Battlefront 2 has all Era's, Imperial focused campaign, B1's, Clones and no Season Pass!!!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Ahhh... got it. Thanks.
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Ahhh... got it. Thanks.

In the case of Battlefront 1, EA split the game up into 25% fragments. They charged $60 for the first 25%, then another $60 for the remaining 75% of the game, which they referred to as a "Season Pass". When in fact, that remaining 75% of the game should have been included with the original game. The point of my statement is, you should never preorder a game. It allows developers to ripoff their customers and get lazy with releases. Battlefront 1 will go down as one of the worst game releases in history.

• Options
    I really hope they put a server browser in on PC so it lives longer than 6 months.
  • Options
    I really hope they put a server browser in on PC so it lives longer than 6 months.

Server browser is confirmed
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

Is it?
  • Options
    Just to say, It's some awesome artwork!
  • Options
    Ahhh... got it. Thanks.

In the case of Battlefront 1, EA split the game up into 25% fragments. They charged $60 for the first 25%, then another $60 for the remaining 75% of the game, which they referred to as a "Season Pass". When in fact, that remaining 75% of the game should have been included with the original game. The point of my statement is, you should never preorder a game. It allows developers to ripoff their customers and get lazy with releases. Battlefront 1 will go down as one of the worst game releases in history.

I disagree.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    HK47isLife wrote: »
    Ahhh... got it. Thanks.

I disagree.

I think it depends on the developers really, pre-ordering can either drive them to work hard to incorporate more features for the larger expected playerbase and allow for more content, or it could allow them to slack off a little bit and feel less need to add more content as they've already reached their goals. I think they learned their lesson last time about how to design all the purchases so I'm hoping this one will be a nice step up.
  • Options
    HK47isLife wrote: »

Is it?

I retract my statement, I misread dedicated servers as server browsers(not the most familiar with PC gaming)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Eyi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Im hyped af .... im playing on ps4 the current battlefront and ill be playing battlefront 2 as well...

Add me if you are in ps4 :D

ID: MRage_Eyisalriv
  • Options
    Ahhh... got it. Thanks.

Not to mention the sweet $400 Vader edition Ps4. Yeah they got me with that one too. Console still looks sick tho
  • Options
    Eyi wrote: »
    Im hyped af .... im playing on ps4 the current battlefront and ill be playing battlefront 2 as well...

Add me if you are in ps4 :D

ID: MRage_Eyisalriv

I'm on Xbox :hushed:
  • Options
    The game is hyped to be awesome but so was the first reboot. Paying full price for a game and then having in game purchases is absolutely sickening. I'd hope that if this occurs with the new battlefront (which it most likely will) that the star wars community would smarten up a bit and not buy the game. If we all worked towards this they'd have no choice but to make changes... But it didn't happen for the first one so...
  • Options
    If EA holds true to their promise of no Season Pass and any DLC is released free of charge, they will most likely insert micro-transactions as a way to make the kind of money they'd have made by pushing a Season Pass. If so, the micro-transactions will likely be purely cosmetic (like in Overwatch) or will be for some sort of in-game boosters (as in Halo 5 and similarly structured MP games). EA's got to keep up their profit margin, after all.
  • Options
    If EA holds true to their promise of no Season Pass and any DLC is released free of charge, they will most likely insert micro-transactions as a way to make the kind of money they'd have made by pushing a Season Pass. If so, the micro-transactions will likely be purely cosmetic (like in Overwatch) or will be for some sort of in-game boosters (as in Halo 5 and similarly structured MP games). EA's got to keep up their profit margin, after all.

I'd be fine with that!
  • Options
    how much offline content will there be? im not really interested in the online play just single player and more importantly couch co-op
    is there couch co-op? couch co-op single player campaign?
    also i saw mentioned the campaign is imperial aka dark side, so is the campaign only imperial or is there going to be a light side campaign too? (i like playing the good guys)
  • SubzeeeDon
    736 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Can we do online 2 player split screen co-Op?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I kinda want EA to just focus on star wars now.
    Mass Effect is boring - Bring back KotOR
    Dragon Age is Boring - Bring another new Star Wars RPG like Dragon Age
    Sims sucks - Make Sims: Star Wars (with ships)
    It makes so much sense
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    I kinda want EA to just focus on star wars now.
    Mass Effect is boring - Bring back KotOR
    Dragon Age is Boring - Bring another new Star Wars RPG like Dragon Age
    Sims sucks - Make Sims: Star Wars (with ships)
    It makes so much sense

Sims set in the SW universe? Would be weirdly fun :D
  • Options
    Loved the original Star Wars Battlefront II, wasn't too interested in the reboot of Battlefront 1, and held off on buying it, and I am glad I did. I am much more interested in the reboot of Star Wars Battlefront II, seeing how my favorite part of the original game was to be the droids. On one hand, now EA will probably release the B1 and Droideka for swgoh. On the other hand, they may have released them sooner if this game wasn't coming out, and now they are saving them for the release of Battlefront II, which means not for a while. I was really confused when I started seeing ads for Star Wars Battlefront II on some websites and stuff, I just thought that somehow a really old ad for the original one had gotten into the ad system, or had never been removed or something. Didn't think that they were for the reboot.
  • Options
    osamamatix wrote: »
    how much offline content will there be? im not really interested in the online play just single player and more importantly couch co-op
    is there couch co-op? couch co-op single player campaign?
    also i saw mentioned the campaign is imperial aka dark side, so is the campaign only imperial or is there going to be a light side campaign too? (i like playing the good guys)
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Can we do online 2 player split screen co-Op?

If you look at the official EA Battlefront 2 website, they confirm that there will be offline (and it appears also online) couch co-op, though they haven't said whether that extends to the campaign, to the best of my knowledge. There is also no mention of any campaign other than the Imperial Commando Iden Versio campaign to this point, so anticipate only the one, and hope to be pleasantly surprised by a Rebel side.