Who should my 5th Jedi be, given the time constraint?

So here's my dilemma for the upcoming Jedi event.

Currently my Jedi roster is:

7* Lumi
5* JC
4* Mace Windu
3* Plo Koon
2* Ashoka Tano

Now, the even is coming out next week. Obviously I won't be able to get 5 5* toons before that time. I would like, however, to advance as much as possible during the first go-around.

Which means I would like to fight the 3* node next week, and possible 4* node if I get lucky and the event lasts a few weeks (not sure how long it's suppose to go for).

So I have 2 options for getting my last 3* toon:

1) Level up Ashoka Tano from 2* to 3* (25 shards from Squad Cantina)
2) Unlock QGJ and level him to 3* (total of 50 shards from Squad Cantina)

Now, obviously QGJ is the better toon and the better long-term commitment. However, both Ashoka and QGJ gain shards from the Cantina, so I have to focus on one.

So the question.....should I level Ashoka from 2* to 3*, the safe route and ensuring I can run the 3* node next week......or should I try to unlock QGJ and 3* him and try to get 50 shards in a week's time?

I should note that I am F2P, although I am going to probably dump money next week when the patch goes live.....purchase the Jedi Pack if it's reasonably priced.

I have about 1000 crystals in reserve that I could use for Cantina refreshes, I always buy the 100 crystal refresh, but I'm hesitant on the 200 one (I guess if desperate times call for desperate measures), but for sure I won't be buying the 400 crystal refresh.

Replies

• Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would say you are stuck with Ashoka or hope the Jedi bundle gives you better. The event is only supposed to last a week and then come back later. And you can't get the new toon til you complete 5* so I wouldn't be too aggressive or waste your resources this time

If you buy the Jedi bundle I think you would get at least one four star maybe two which would allow you to skip and just focus on maybe getting to 5 before the end of the week or hope you get lucky on a card pull from the bronze chromium cards

I'm hoping it doesn't start till later in the week but kinda scared it will start on Monday (after a big commercial during the super bowl featuring yoda, I mean the unnamed new toon) I could use a couple extra days to get ready
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader