40 years Anniversary!!!!

2Next

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Everyone else calling OP a millennial or entitled, you've obviously never played any other top App Store games competitively. As much money as this game makes, the giveaways are astoundingly cheap, not to mention few and far between. He gives perfectly good examples of great annivesary rewards and I have to agree. 500 crystals was support, never a gift. Double drops are a joke with garbage drop rates. Bodi is garbage, two new toons won't be here until May and June so how are they anniversary gifts?, the Phoenix events were a snooze for the past 1.5 months. As huge as Star Wars is and as much money as this game rakes in daily (~$100k), the lack of content and giveaway incentives are embarrassingly low.
    ^
    This.
    I don't say "thank you" for crumbs when I know what's on the table.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Y'all realize that the whole year is the "40th anniversary" right? Nobody's celebrating a particular day or anything.
  • Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    What two new fan favorite characters are coming? Must have missed that.

Slave leia and hoth leia

This is a lie, methinks.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Yes they gave away Bodhi Rook, well they gave away a blank slate under starred Bodhi Rook, and then as an added bonus they threw him in the Galactic War store, the most F2P of F2P stores there is, a store that has next to no value for advanced players.

Double drops for cantina the most expensive energy and the one they give the least of, great. Except for the whole fact that they sent both Baze and Shoretrooper to a single hard node, making it next to impossible for a F2P player to ever utilize them. Advanced players pretty much have all those cantina toons, you can't get gear and in all the months since they added omegas to those nodes I have NEVER seen one drop for myself or anyone else for that matter. They are as elusive as the Easter Bunny.

Chirrut is farmable yeaaaa!!! :)

Oh wait, they threw him into Fleet shipments, ya know that place where you have to farm zeta to even be competitive in the arena.

Arena shipments get Cassian, who has some use when paired with other Rogue One characters, except for the only place to farm Jyn is out of guild shipments and I have seen her exactly 4 times since she was added to that store, and we already know where Baze and Chirrut are. Oh wait, I almost forgot about K2 lol. a toon half the base was just given which irked the other half of the player base, and is only useful with Cassian, They put him into the GW store. At least when the tournaments were running you could buy ally points.

Oh wait there are ships in the store, yea the ships I need very rarely show, Clone Sergeant maybe 2-3 times a week. Sun Fac's was showing until I started buying them, now those have dried up, is Biggs and Wedge and the other Genosian's all day and night.

OP your attempt at whining was sad, if you want to complain do it right.

They gave us some low level ships, great. They gave us some low level toons. I have seen the Tie Advanced 1 time in the shard shop, ONE TIME. Those new ships will become farmable when judgement arrives.

The toons, great if we want to pay we can get them usable, but in a couple months the weaker ones might end up in the cantina, and the better ones will get a single hard node.

They gave us 500 crystals because they launched the event, and it crashed, that was no gift. In a game like this where we spend to get ready for these things and then they crash, compensation should be forthcoming.

People who defend the devs, are an odd bunch. We don't deserve anything free, we don't deserve anything free. Other games go out of their way to encourage their players, an on the 40th anniversary of Star Wars they gave us nothing, thats what Bodhi Rook is, not usable in the raids, not usable in the arena, not really usable anywhere. I have been playing this game for almost a year now, I am am well aware of how the dev's think of their players. "New and Improved mod packs", well I guess it was time to milk old Bessy.

I spend on this game btw.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Y'all realize that the whole year is the "40th anniversary" right? Nobody's celebrating a particular day or anything.

True enough, but this was Star Wars celebration, their big Shindig for Star Wars.

Bodhi Rook has reinvigorated my desire to keep playing.

Thanks EA! I love getting characters who are better than CUP an Mob Enforcer for free.

• Options
    Soooo...what two new fan favorite characters? Unless we are talking about these two new Mandalorian Empire toons, I don't recall seeing any other new toons on the horizon.
  • Options
    Soooo...what two new fan favorite characters? Unless we are talking about these two new Mandalorian Empire toons, I don't recall seeing any other new toons on the horizon.

Padme Amidala and Wicket the elusive 5th Ewok!
  • Options

They haven't released any info on who they are. Only that we are getting 2 new fan favorite toons.
  • Options

Don't know, only that there will be another Empire update this month. New toons? Reworks? I'm betting on reworks.
  • Options

Don't know, only that there will be another Empire update this month. New toons? Reworks? I'm betting on reworks.

I assume reworks as well. I thought Thrawn was coming but it appears I was wrong. All signs pointed to it but NOPE.
  • Options
    Kissycat wrote: »

They haven't released any info on who they are. Only that we are getting 2 new fan favorite toons.

I guess I missed that announcement. When are they allegedly showing up?
  • Options
    LOL
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Valace21 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

True enough, but this was Star Wars celebration, their big Shindig for Star Wars.

Bodhi Rook has reinvigorated my desire to keep playing.

Thanks EA! I love getting characters who are better than CUP an Mob Enforcer for free.

We also still have may fourth