Would a clone team be viable against zaul and others?

I am a lvl 78 ftp and started playing after a gap of almost 6 months so the top arena ranks are all meta. I am pushing up and have started zaul and other teams now.
My arena team is usually ep,Vader,boba, wiggs. Or all rebels depending on the opponent.
I have 5* clones though except sarge. Reading about rex lead and all I was wondering if a clone team with 1 other work against the meta?

Replies

• Options
    With a rex lead you need a taunter like kenobi or baze. Or both. Lots of rex lead teams have random characters like nihilus or wiggs. It doesn't need to be all clones. Clones under a Cody zeta lead though are beasts in the tank raid!
  • Options
    I run all 5 clones in the arena, all fully starred and fully geared. Theu really don't far very well against current meta. Can just about get into the top 20 but most of the teams above me are just too strong. Usually drop to 40-50 overnight too!

Thinking of switching out to a different team for arena.
  • Options
    Should add both fives and Cody have zeta's
  • Options
    With a rex lead you need a taunter like kenobi or baze. Or both. Lots of rex lead teams have random characters like nihilus or wiggs. It doesn't need to be all clones. Clones under a Cody zeta lead though are beasts in the tank raid!

Baze is 3* and GK is 0 so I guess this is out for me.
    MukkaMatt wrote: »
    I run all 5 clones in the arena, all fully starred and fully geared. Theu really don't far very well against current meta. Can just about get into the top 20 but most of the teams above me are just too strong. Usually drop to 40-50 overnight too!

Thinking of switching out to a different team for arena.

Thanks
  • Options

Baze is 3* and GK is 0 so I guess this is out for me

Baze is totally viable at 3* if you gear him to g10 or 11. He's a grind though
  • Options
    In my opinion Rex an Fives are fine as they are. As for Echo and Cody they are good but they could use buffs, Echo has a terrific AoE damage and his basic is useful enough i guess but his unique is quite weak and could be boosted a bit with either extra healing or some other kind of buff, and as mentioned before zCody lead is spectacular in aat raids and his basic attack does give him a good bit of tm but his other abilities kinda just suck (especially his AoE ability) mainly because of the massive damage reduction, now im not saying take the damage reduction away but reduce the reduction or give other effects in some kind of way. what im asking is a small reduction in the damage reduction for his 212th attack and just a rework on his AoE ability(i forgot what this ability was called) so thats my opinion. and im thinking if that happens clone teams just might make their own place in the top of the arena teams
  • Iron_Maiden_Jedi
    280 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No. Clone team's got nothing on zMaul.

Only teams I have trouble with are other zMaul teams, because then it's a coin toss pretty much. Purely about luck, strategies fly out the window. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.
  • Options
    Pack up your clone team and hide them in the closet cause you ain't going anywhere with clones or droids.
  • Options
    God no.
  • Options
    Pack up your clone team and hide them in the closet cause you ain't going anywhere with clones or droids.

Not in arena. In hAAT P2 or P4, clones are gods.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    smninja73 wrote: »
    In my opinion Rex an Fives are fine as they are. As for Echo and Cody they are good but they could use buffs, Echo has a terrific AoE damage and his basic is useful enough i guess but his unique is quite weak and could be boosted a bit with either extra healing or some other kind of buff, and as mentioned before zCody lead is spectacular in aat raids and his basic attack does give him a good bit of tm but his other abilities kinda just suck (especially his AoE ability) mainly because of the massive damage reduction, now im not saying take the damage reduction away but reduce the reduction or give other effects in some kind of way. what im asking is a small reduction in the damage reduction for his 212th attack and just a rework on his AoE ability(i forgot what this ability was called) so thats my opinion. and im thinking if that happens clone teams just might make their own place in the top of the arena teams

Imo Rex is the only clone that is currently arena viable, problem is he sucks in a Cody lead clone team, something would have to be done about his package to make him viable under Cody. Fives is great as he is, though a taunt wouldn't hurt the team as a whole. Echo needs some kind of debuff on his grenade and a Zeta on his second unique, possibly less damage reduction, higher assist chance or another debuff.
    Cody's basic is great as is, his AoE is bad, needs something else than stun, Daze or shock or something like that on crit would be far better, for his 212th I really don't think a decrease in damage reduction would be the way to go.. The issue is that a penalty reduction would just break raids completely even 10% would add up to easily a million or more during a p4 run. And seeing it does 40k damage and can do so every turn and you have a chance to gain 80% TM in the process it's fair to say it's solid.

@OP if you want to run Clones, Sarge is a must, he is the only DPS and he can also go over and over if his basic is omega'd and his TMR AoE is one of the most reliable abilities and I can easily dish out 10k each with it, aka he doen't sit much behind Echo in AoE damage
  • Options
    Honestly, no :/ Maul and his sith buddies will always go before your clones. This means your clones will all have daze and many will be stunned. They cannot gain TM, they cannot assist, they cannot counter attack. So when it's Cody's turn, you cannot use his 212th attack, because no one on the team will be allowed to attack. Echo will not fire when your clones shoot, and fives will sit there and take a beating.

Once you finally get to use Rex's cleanse, you'll be shooting at enemies who have high chances to dodge and are immune to crits. If you use Cody's 212th attack, only the first clone is allowed to crit - after that the sith gains invis and crit immunity which means all the other hits fail - forcing Cody' ability onto the maximum cooldown - no resets here.

Sarge also will not be able to gain his passive TM on crit - because he can't crit.

Similarly, against a team that has zeta bariss, the clones do not have access to shock or heal immunity and thus simply will never actually be able to kill zariss or her team members. Clone crits are too small to cause positive damage and every swing just heals the enemies to full.

Then you have unfortunate realities like their protection regen being worthless when toons like sith assassin can one shot them while ignoring protection. Clones aren't where you really wanna be in arena for the time being.

The fact that they can't stay alive is one of the problems, but the other one is that they rely on crits to do anything and everyone is immune to crits right now lol.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    This is a perfectly thorough explanation of the uselessness of clones in the current arena.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Rex should have his lead reworked. Instead of the health bump allow clones to share unique abilities under him(with zeta). Would turn them into a counter/assist squad. Would help against some of the meta but still outclassed by zaul so its not op.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Whazn wrote: »
    Rex should have his lead reworked. Instead of the health bump allow clones to share unique abilities under him(with zeta). Would turn them into a counter/assist squad. Would help against some of the meta but still outclassed by zaul so its not op.

If all clones gained sgts unique on top of fives

Ooooh boy.....
  • Options
    They're good, but are missing some things to be top in arena; the biggest thing is they need a taunting tank. Rex and Cody (who are the best leads by far) are too squishy, even with Echo and zCody providing protection and health refreshes. If you had a taunter (I'd love to see Fives do it), that would help a ton. As it is, I fight clone teams in arena fairly often and plow right through them because I can pick and choose my targets at will. Echo first, then Sarge, then Rex; after that, it's just a mop up. I do love using them, especially in the 2nd phase of the tank raid, but in arena they just aren't cutting it.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if Rex's zeta is grant clone allies tenacity up for one turn at the start of the battle and there were replacements for the crit build of cody and seargent
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Give 5s a taunt! So much fun when he does it under a GK lead.