • Options
    I am a little further along in the game, but I remember days like that. I couldn't finish GWa month or so ago. Ran into probably the hardest team comp in the game an had foolishly let my arena team take damage earlier in the run. If rebels are your primary toons, you should do everything you can to save them for the last nodes.

You need to move on from Wiggs being your main weapon, unfortunately those who are paying are getting an obscene advantage now more so than ever because they can afford to buy Baze and Chirrut.

The Wiggs meta is over, it has moved on to Sith/empire an cleanse teams that include Baze, Chirrut, an Rex.

Farm the B2 in the meantime he can help break through some of those taunts an stealth.
  • Options
    Valace21 wrote: »
    I am a little further along in the game, but I remember days like that. I couldn't finish GWa month or so ago. Ran into probably the hardest team comp in the game an had foolishly let my arena team take damage earlier in the run. If rebels are your primary toons, you should do everything you can to save them for the last nodes.

You need to move on from Wiggs being your main weapon, unfortunately those who are paying are getting an obscene advantage now more so than ever because they can afford to buy Baze and Chirrut.

The Wiggs meta is over, it has moved on to Sith/empire an cleanse teams that include Baze, Chirrut, an Rex.

Farm the B2 in the meantime he can help break through some of those taunts an stealth.

He's a long farm, but I'm close to unlocking him. :-)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My top 5 are at 46k+ - I am beating GW every day using most of my many GW teams to do it. So upgrade a bit and you will likely get over that hill where your top toons are sitting at the right power level to make GW a challenge again, but not impossible.

For the meantime accept where you are at right now and just do what you can.

I am actually terrified at upgrading my top toons as I don't want to throw off the GW algorithm. Im just trying to gear up as many teams and specific toons as I can while I'm in the sweet spot.

The downside of that makes my competitive edge in arena take a bit of a tumble - with all these Zaul lead teams etc. Arena is a lot more challenging than it has been in the past that's for sure.

Having said that stopping at node 6 shouldn't happen. WAI from what the Dev team has said was with respect to GW being a challenge...a challenge does not mean impossible.

There should never have to be sweet spots and playing with the GW algorithm. In my opinion GW is not working as intended as far too often it is literally impossible and many others know that to be true.

Anyone who argues that point is obviously sitting in the sweet spot, or is P2P and have the full roster of the game at their disposal.
  • Options
    A gear 10 roster seemed to be the sweet spot for me. But as you say, Arena rank and raiding will ultimately suffer for it. There is really no substitute for a gear 11 hero, but be prepared for GW consequences when you gear them up. TM-loaded g10 squads can usually handle opposing g11 squads in GW.
  • Options
    A gear 10 roster seemed to be the sweet spot for me. But as you say, Arena rank and raiding will ultimately suffer for it. There is really no substitute for a gear 11 hero, but be prepared for GW consequences when you gear them up. TM-loaded g10 squads can usually handle opposing g11 squads in GW.

I love this game overall, but it stinks that it's set up to punish you in GW for actually making progress. The only silver lining is that we have credit heists to help take up some of the slack, but it still stinks, and GW needs a rework so a team that has the same toons with less speed and power than you aren't allowed to act like they have more.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Six has been the hardest one for me for a while now. Yesterday it was Rex (L), Nihilus, General Kenobi, Palpatine, and Kylo. All G11, level 85, 7* except for 4* Nihilus. It was rough.
  • Options
    I'm also one of those who has sacrificed Arena rank to be able to complete GW. At least GW you can play at any time of day. To get 15 shards from Arena, you have to play right before the reward deadline. On top of that, you HAVE TO get and gear up way too many factions for things like Mods and Assault Battles. If you're spreading your gear and credits over that many toons, you simply can't get a top-Arena team too.

So I'm at 700-ish in the Arena. I consistently beat squads that have +10% to as much as +25% Power, but by the time I hit 750, almost all the opposing squads are +25% to + 40% power and I can't make any more progress. If I bump up my top toons to help my Arena squad, I might break the top 500, but I'm not going to break the top 200 without a LOT of progress...and in the meantime, that would kill my ability to get past node 6/9. I already spend lots of retreats getting past nodes 6, 9 & 11. With a more powerful Arena team, I doubt I would even get to Node 11.

So I'm just bumping up lots of toons to intermediate levels and hoping that after I have all the different factions I might finally be able to put together a team for the Arena.

Of course, by then, no one will be playing Galaxy of Heroes anymore.

I really wish that - however they calculate your opponents - they did it off your 2nd best team, not your best, so that you could at least TRY to succeed in Arena and GW at the same time.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I don't the the GW algorithm is built upon the power of your top "team" but rather your top 5 characters.

I am doing exactly what you are doing, I have a wide roster and use about 9 teams in GW to beat it every day and it is still a challenge. Its a balancing act that could make it quickly go in favour of GW where it becomes impossible again.

Like I say I am losing rank in arena, now hovering between rank 130 and 200+, but I usually get back to being under 200 before the end of the day at least.

Doing ok in raids - actually 90% of the time I am first in my guild.

Credit heists do not in any way make up for not completing GW. The rewards in GW are so much better than they get credit for - certainly not in credits, but shards is the key for me.

The more shards I get the more I can purchase hard to get gear out of the shard shop - essentially, GW is my shard shop currency, lol.

Not beating GW is like going bankrupt, lol
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I don't the the GW algorithm is built upon the power of your top "team" but rather your top 5 characters.

I am doing exactly what you are doing, I have a wide roster and use about 9 teams in GW to beat it every day and it is still a challenge. Its a balancing act that could make it quickly go in favour of GW where it becomes impossible again.

Like I say I am losing rank in arena, now hovering between rank 130 and 200+, but I usually get back to being under 200 before the end of the day at least.

Credit heists do not in any way make up for not completing GW. The rewards in GW are so much better than they get credit for - certainly not in credits, but shards is the key for me.

The more shards I get the more I can purchase hard to get gear out of the shard shop - essentially, GW is my shard shop currency, lol.

All this is so true. Plus if you cannot get top 20(top 10 realistically) in arena, the crystal falloff is real small and can't even come close to the full GW rewards. I've gotten an omega mat 3 separate times. And the most important part, in my opinion, ship shards. I'm betting there will be a ship raid and at 4 shards per purchase it takes a lot longer to farm them up than toons. This is part of the reason I don't subscribe to the whole "focus on your arena team and get them as high as possible". If whales lurk and ensure no top 10, then spread a little. A preemptive "congrats" to all the "I'm FTP and I stay top 10. I bet you are rarer than you think. I've spent a little, stayed focused, researched so haven't made many mistakes, and my whole top ten is 4-5 levels ahead of me. No beating that when they have zetas and G11 already, so I beat GW, score decent in raids, participate in most squad specific events, and have fun with different comps.

Those that get a super good arena team and generate a few hundred extra crystals deserve to be ahead. I stay in the top 50, but only 5 of those guys have won more GW's than me.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

All this is so true. Plus if you cannot get top 20(top 10 realistically) in arena, the crystal falloff is real small and can't even come close to the full GW rewards. I've gotten an omega mat 3 separate times. And the most important part, in my opinion, ship shards. I'm betting there will be a ship raid and at 4 shards per purchase it takes a lot longer to farm them up than toons. This is part of the reason I don't subscribe to the whole "focus on your arena team and get them as high as possible". If whales lurk and ensure no top 10, then spread a little. A preemptive "congrats" to all the "I'm FTP and I stay top 10. I bet you are rarer than you think. I've spent a little, stayed focused, researched so haven't made many mistakes, and my whole top ten is 4-5 levels ahead of me. No beating that when they have zetas and G11 already, so I beat GW, score decent in raids, participate in most squad specific events, and have fun with different comps.

Those that get a super good arena team and generate a few hundred extra crystals deserve to be ahead. I stay in the top 50, but only 5 of those guys have won more GW's than me.

The sad thing is that the whales that are at the top and get all the amazing rewards don't actually need any of it, lol