When you just had a 0/30 run farming mats, is it still just bad RNG?

Well FML the drop rates are as bad as it can get and these are just the Mk3 Seinar Holo Projectors not the stun cuffs!

May the quality of life people address this "random" happenings in the game.

Replies

• Options
    I've been farming the same for Sid aayla, and anakin. Need about 100. Been getting better drop rates for zetas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes.

The rng is a little streaky at times, I find its better to stop and do other things when you start to have a bad run. I am not sure what effects the seed but taking a break off a single activity/node can help.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Simple answer: yes.
  • Options
    Lets put it this way: If you roll a dice 30 times and get 1 each time, Is it possible to roll a one next roll
  • EmporerIrenicus
    17 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's been studied a few times, extensively with large sample data...and it's been proven that you have a 1/3 chance of a drop in certain places, less for rarer things maybe. Once you accept that fact (which helps a lot with frustration, trust me) then you'll start to notice your drop rates go back up after a long streak of nothing. Everything's always fair and above board.

They really should sticky a topic about it though, with the proof of course.
  • Options
    It's been studied a few times, extensively with large sample data...and it's been proven that you have a 1/3 chance of a drop in certain places, less for rarer things maybe. Once you accept that fact (which helps a lot with frustration, trust me) then you'll start to notice your drop rates go back up after a long streak of nothing. Everything's always fair and above board.

They really should sticky a topic about it though, with the proof of course.

Saying it's proven is probably not fitting, it's the arithmetic mean over a large sample.

I've tracked a lot, probably three large data sets and I don't buy for a second that the high variance is not induced either purposely or by human error. A discrete binary outcome with a normal distribution, the 95% confidence interval of X bar should be around 30 trials which just looking at my own data is absurdly off. Even PHDs with a decade of coding experience make both implementation and mathematical bugs as well as SW companies put in things which they believe are beneficial to the company's bottom line.

In the end though, as frustrating (annoying) as it is at times you have to look at the long run. It takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game but that's the way it is. That's why I've always suggested for people to track their own drops.
  • Options
    My farming is usually met with outrage at the horrible drops I get but over the past few days I suddenly got incredible drop rate on gear. I've gone 0/20 farming mk 5 stun guns but just got about 30-40% drops yesterday. I even got 3/4 on a set of sims. I think it's just completely random and sometimes get good drops and sometimes bad drops.
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Low drop rates are low drop rates for a reason...to make you wanna spend $$$money$$$.

Imagine if people could buy zetas. How much anyone would wanna bet people would be opening their wallets?

Zetas will probably be purchasable soon. And because drop rates have been so low for so long zetas are in high high demand. Because of this people will definitely pay money. I know I will.

That's why the same day the Tank raid was released was the same day they released tank raid gear in the gear shop. Raids drop little to no gear you can use at that moment. If your gear doesn't drop...no problem you can just buy it. Small catch is the gear you need you normally have to refresh the gear shop multiple times for the piece you want.

Brilliant move on the devs part...brilliant and also sad.
  • Options
    There probably isn't a large enough sample sizes of some specific situations that seem to come up....

Example 1: When you only need 1 or 2 of something... drop rates seem lower?

Example 2: You only have a small amount of energy left.... drop rates seem lower?

Now I believe that they are the same now matter what, but it just seems like when these situations come up, I'm left waiting for an energy fill of bite it and crystal refresh.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I would save energy for shards and only that, except if you're missing very few part. I prefer save cristal and buy a mk3 from shipment to 300 (you can get them in 2 days if you're doing well in Arena, 1 day if you're a godlike).

The drop rate is insane, there's nothing else to had. But until it's "fixed" I wish you good luck buddy !
  • Options
    UPDATE: With the 9PM free energy and the regular energy gained. . I improved to 1/40.

Yessss. . . RNG.