Hahahha Sid and Phasma leaders take this!

Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited February 2016
This is a look into my Arena. What I notice is a huge concentrarion of leaders. If you count this, Sid and Phasma dominate:

Phasma: 19
Sid: 18
HK-47: 5
Lumi: 3
Dooku: 1
Finn: 1
IG-88: 1
Han: 1
QGJ: 1

But since two at the top don't use any of these, Maybe people have opportunity to try out different leaderships.

Some suggested Poogle when using Droids plus GS. The use of Finn as a leader is very scary in a Resistance power team. Somebody ranks pretty high with Han too. What about High Dodge from a 7* Dooku?

For those with questions, this was around 6:00. I ended second thanks to my relentless friend @Fantasy which has the most unique team in our Arena (hey stop refreshing btw!). I didn't protect my position, and din't have to snipe. I can fo back to position 30 in a day, and walk into the top 10 with no refresh. My chars aren't even level 70 except for IG-88 (uber squishy) and 4 chars aren't max gear (missing 5, 3, 2 and 2 slots). Some are level 68.

Arena leaderships:

image.jpg

Detailed Gallery: http://postimg.org/gallery/2yvp1qkee/

Bottom line: other leaders ARE VIABLE.
Post edited by Preemo_Magin on

Replies

• Options
    Mhh, no interest in this "infinite gift of wisdom" I prepared for you all. :-( ... You could be leaving 20-30 ranks on the table for not trying outnother leaders...Intried HK-47, Poogle, Sid and Luminara to lead minor variants of my team andneith some I'd at most get to 30. With other max 40... And with Sid maybe top 25. For my team, a change in leader opens up not just a different approach, but allows you to replace a char that maybe, it's not really needed.
  • Options
    Wow you have a lot of photos and videos..
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Lol, I got all excited to hear about a point of view and them bum....is that a lot? I just never do backups, and Spotify helps a lot.

• mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    It'll be interesting next week when they release the new version because we'll be able to see the whole squad and whether all these board leaders are trotting out variations of the same squad. I've avoided getting Phasma, Sid, dooku because I just don't find them too interesting and really don't care about arena. But if the same set of toons are needed to crack the top ten on all the servers, well, that would be a lame, in my opinion.
  • Options
    This is a look into my Arena. What I notice is a huge concentrarion of leaders. If you count this, Sid and Phasma dominate:

But since two at the top don't use any of these, Maybe people have opportunity to try out different leaderships.

Some suggested Poogle when using Droids plus GS. The use of Finn as a leader is very scary in a Resistance power team. Somebody ranks pretty high with Han too. What about High Dodge from a 7* Dooku?

For those with questions, this was around 6:00. I ended second thanks to my relentless friend @Fantasy which has the most unique team in our Arena (hey stop refreshing btw!). I didn't protect my position, and din't have to snipe. I can fo back to position 30 in a day, and walk into the top 10 with no refresh. My chars aren't even level 70 except for IG-88 (uber squishy) and 4 chars aren't max gear (missing 5, 3, 2 and 2 slots). Some are level 68.

Arena leaderships:

image.jpg

It seems like you are not on a super competitive cluster. Lucky!

Also, yes, if you are using droids go: Poggle(L), Geo, IG86, IG88, Poe. HK is a bum.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »

Arena leaderships:

image.jpg

It seems like you are not on a super competitive cluster. Lucky!

Also, yes, if you are using droids go: Poggle(L), Geo, IG86, IG88, Poe. HK is a bum.

Yes it's very competitive but not super. I am slowly farming GS just to try it out. As you see no Poogle's in entire top 50 here.

How does a super competitive arena look like? Do tou all end up with the same leaders repeated like this server I live in?

Thanks!

• Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gratz on 1 :) I saw you got it a few times too. Guess we're the "weirdos" using other leaders on this server :^) I ate your 88 AOE in the face with 2 exposes and byebye rey xD poofed out of existence.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Gratz on 1 :) I saw you got it a few times too. Guess we're the "weirdos" using other leaders on this server :^) I ate your 88 AOE in the face with 2 exposes and byebye rey xD poofed out of existence.

Is my new team comp too bad on defense? I can share feedback about yours too (but I'd have to target you which I extremely rarely do).

• Options
    My leaderboard is a bit more diverse. Lots a Phasmas of course....some Sid (including me)...some Poggle, some QGJ, Lumi, HK, even a Poe. Phasma dominates though.
  • Options
    I've never seen anyone else use Ahsoka as lead.
    Or Asajj for that matter who I will be switching to soon.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I rarely target you as well but I wanted to see your new shiny team this week (and I did not feel too bad dropping you to #2, I wouldn't snipe you from 11, and tbh I'm glad that gap will be gone with the update) :)

Here's what happened tonight from what I (mostly) remember:

Your Poe fired first. Oops. Exposed Rey, Lumi, Finn. Rey damaged Poe maybe ~60-70%. I used Sid AOE, my Poe taunted, your 88 AOE'd the crap out of everyone and made Rey die, then your 86+assist on Offense Up (edit: that was FOTP armor penetration who assisted, I got that confused) killed my Poe. I went. OK. Geez. Well, let's throw a proactive Lumi heal in there. I eliminated 88/86 in round 2 and somehow made it through because Finn/Sid were able to pour out enough damage and the Lumi heal dots helped them get through. I was thinking I'd lose that one tbh...

Post edited by Fantazy on
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I rarely target you as well but I wanted to see your new shiny team this week (and I did not feel too bad dropping you to #2, I wouldn't snipe you from 11, and tbh I'm glad that gap will be gone with the update) :)

Here's what happened tonight from what I (mostly) remember:

Your Poe fired first. Oops. Exposed Rey, Lumi, Finn. Rey damaged Poe maybe ~60-70%. I used Sid AOE, my Poe taunted, your 88 AOE'd the crap out of everyone and made Rey die, then your 86+assist on Offense Up (edit: that was FOTP armor penetration who assisted, I got that confused) killed my Poe. I went. OK. Geez. Well, let's throw a proactive Lumi heal in there. I eliminated 88/86 in round 2 and somehow made it through because Finn/Sid were able to pour out enough damage and the Lumi heal dots helped them get through. I was thinking I'd lose that one tbh...

Heh, nice one then. Well pulled. If my Poe goes last I stand little chance. Using rey and Finn makes your team very dangerous. I still need to fight your new team but will share how it goes.

My idea was to try to not use any obvious leader or recipes. On defense Lumi heals too late! Your's or mine!

• Options
    My idea was to try to not use any obvious leader or recipes.

Thumbs up, I like it so as well. Credit where it's due: you did make me try Talia lead in arena for a few days, you made a good case for her. Maybe she'll be back after the update, who knows :)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options

I don't see any Ahsoka either anywhere. Early meta in dec a few. What I like about her keadership is that it applies to a broad group, like Dooku or IG-88.

• Options
    I use Luke as a leader, last battle I did was against a old Ben.... He landed 0 debuffs, :)
  • Options

I actually run a almost max 6*Ahsoka as leader. Don't know how good is she on defense, but she occasionally does well on offense, especially when paired with luminara, lets her pull of multiple dodges. I'm 129 in arena currently and don't drop to far down. I'm actually the only one in my top 200 with a different leader other than Phasma, Sid, Luminara.
  • Options
    Here's my top 200:
    Phasma 78 (39%)
    Sidious 61 (30.5%)
    Luminara 33 (16.5%)
    HK47 7 (3.5%)
    Bariss 7 (3.5%)
    Qui Gon Jinn 3 (1.5%)
    Ackbar 2 (1%)
    Dooku 2
    Ahsoka 2
    Poggle 1 (0.5%)
    Finn 1
    Poe 1
    Old Ben 1
    Asajj 1

So there is one other person with Ahsoka and one with Asajj, I just never see them because they are too far above and below me.

Phasma, Sidious and Luminara - 86%
    Everyone else - 14%

That's rather depressing.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I have used Ashoka as lead since just before level 40 or something, she is now 7* and about to be level 70! Still keeping top 50 is such a chore I experiment every now and then with a different leader just to see and I sure as hell drop a lot further with Ashoka than with lumi or even 4*'phasma as lead and same team (well I don't usually use phasma but the other 4 same people's)...such a target :/

Never ever use sid as lead, look what happened to the Republic when they gave in to that freak and tried to use his leadership skills for their advantage.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Lol, I got all excited to hear about a point of view and them bum....is that a lot? I just never do backups, and Spotify helps a lot.

Did you get the bigger iPhone hard drive? I always want to get the smallest size but it's never big enough. The largest hurts too much, but the middle option is just right for me.
  • Options
    I place 20-50 with a maxed out Asajj. There one other in the top 200 that uses her. I think it makes me a target. Subsumes I use ahsoka in gw for kicks, but Talia's evasion is like 1% better.
  • Options
    A Finn led Resistence team is indeed absurd. I'm glad it's really hard to farm all that
  • Options
    Ahsoka is way too slow to be of any use in the top tier meta. It's a shame but she is almost worthless in arena, even in night sister groups she is so weak it's better to swap her out.

New servers I'm sure will see people using her as she is an easy F2P character who is pretty decent at low ranks and not hard to farm, but once you hit the level 70 meta, she just doesn't cut it.
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My server is a bit diverse. Top 200 is like 75% Sid and Phasma of course but I got 5 Hks, 2 poggle a, 2 88s, 3 bobas, 10 barriss for some reason, 2 dooku , 1 maul, 4 Assaj, 3 chewy, 1 QGJ, 1 Ima, and the rest is lumi who makes up about 20. So pretty nice pool of teams to fight. Also yes I use Phasma but only until ackbars lead works first turn.
  • Options
    Also expect to see a ton of QGJ teams here In a few weeks with everyone farming him and Jedis for yoda. I mean the "mystery character" lol