Anything happening for Earth Day?

Anyone have any information? Is 'apps for Earth' happening again?

Replies

• Options
    Always assume no. This would be the perfect time for another ewok though.
    As long as we dont get anything buggy its fine.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    Hahaha
  • Options
    This picture makes me think of.. Where is ep's/vaders deathstar ? Nutes/gg's cool ship also gk,jka, and many others?
  • Options
    why do you expect something special for every single holiday?
  • Options
    It's my birthday soon. Can I have a maxed out GK. ;)
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    They will release the 5th ewok

• DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This reminds me of a great story about this time back in 'Nam. So back in '68, we had made it through Christmas and New Year's and everything was quiet. We figured the enemy would have used the holidays as an opportunity to strike, assuming we were focused on R&R. But not a peep. It was really odd; we fully expected something bad to happen around the holidays. Long about mid-January, we started to get the feeling that something was up. And as sure as shootin, all heck broke loose at Tet.

But that isn't the real story. The real story is about Rex. His real name was Archibald Xavier McClendon. But we called him Rex. I never really asked why at first. I came later to find out that he slept with a small stuffed dinosaur that his mum had given him when he was in grade school. He actually brought it with him to 'Nam, and hid it from everyome until one day the tent collapsed over his bunk during a rain squall. When they helped him dry his stuff out they found the dinosaur, all wet and muddy. So from then on, his name was Rex.

Rex was a bit of a complainer. He complained about the chow, latrine duty, the mosquitoes, Lefty's stinky feet, and anything else you could imagine. Quite often, he voiced his ire towards the poor TV reception in the rec tent. He loved watching soap operas during the day; evidently he and his mum really bonded watching General Hospital before he got shipped off to basic. He knew every character, and would always talk about what his mum would say about certain people on the show. That was always a little weird to us.

But I digress. Anyways, around Christmas time, Rex was convinced that we were getting a new TV for Christmas. The reception on the TV was dicey at best. He was friends with the quartermaster, Cookie, and Cookie always acquired something new for the rec tent on holidays. We came to expect new holiday rec tent additions, especially holidays like Christmas. It was very Pavlovian. And Rex kept dropping hints to Cookie about a new TV. So Rex was all excited that he could get better reception for General Hospital. But the rest of us were skeptical.

So Christmas came. And instead of a TV, Cookie got us a new dart board for the rec tent. The rest of us were elated, as we were using a piece of plywood as a backstop for our errant dart tossing. But Rex was devastated. The tantrum he threw was epic--I actually learned a few new colorful phrases during his hissyfit. He didn't speak to Cookie for a week. Instead he would sulk in the corner watching us play darts. But you know what? He still watched General Hospital.
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »

I don't expect anything good from SWGOH anymore, but last year on earth day they had ewok events. Wasn't sure if anyone heard anything is all :)
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »

I don't expect anything good from SWGOH anymore, but last year on earth day they had ewok events. Wasn't sure if anyone heard anything is all :)

it just seems every time a holiday comes around someone is asking what are we getting. we don't have to get stuff every holiday. imo there are no real holidays that correlate with star wars. the only time i would expect anything is may 4th and on the anniversaries of the game.

but i do now see why you were asking.

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a great story about this time back in 'Nam. So back in '68, we had made it through Christmas and New Year's and everything was quiet. We figured the enemy would have used the holidays as an opportunity to strike, assuming we were focused on R&R. But not a peep. It was really odd; we fully expected something bad to happen around the holidays. Long about mid-January, we started to get the feeling that something was up. And as sure as shootin, all heck broke loose at Tet.

But that isn't the real story. The real story is about Rex. His real name was Archibald Xavier McClendon. But we called him Rex. I never really asked why at first. I came later to find out that he slept with a small stuffed dinosaur that his mum had given him when he was in grade school. He actually brought it with him to 'Nam, and hid it from everyome until one day the tent collapsed over his bunk during a rain squall. When they helped him dry his stuff out they found the dinosaur, all wet and muddy. So from then on, his name was Rex.

Rex was a bit of a complainer. He complained about the chow, latrine duty, the mosquitoes, Lefty's stinky feet, and anything else you could imagine. Quite often, he voiced his ire towards the poor TV reception in the rec tent. He loved watching soap operas during the day; evidently he and his mum really bonded watching General Hospital before he got shipped off to basic. He knew every character, and would always talk about what his mum would say about certain people on the show. That was always a little weird to us.

But I digress. Anyways, around Christmas time, Rex was convinced that we were getting a new TV for Christmas. The reception on the TV was dicey at best. He was friends with the quartermaster, Cookie, and Cookie always acquired something new for the rec tent on holidays. We came to expect new holiday rec tent additions, especially holidays like Christmas. It was very Pavlovian. And Rex kept dropping hints to Cookie about a new TV. So Rex was all excited that he could get better reception for General Hospital. But the rest of us were skeptical.

So Christmas came. And instead of a TV, Cookie got us a new dart board for the rec tent. The rest of us were elated, as we were using a piece of plywood as a backstop for our errant dart tossing. But Rex was devastated. The tantrum he threw was epic--I actually learned a few new colorful phrases during his hissyfit. He didn't speak to Cookie for a week. Instead he would sulk in the corner watching us play darts. But you know what? He still watched General Hospital.

The Nam stories never get old
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, they gonna shut down swgoh for one hour, it's earth day after all.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I hope we get Logray, Paploo & Wicket,
    would be the perfect time to sneak them into the game, and there are only 4 ewoks, can't even have a full team of those lil cuties yet :cry:
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I thought it was funny we didn't get anything for Christmas. Every app I've ever played always does something special for Christmas. This app however, nope. No way! That would cause them to lose money. I think they should give stuff away for special days. It gives some incentive to the players. Doesn't always have to be a lot.
  • Options
    Why would something happen? The fact that we didn't even get free crystals on Christmas wasn't enough to make you realize we probably wouldn't get anything for "fake" holidays?

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    StarWhales wrote: »
    Why would something happen? The fact that we didn't even get free crystals on Christmas wasn't enough to make you realize we probably wouldn't get anything for "fake" holidays?

The only reason to think something might happen is because something did happen last year. Otherwise I don't think anyone would've expected Earth Day to get an event. Especially in a game not based on Earth.
This discussion has been closed.